Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    game is unplayable

    like every other game there is a griefer that ruins the game, gain 20 rating from win and lose 40 due to griefers

    does blizzard ever ban them??!???!?!? see the same players over and over in games and no bans???? this game is unplayable due to griefers

  2. #2
    The Insane Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    16,663
    Once you move out of low ranks and low levels, there are fewer griefers and people or people that ardently maintain that they're hanzo mains and the guy they're queued with is a widow main.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  3. #3
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    46,925
    If you're gaining 20 rank for wins, and losing 40 for losses, it's because you're over-ranked as it is, based on your performance. A griefer might make you lose, but they're not increasing the rank you lose.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Once you move out of low ranks and low levels, there are fewer griefers and people or people that ardently maintain that they're hanzo mains and the guy they're queued with is a widow main.
    i am ranked 2900 and have level 500, i end up in a game with 3 people premade who refuse to play because i picked mei, someone run in with roadhog in another game to feed ultis to the enemy team because he wanted us to lose saying he don't want to carry team and his friend just jumps around the map?? reinhardt charging right in and screaming on voice chat for us to follow or lose??? mei who blocks our dva ultis??? genji ulting in start room because he wants to destroy debris???????????????????????? when i pick torbjorn i get people running around after me to block me from building turret in good spots????

  5. #5
    im guessing you got your avatar from that AI and that at one point once an innocent line sketch of something now it looks like a horrifying jar jar binks with sun glasses
    Last edited by Lamuria; 2017-06-10 at 03:26 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    i am ranked 2900 and have level 500, i end up in a game with 3 people premade who refuse to play because i picked mei, someone run in with roadhog in another game to feed ultis to the enemy team because he wanted us to lose saying he don't want to carry team and his friend just jumps around the map?? reinhardt charging right in and screaming on voice chat for us to follow or lose??? mei who blocks our dva ultis??? genji ulting in start room because he wants to destroy debris???????????????????????? when i pick torbjorn i get people running around after me to block me from building turret in good spots????
    Welcome to the internet is all i have to say!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    like every other game there is a griefer that ruins the game, gain 20 rating from win and lose 40 due to griefers

    does blizzard ever ban them??!???!?!? see the same players over and over in games and no bans???? this game is unplayable due to griefers
    Stop using random group button, it does what it is designed to do. It finds you random people with random skill and random behavior. If you do use it understand that every time you use it you are rolling the dice and sometimes you roll craps.

    You are just as likely to end up on a team with a griefer or bad players as you are to end up on the opposite team and win due to a griefer or bad players.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-10 at 07:38 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Stop using random group button
    then i should get refund from blizzard for not being able to play since i dont know 5 people who play

  9. #9
    If you're seeing the same people over and over again that means you're queuing instantly after and having shitty luck. Wait like two minutes before re queuing and take a break when it goes to shit.

  10. #10
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    17,007
    Disagree. I played for several hours today!

    The other team is just as likely to have griefers as you. Just report them and move on. I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't fucking suck encountering those people in matches but saying the game is unplayable is just pure hyperbole. I have hundreds of hours in the game -- so a pretty big sample size -- and a very small percentage of my games ruined by griefers.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    then i should get refund from blizzard for not being able to play since i dont know 5 people who play
    So go make friends. Don't blame blizzard for your short comings.
    What is tank?

    "The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

    "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Radaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,986
    Haven't had a griefer yet.

    Had some asperger 14 year olds make noises on mic, people rage and verbal harrassment for being female but that's about it. Luckily this doesn't actually impact the match in any way.

  13. #13
    Warchief Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,141
    They're cracking down on people who throw and grief hard soon. That comes from Jeff himself on the forums. Just look at the Dafran controversy.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Stop using random group button, it does what it is designed to do. It finds you random people with random skill and random behavior. If you do use it understand that every time you use it you are rolling the dice and sometimes you roll craps.

    You are just as likely to end up on a team with a griefer or bad players as you are to end up on the opposite team and win due to a griefer or bad players.
    Except that's the opposite of what ranked is suppose to do.

    You're suppose to be grouped up with people of similar skill, not "random".

  15. #15
    Have to say I'm having the same issues or was, not played for a bit due to RL.

    Long story short due to previous ratings dating back to S1, I placed in 1200 in S5 with 8 wins 1 loss 1 draw. I climbed my arse from there up to 2200, then in the course of one week from trolls and the likes I fell back to 1400

    It's really frustrating, especially when you have smurfs playing or people on smurfs advertising a carry to plat service at the end of the day, Just report them all and keep going

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Haven't had a griefer yet.

    Had some Moronic 14 year olds make noises on mic, people rage and verbal harrassment for being female but that's about it. Luckily this doesn't actually impact the match in any way.
    How about not throwing out a word with out knowing what it actually means, people like you who throw out aspergers and autistic as an insult really aught not be using those as an insult as people with High functioning Aspergers have every right to either beat your ass or be offended at a moronic statement for throwing that out as an insult.

  17. #17
    6 games today 3 of them had a leaver on my side the opposite teams had no leavers in any of the games. Bad luck maybe but still feels really bad especially when you are being penalized for something completely out of your hands.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're gaining 20 rank for wins, and losing 40 for losses, it's because you're over-ranked as it is, based on your performance. A griefer might make you lose, but they're not increasing the rank you lose.
    Meh, this again.

    I'm still at a loss to explain what their "performance" metrics are. Feels like you can totally carry one game and get +7 and then have a loss and it says, "Haha! -93! Sucker!" and you're left asking, "Based on fucking what?

    I've never seen a ranking system try so hard to be cryptic and nonsensical. Even in HotS you can at least understand what the Adjustment system is doing. In OW it feels like the system is just fucking with you for the sake of it sometimes. Not to mention placements seeming to be largely pointless.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    6 games today 3 of them had a leaver on my side the opposite teams had no leavers in any of the games. Bad luck maybe but still feels really bad especially when you are being penalized for something completely out of your hands.
    I always wonder how the "performance metrics" handle this sort of thing, too.

    If you're playing 3v6, you're not going to put out the same performance just on account of lack of synergy, enemy focus fire, and so on. Hell, even in a full 6v6 you're not going to put out the same performance if other members of the team aren't holding up their end of the bargain, but that's another story.

  19. #19
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    46,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Meh, this again.

    I'm still at a loss to explain what their "performance" metrics are. Feels like you can totally carry one game and get +7 and then have a loss and it says, "Haha! -93! Sucker!" and you're left asking, "Based on fucking what?

    I've never seen a ranking system try so hard to be cryptic and nonsensical. Even in HotS you can at least understand what the Adjustment system is doing. In OW it feels like the system is just fucking with you for the sake of it sometimes. Not to mention placements seeming to be largely pointless.
    I'll agree with placements, but I've been tracking my per-game rank gains this season because I wanted some more-clear data, and there's a really clear correlation between the rank I gain/lose, my current rank, and my personal performance. If I have what i consider a shitty game for me, my rank gains are less or my losses are greater. As my personal rank has increased, my rank gains have dropped and my rank losses have increased.

    I'm more interested in actual data than what people "feel", which is a big part of why I decided to start tracking and recording this stuff.

  20. #20
    I don't play ranked in overwatch, but I've always wondered: how can you tell the difference between an intentional griefer and someone who just isn't very good?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •