Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Did Blizzard Gut the Focus Rage Playstyle in 7.2.5!?

That's what it's looking like on the patch notes. FFS, Blizz is really peeving me off by screwing with my gameplay during the middle of an expansion. They did the same thing with Devastator and removing FR from Prot.

Yes the Arms FR playstyle was retarded from the ground up and should have never been implemented....but it's there, it took me sometime to master it and actually enjoy it, and now they gut it. All we wanted was some freaking reliable AoE and the ability to swap targets. >.<

There's a dedicated ARMS thread for this.

Yes, Focused Rage feels terrible now. It went from a 90 APM spec to what feels like 50. You can't really use FR outside of Deadly Calm window without being punished for it because of eventual rage starvation.

If the goal of the Arms changes was to alienate the few players that were left enjoying FR, they will succeed.

The spec needed to be reworked but not in the middle of an expansion for fucks sake lol. I never get why they do this. Implement Dragon soul Arms into the game and never change the spec again kthx.

Well, obviously things going back to HFC arms playstyle is what we all wanted instead, right? *Massive sarcasm*

Prolly gonna take this as a sign to finally quit myself.

you do mnow that FR is still there right? with the buffs to every ability you will do more dmg in 7.2.5 with the same build you use on live

what this opens up is a build where you dont have to use FR and thats what 90% of the warrior players asked for.

take your QQ and can it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    you do mnow that FR is still there right? with the buffs to every ability you will do more dmg in 7.2.5 with the same build you use on live

what this opens up is a build where you dont have to use FR and thats what 90% of the warrior players asked for.

take your QQ and can it.
    No one has even mentioned damage output or upset about additional builds being viable. It's about how poor the Focused Rage build gameplay feels compared to current. There are many Arms players who enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post

take your QQ and can it.
    FR and Deadly Calm are on the same row now. Part of the FR dump was to get BC to come off CD quicker so you could go ape shit with FR and fish for procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    They obviously nerfed FR because of the new legendary Ring.

Regardless, if you think FR was ever meaningful or engaging you should probably never design a video game (much like how the current class dev deserves fired). It's an arbitrary mechanic that only existed as a choice because the other two choices were inferior number-wise, regardless of mechanical design.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtom View Post
    Yes, Focused Rage feels terrible now. It went from a 90 APM spec to what feels like 50. You can't really use FR outside of Deadly Calm window without being punished for it because of eventual rage starvation.

If the goal of the Arms changes was to alienate the few players that were left enjoying FR, they will succeed.
    No wonder my hands hurt like shit when playing Enh Shaman. I installed an APM tracker when we were doing Cenarius Mythic and I was closing 700 APM, had to re-roll after that fight.

FR is a buff with no CD, off the global CD that only effects your one skill.

the worst ability in game maybe after maul as it is live for bears. (notice how its all off the gcd?)

they realized that when only like 5% of the warrior pop was even playing arms this patch.

as you can see from this thread all 5 of them are here crying that FR was fun, guess what put the new leggo ring and you can have your deadly calm FR build with more dmg than live (all of our abilities got buffed by like 20-30%) so you got no excuse.

seems to me you're upset there is a more fun less retarded way to play arms now and people will do just that.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    No wonder my hands hurt like shit when playing Enh Shaman. I installed an APM tracker when we were doing Cenarius Mythic and I was closing 700 APM, had to re-roll after that fight.
    ? Maybe you typed that wrong but the spec isn't anywhere near 700 APM. There are no abilities used outside the GCD so even if you're haste is crazy high you're still not getting above 60-70 APM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    ? Maybe you typed that wrong but the spec isn't anywhere near 700 APM. There are no abilities used outside the GCD so even if you're haste is crazy high you're still not getting above 60-70 APM.
    What the APM trackers track is number of key presses. So it's possible he was spamming that much (I find it unlikely since we are talking nearly 12 key presses a second) but yeah he was not getting 700 actions returned.

While i feel bad for those that enjoyed FR... fuck FR from all my heart.

APM are actions per minute, not things that happen in game per minute. Enhancement Shamans are pretty dependent on Stormstrike procs and spamming buttons means you hit the key as soon as it come out(or at least much faster than reacting to a proc).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, APM is based on the abilities required to be used (A stands for actions not key presses). Just because you decide to spam the button doesn't mean the class has a high APM. It's relatively low for a melee class actually. The only time any "spamming" is even necesarry for Enhance would be a time such as during Lust for Stormstrike procs simply because of the high haste and latency and frankly it's not even entirely spamming. You can press it a relatively moderate speed and be fine. 700 key presses every minute is your own choice.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

No, APM is based on the abilities required to be used (A stands for actions not key presses). Just because you decide to spam the button doesn't mean the class has a high APM. It's relatively low for a melee class actually. The only time any "spamming" is even necesarry for Enhance would be a time such as during Lust for Stormstrike procs simply because of the high haste and latency and frankly it's not even entirely spamming. You can press it a relatively moderate speed and be fine. 700 key presses every minute is your own choice.
    I also highly doubt he was actually pressing his storm strike key 500 times per minute.

On the one hand, sucks for people that like FR.

On the other hand, fuck FR.