Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    pretty sure that number includes people like me...those that were down no wow at the time and bout the collectors edition, played for a few days and realised it was a poor substitute for a good game.
    WoW was the greatest game ever at level 20 with only 10 or so hours of play time, wasn't it?

Unless.... you don't mean the 1.0 Collector's Edition, do you? Oh god, please say you don't... I don't want anyone to have shared my pain in that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    ...but wow has been out for, what, 13 years now?

FFXIV has been out for almost 3 ...
    Someone could argue that "almost 3" isn't the most exact expression.

30-Sep-2010: Final Fantasy XIV
    27-Aug-2013: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
    23-Jun-2015: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
    20-Jun-2017: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Dont care how many it have but i am sure it feels 10 times more than wow. I do play wow too, but the population at least on eu servers are at the minimum right now..
    1. FFXIV has far less servers per region than WoW
    2. FFXIV servers hold far less people than WoW servers do
    3. FFXIV has a massively smaller world
    4. Questing from 1-110 in WoW, something I just did mind you, I'm never alone at a hub or zone in general (EU account here)
    5. Questing from 1-60 in FFXIV on a server that is so populated that you're at most times not allowed to make a new character there, I went entire zones without seeing anyone.
    6. FFXIV is a hub game, everyone is in either the current xpacs main hub or limsa lominsa, the world is literally dead on arrival as fates are not being bothered with anymore.
    7. FFXIV never innovates its content, its the same boring cycle every single patch. There also isnt a single raid drop that you can't also buy of a token vendor.

FFXIV is a great game in general, and I play both it and WoW, but to say that it's more populated? Hell no, go play on a medium-high EU server and it has way more people on it.
    FFXIV is however filled to the brim with a cult like following that has to preach it as the next big thing, and I did spend 2 months on it as a break from WoW, but after that time, coming back to WoW has allowed me to clearly see the better MMO. Now I will keep FFXIV as my side MMO for when I feel like a break, but it's never going to come near competing with WoW.

Also as a personal rant note, all the graphical fidelity of FFXIV is spent on characters and bosses, the zones look barren as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    WoW was the greatest game ever at level 20 with only 10 or so hours of play time, wasn't it?

Unless.... you don't mean the 1.0 Collector's Edition, do you? Oh god, please say you don't... I don't want anyone to have shared my pain in that.
    WoW at level 20 is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than FFXIV at level 20 :P

except that a lot of gear in FFXIV is for All Classes, Disciples of War or Disciples of Magic.... some are only for physical ranged dps, some are for caster dps, some are for healers etc. very few sets of equipment are class specific and basically ever piece of high quality gear (in terms of textures) you'd want to wear in wow is a class restricted item.

i doubt you know much about "hard drugs" lol

but uhhhh i see 3 raids on my character page. 3 bosses in trival of valor? That's a raid? we also get primal fights which are honestly like a little mini raid when you throw them all together.

https://images.fun.com/products/3371...ank-dress3.jpg
    Exactly. "Like a". Not an actual raid. Also Trial of Valor has 3 bosses. 1 wing of an 8 player raid has 4 and 24 mans have 4 bosses tops. Also considering how easy Primal fights have gotten no they are not "like mini raids" at all these days.

I love FF14 and I love WoW. But you are really grasping here to paint one game in a bad picture.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-14 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    if players required it to step into a large amount of content, then yes. that was the whole thing about the rings and cloaks. i have so many better things to do with my time than complete quests i have already completed and grinding out what is essentially a participation trophy that was implemented for baduals so they could feel special.

Relics, however, like I have said - are very different. They are completely optional. You don't need one for anything. The reward is the fact that you have done it.

I am sure Legion has also changed the game a little bit too, but I was turned off it when I realized I was basically going to spend my free time powering up a weapon. It's just so much better to log into the game, play it with your friends, get a good weapon and be raiding in core raid a few weeks later.

if you're restricted to plate gear, you may not be able to wear these unique sets you may have come across. you might have come across something in wow that would have made a good link tmog and you can't use it... because it's not plate and the people with cow men in their game don't want you getting too silly even though link has been kicking ass in a dress and tights since 1987.

world of warcraft has 4 levels of difficulty for every raid meanwhile FFXIV gets 4 actual raids. Pretty simple.

it's all the same really when you are running for tomes/badges/what have you
    1. The artifact weapon literally powers itself up as you go along in the game, not once have I "grinded" it.
    2. Relics was something I looked at once and then went NOPE, dont even talk about Legion being grindy and then mention that POS idea.
    3. FFXIV is probably one of the most casual MMOs I've played. I managed to get up to and completing the current savage mode raid within 2 months of buying the game, that would never happen in WoW as a fresh player, and WoW is casual as all hell until you reach around heroic raids or mythic 10+.
    4. What are you talking about? Sure there are a few cosmetic sets in FFXIV, but most of the stuff is class restricted. At least the actual ARMORS, not the slutty maid outfits. (Every single trial or raid I did there always was a halfnaked catgirl, thanks, but no thanks).
    5. HW - > Void Ark, Weeping City, Dun Scaith and Alexander. that is 4 raid instances and 24 bosses, unless my count is off.
    WoW: Legion -> Emerald Nightmare, Trials of Valor, Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras, N/A mini raid, N/A tier 3 raid. That is currently 4 raids, with a whole tier still coming for the xpac, and the current raid bosses come in at a count of: 29, oh right lets add in primals and world bosses to the mix.
    Final Fantasy had in HW a total of 6 primals with 6 extreme modes, where as WoW Legion has atm 15 world bosses.

Which game has the most unique content now again? And dont get me started on mechanics, FFXIV rehashes everything, barely any new mechanics in HW.

6. Call it however you want, running the same 2 dungeons over and over when I could be running 10 different ones over and over, I clearly prefer the 2nd option as would anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    WoW at level 20 is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than FFXIV at level 20 :P
    I don't find WoW more enjoyable at 110 than FFXIV, so I surely can't agree with that. But different tastes, nothing more and nothing less. I've not been a fan of how spammy WoW's "rotations" feel with the last rounds of changes. The game's grown in a vastly different direction than the height of my enjoyment with it.

I figure it's a bit of a "it's not you, it's me" situation.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-06-14 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly. "Like a". Not an actual raid. Also Trial of Valor has 3 bosses. 1 wing of an 8 player raid has 4 and 24 mans have 4 bosses tops. Also considering how easy Primal fights have gotten no they are not "like mini raids" at all these days.

I love FF14 and I love WoW. But you are really grasping here to paint one game in a bad picture.
    Not to mention that 24 mans are basically LFR difficulty after a few weeks. And 8 mans come with 2 difficulty tiers where as all WoW raids have 4.

I'm just going to have to agree, I also love both games, but the fanbase of FFXIV is to me a massive downside to the game, because if you worship FFXIV along with them they're the friendliest people ever, but dont you dare complain or point out design flaws. (Also, they are very keen on telling you how different and difficult FFXIV is compared to other MMOs and how innovative their classes are... It gets tiring)

Still love both games tho.

I'm going to lock this thread down. It's become nothing more than a "WoW vs FFXIV comparison argument" with no actual discussion on topic. I think everything has been said that can be said regarding the 6 million subscriber phrase on the advertisements.