Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'd say they are more than casual. Maybe a relaxed raid atmosphere, my guild is like that. But it requires significant time to gear, even just for heroic. Even with the shard vendors it doesn stop the need for lots of time Anna's luck.

Depends on what you define as casual. I play one day a week currently and kill usually 1/2 the mythic bosses each tier. When I used to play 2-3 days a week I full cleared mythic raids.

The definition of casual is "relaxed and unconcerned". If you feel like trying gul'dan mythic is relaxed and unconcerned then you obviously haven't tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    no casual does high end mythic raiding lets be real. The time it takes to farm up to mythic level is not casual in itself.

I play wow maybe 30hrs a week+ I pug everything and have no guild I rotate alts and do M+10 and heroic pug clears. I don't want to get into organized raiding because of the elitism and I don't have uninterrupted playtime anymore and I dont need some nerd raid leader yelling at me because I went afk for 2 mins and didn't say anything. I had my realm first raiding fun through tbc-wotlk. Pug life is fine for me. Technically I could be in a mythic raiding guild best on my server with my playtime and geared alts I have but im just not into it anymore. Organized raiding in 2017 just for 10 more ilvl makes me cringe. I like the option of dipping in and dipping out with pugs.

Still makes me a casual now but not a bad (two characters 910+ and tank challenge skin and dps challenge skins).

there is a difference.

First, you are not casual in any way whatsoever. Second, you are the worst kind of self proclaimed 'casual.' You make tons of excuses as to why you don't do something in the game, talking shit about people as if they are the problem and name calling for no reason. You are a poison to this game and its community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    Hey - there is a lot of garbage out there saying you can not do top end content without raiding 24/7

What do you guys think?

Edit: Removed obvious guild promotion.
    My guild is raiding 2.5 hour two times per week and we're 10/10M. So being casual dosent mean you're bad. Just that you Dont have or want to spend more time on raiding.

Casual/Hardcore has always been a measure of time invested not skill level or content level achieved IMO.

A Hardcore player is someone who plays numerous hours a week. They may only be doing WQ's, Heroics, Mythic+, etc, but they play the game in a hardcore fashion by playing it excessively.

A Casual player is someone with minimal time who plays a little each week. They may be raid loggers, they may be someone who does just Emissaries, etc. A Casual player can be one of the most skilled, just as easily as a hardcore player can be one of the most misinformed.

Nobody that's casual kills Mythic Gul'dan. Hell I'm not sure anyone who kills Heroic Gul'dan outside of a carry or after the nerfs is casual.

Casual means that you don't take the game very seriously, and it certainly doesn't mean that you adhere to a strict schedule and push the hardest raid content in the game week after week. Especially in Legion where raiding means you also need to do stuff like AP farming to a degree.

And that's not an insult at all. ''Casual'' and ''hardcore'' are just different ways to play the same game, and many players exist in-between these two convenient labels, like the guild above who maybe aren't Method-tier hardcore but definitely aren't casual players.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only people who cant do top content are bads

There are 2 groups to mix and match. Casual too me is only a time thing, not skill.

Time
    Casuals
    Hardcore

Skill
    Bads
    Good

The people who keep asking for ilvl welfare and stuff are bads. Man I've seen some hardcore bad players who play 4hrs+ a day and still suck horribly, they usually the people running around in nethershard welfare. The casual bads have 855 and the hardcore bads have 885 LOL
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.