Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best starting zone in WoW?

Just wondering which starting zone people find most enjoyable. For me its Elwynn just for the nostalgia feels, and it's always been a pleasant zone

Death Knight starting area.

Wandering isle is the only one worth noting. The remainder feel incredibly outdated.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    Gilneas. Has a really cool horror atmosphere to it.
    Last edited by Snes; 2017-06-11 at 12:03 AM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Goblin just for the sheer crazyness of it all

Tirisfal Glades, Eversong Woods, Scarlet Enclave (DK starting zone) and Gilneas are all on top of my list. Honorable mention to Teldrassil for feeling so magical, to bad that I don't like night elves that much in WoW.

Deleted
    Since i'm such a fucking edgelord i'm going to go with Gilneas/Tirisfal, fucking love me some dark gothic shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like old Dun Morogh the best. The place was just so chill (both figuratively and literally.)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like Gilneas cuz of it's nicely done atmoshphere and style. I like Elwynn for the nostalgia feels. Sometimes I even like draenei one, cuz of it's soothness and relaxing atmosphere/music. And yeah, ofc, Wandering isle is nice and should have been taken for more inspiring into the making of Pandaria. The NE one is also very nostalgic as my first character was a night elf, same with Eversong woods, as it takes me back to the start of BC and my main have been BE for long... Oh, my... can't forget my lv 60 main that was Tauren Warr... takes me back to Mulgore, I love mulgore cause I love the plains and the relaxing environment.
    Sorry, played the game for too long now.

-Begin to seem I am more than one person, as all of these are my favourite zones... But this also mean that i don't really like the other starting zones.

Deleted
    1. Gilneas
    2. Wandering Isle
    3. DH
    4. DK
    5. Kezan and Lost Isles
    IMO

1) Draenei
    2) Night Elf
    3) Pandaren
    4) DH
    5) Goblin
    6) Belf
    7) DK
    8) Worgen
    rest are forgettable
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Just wondering which starting zone people find most enjoyable. For me its Elwynn just for the nostalgia feels, and it's always been a PEASANT zone
    there , fixed that for ya.

for me its ;
    1. Belf, really captures their race well.
    2. night elf, old skool
    3. old undead
    4. goblin
    rest is invalid

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I am the oddball. I like the old Tauren starting zone pre-cataclysm. Then Belf
    Love people, not things; use things, not people.
    ― Spencer W. Kimball

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    1) Draenei
    what kind of sick monster are you?

If I got to this thread earlier I would have spent my vote vetoing draenai before anyone mentioned it, now I just have to antivote against your vote.

That starting zone is the epitome of feces, it's literally nothing but fetch quests where the beelines are across the same river over and over, devoid of skill, mailbox, or item access unless you completely abandon the leveling path, to the degree it takes 6 hours to reach level 10, because they know they wouldn't have mounts and they diarrhea'd all over that as hard as possible like some sick experiment on humanity.

Dun Morogh and Eversong Woods.

I thought the Panda starting zone was a nice experience.

Gilneas and the Death Knight's starting zone.

Dk starting was awesome the first time around. Forsaken is one I can do constantly. I loved BE but I've done it so many times I'm done with it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I hate Blood Elves, but I loved Eversong Woods..and Ghostlands even more.

But the music tho... All starting zones are boring as all hell specially because your character only has one button to press and if you do it with no looms you take quite a few seconds on every mob. So the only thing enjoyable about starting areas (except for the new ones, from cata onwards) is the music. And i guess the storyline if you complete bloodmyst is quite worth it Belf is also very good storywise. They both did a good job introducing the races to their factions, too bad that it seems weird right now that they have been in the game for so long.