Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Who did you vote for?"

God I hate this question! I don't mind if it is asked with genuine interest but 9 times out of 10 it is just to shoehorn in a long winded lecture in who you should've voted and why! Anybody else hate this question

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. It's nobody's damn business to ask who you voted for.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I agree. It's nobody's damn business to ask who you voted for.
    Why not? They have every right to ask.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why not? They have every right to ask.
    And the person has every right to say "Mind your own business"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    God I hate this question! I don't mind if it is asked with genuine interest but 9 times out of 10 it is just to shoehorn in a long winded lecture in who you should've voted and why! Anybody else hate this question
    I short circuit it altogether by letting them know I don't follow politics.

Well, "who did you vote for?" might be a little forward and intrusive, but "mind your own business" is quite hostile and rude. Why not just say "I rather not discuss that"?
    Mother pus bucket!

You sound angry.

It's completely legitimate to ask this question, as well as not wanting to answer. Why do we need a thread about this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You sound angry.
    Me? No I just troll and say UKIP

Me? No I just troll and say UKIP
    See, if there's anything to like about this election it's UKIP's result.

I actually like that question, mainly because it makes people uncomfortable. It also means they have to answer for their political stances and comments. In the past election, I knew quite a lot of people who said one thing, yet voted for another. And, there's few things I love more than pointing out the hypocrisy of others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It's completely legitimate to ask this question, as well as not wanting to answer. Why do we need a thread about this?
    I don't mind people asking out of curiosity I just hate it when people ask just to lecture people

Asking people who they voted for is really of bad manner. Should probably think about making it illegal to ask as its mostly used to attack people anyway.

Yeah, I was even asked by my Realtor, I was thinking WTF?

It's a very impolite question.

Deleted
    This is usually said by people who are ashamed by their decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    This is usually said by people who are ashamed by their decision.
    Not really people died for the right to vote for whoever they choose without harassment

Oh, for sure.

I find it funny that people think it's such a personal question, especially when those very same people shout their political views constantly. Almost everyone on the Gen-OT threads should have no problem stating their voting preference. The same goes for the people who constantly spam Facebook with political memes and bullshit they got from their favorite sites. If you post a half dozen things a day about politics, then get upset when someone asks whom you voted for, then you really don't have any reason to get your panties in a twist. The real problem, is that it is information that someone can use against you to kick your ass in a future argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really people died for the right to vote for whoever they choose without harassment
    Being asked your voting preference is not harassment. I think people are more likely just worried people will judge them for their vote, or will be able to use it against them in an argument when their comment is contradictory to their vote.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like this question because it allows me to shoehorn in a long winged lecture in how voting works and why you should avoid it like the plague.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side