Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Did you know there was a Blizzard desktop app queue?

I didn't.

At least I can manually start WoW and other games and log in even if servers are down.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2017-06-13 at 04:54 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

which can be skipped...

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I didn't.

Wait till the destiny 2 players get added to it, gonna be fun times!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I think it might be more of a Battle.net login que.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    which can be skipped...
    By going "offline" you can. Still weird for their launcher to have a queue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

well you can skip it altogether if you want to play wow, just launch the game directly instead of using the launcher
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes.

known for years.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You can, but I don't think you'll install any of the updates, right? If there are any...
    idk, booted up just fine for me with the "new features" prompt for the new patch

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Wait till the destiny 2 players get added to it, gonna be fun times!
    Yeah totally this queue that nobody ever sees is going to be out of control 4 months from now, they're definitely not going to be prepared for launch at all!

I mean sometimes I wonder if trolls like you even read the shit you write.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You can, but I don't think you'll install any of the updates, right? If there are any...
    Manually starting it I could log in and didn't get a prompt for updates. Though when I went offline it updated the game through the launcher and everything else about the launcher was connected. The battle.net was just not logged in and couldn't access friends/chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't.

At least I can manually start WoW and other games and log in even if servers are down.
    Nothing new, really. It is on and off, has been for a while.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No it's really not weird for it to have a queue the only time the queue pops up is if a lot of people are trying to log in at once which really only happens on patch days or when the servers are knocked off line for some other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    this queue that nobody ever sees
    Do you read the stuff others write? People in this very thread have seen a queue. I've heard about it before.

going to be out of control 4 months from now, they're definitely not going to be prepared for launch at all!

I mean sometimes I wonder if trolls like you even read the shit you write.
    Yeah, I hear they're going to expand CRZ to the desktop launcher. Don't worry, they've got it under control!

trolls
    I don't think it's going to be a big deal when it happens, but calling someone a troll because you don't agree with them is the height of forum stupidity.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Do you read the stuff others write? People in this very thread have seen a queue. I've heard about it before.

Yeah, I hear they're going to expand CRZ to the desktop launcher. Don't worry, they've got it under control!

I don't think it's going to be a big deal when it happens, but calling someone a troll because you don't agree with them is the height of forum stupidity.
    I disagree, your post is the height of forum stupidity. Perhaps you've heard of exaggeration for effect? Saying "nobody ever sees the queue" does not necessarily mean that literally no person has ever seen the queue. If someone tells you that they are starving because they haven't eaten for 8 hours, do you correct them and say "that is the height of speaking stupidity, you are not literally starving." As for your silly shit CRZ comment, I was unaware that there are no ways to add capacity to a network service. Completely impossible unless you contrive some nonsense like CRZ.

Swing and a miss, buddy.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I did not!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I disagree, your post is the height of forum stupidity. Perhaps you've heard of exaggeration for effect? Saying "nobody ever sees the queue" does not necessarily mean that literally no person has ever seen the queue. If someone tells you that they are starving because they haven't eaten for 8 hours, do you correct them and say "that is the height of speaking stupidity, you are not literally starving." As for your silly shit CRZ comment, I was unaware that there are no ways to add capacity to a network service. Completely impossible unless you contrive some nonsense like CRZ.

Swing and a miss, buddy.
    All we can go by is history. They had long queues on a patch launch, and they've been doing that since 2004.

As for "no one ever sees the queue," you can call it an exaggeration. I call it "You trying to minimize the problems a lot of people had, including myself." But hey, you do you.

CRZ was a joke comment. Talk about swing and a miss, that one went so far over your head NASA is currently tracking its trajectory.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I played once queue simulator on android which was based on wow login queue...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    All we can go by is history. They had long queues on a patch launch, and they've been doing that since 2004.
    A login queue for a game on patch day is to be expected. A login queue for a Company wide app shouldn't be impacted by one game having a patch. The battle.net app serves all of blizzard and all of their games. There will likely be some delay after a maintenance but ~38 min queue seems longer then it should be. If a non-game company wide social service can't handle the stress then there is potentially a problem when another blockbuster game is going to use it for social services (Destiny 2 on PC)

A login queue for a game on patch day is to be expected. A login queue for a Company wide app shouldn't be impacted by one game having a patch. The battle.net app serves all of blizzard and all of their games. There will likely be some delay after a maintenance but ~38 min queue seems longer then it should be. If a non-game company wide social service can't handle the stress then there is potentially a problem when another blockbuster game is going to use it for social services (Destiny 2 on PC)
    Yeah, I meant queues on the launcher app.

10+ Year Old Account
    It comes up whenever theres login server issues. Happens quite often on the hamster eu servers.
    You should really curb your enthusiasm if you think this is a case of MASSIVE FLOOD OF PLAYERS taking the servers by surprise.