Poll: Which class will be the next WoW class?

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Which class should be next?

So we got Demon Hunters, and it turned out to be another leather melee class. After DKs, Monks, and DHs (and Survival changing to melee) people are clamoring for a new ranged class. Others say that the class should be mail, since only Shaman and Hunters can use the armor type.

So, the question is what class should be next? Here are the three leading candidates:

Tinker: Gnome and Goblins using machinery and advanced technology to fight enemies.

Necromancer: Sinister spell-casters that use the dead to defeat their foes.

Bard: Talented musician who uses the power of song and music to buff up their allies.

Which one do you think will be the next class?

Deleted
    Dont see a new class any time soon if you see the class balance state we currently have.
    But i give Tinkers the highest chance, my personel options would be either spellbreakers or witchdoctors tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care as long as it's either Tinker or Necromancer. Nothing gay like Bard, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    If anything they should do a class combination thing instead more classes races yes but we don't need no more classes.. so yeah lets have a dual class or quad class like system put in game osrt of like the old school mush codes.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights are Necromancers. In fact, they're like super- Necromancers.

Bards have never been established in the Warcraft universe, and given Blizzard's stance on buff classes, I highly doubt you'd ever see one in WoW.

So yeah, Tinker all the way.

Necromancer.
    Summoner-Skeletons/zombies/wraiths/plagues/curses
    Blood mage-Healing-DPS/Healing. Plague/siphon HP from targets and spread it back to allies.
    Construct-Tanking-Using Bones to encase you to reduce damage. Use summoned Bone Constucts to taunt and take the hits for you till they die.

I don't know why people focus so much on something that's probably four or five years out at the earliest. Do we really have to have a new class thread every week?

Deleted
    I voted for the Bard because I would like to see Teriz being cucked by Blizzard again.

In reality though, I don't mind any of the presented options.

antimage or witchdoctors. we already have a necro class, thats death knights. either way the next class has to be ranged. there are already far too many melee.

Deleted
    Bard would be awesome.

No new class... just give all classes 4 specs like druids already have...

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I don't know why people focus so much on something that's probably four or five years out at the earliest. Do we really have to have a new class thread every week?
    You never know. Other companies release new classes every expansion, and Blizzard did release new races back to back (Cata/MoP).

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    You never know. Other companies release new classes every expansion, and Blizzard did release new races back to back (Cata/MoP).
    Between WotLK (DK), MoP (Monk) and Legion (DH) have been rather large chunks of time. Two expansions in a row with race additions only happened because there's no way they could have got away with releasing Pandaria without adding Pandaren.

When it's time to start speculating about the expansion after next (if there is one), then we can start wondering about potential classes to add.
    Last edited by Camthur; 2017-06-10 at 01:58 AM.

Im going to be blunt. What in the world does the tinker or necromancer have to offer? Dks are basically necromancers. They raise the undead to fight for them and unleash diseases to plague their enemy's. There is Nothing left for a necromancer. What, Unholy dk 2.0? Gut the unholy class and make it play nearly exactly like frost dks except 2h instead of 1h?

Then tinker. What would they have? Engineers have bombs and rocket launchers as well as other gadgets. What, would they get? A mecha suit?

Bards are typically a support class. Sadly, there is no place for a support class in blizzards current meta. If they were to even add a support class, they would need to bust out 2-3 just so people have an option as well as rethink their entire core.

My vote is something that is completely new. I could at least see how a demon hunter would work. They were a melee who could Become the demon. However, I simply see no way for most of the things on your list to exist in current wow. 2 of them share too much with another class or profession and one is a role that simply wouldn't work.

They should go with those timewalkers we saw on the timeless isle.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

davidbane123
    Shadow huntas mon! Vol'jin kick yo azz!

Axe Thrower
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I think thematically tinker is the most distinct and the more easier option to flesh out for Blizzard. Necromancer heavily overlap with DK the same way DH overlapped with warlock but without the popularity of the DH to push it into reality. Bard simply does not really stand out in the history of WarCraft if there exists one on the top of being quite hard to flesh out as well.

all those three choices suck. where's the "none of these are good" option?

Give me Spellblade like Aluriel.
    Last edited by Ham on Rye; 2017-06-10 at 02:24 AM.

Deleted
    I'd like to see spell breakers in the game at some point. Some kind of mage-warriors

Not a big fan of necromancers and tinkers.
    Bard is just ridiculous imo

If you are going to take engineering and make a class out of it with tinker, how about taking alchemy and making it a class? An alchemist is an RPG class. Their main stats are intelligence and dexterity. They are smart allowing them to brew amazing potions and also dexterous enough to fling them at their enemies.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.