Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    so crackers have found out origins has dual-DRM which might be putting the strain on the CPUs..

so thats why im stuck at 100% cpu out in the middle of the desert with no one in sight.

so cracked version prob give better performance.. classic ubisoft.
    Last edited by Jimusmc; 2017-10-30 at 08:07 PM.

So is the consesus that if you like a video of the first hour or so of gameplay, then you'd enjoy the rest of the game still holding up? I'm a bit curious, but I'm not really in the mood for Assassins' trail. Also tech wise, are there some interesting gimmiks (maybe something mystical?) in this one or did they dial all that down because of the time frame? I'm really not up for "Assassins Creed: Primal" right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So is the consesus that if you like a video of the first hour or so of gameplay, then you'd enjoy the rest of the game still holding up? I'm a bit curious, but I'm not really in the mood for Assassins' trail. Also tech wise, are there some interesting gimmiks (maybe something mystical?) in this one or did they dial all that down because of the time frame? I'm really not up for "Assassins Creed: Primal" right now.
    To the bold, kind of spoilers for the first few missions and the DLC trailer:

There is still First Civilization stuff. And one of the DLC trailers shows like Pharoah Zombies and fighting a giant statue of Anubis covered in First Civilization lights.

I am not that deep in the story yet, but just from the first few main story missions, it seems the bad guys are a cult that worship the First Civilization (or one particular person from it), they had an Apple of Eden. So obviously the First Civilization stuff is going to get expanded on as the story progresses.

As to whether you should get it... Just a question of whether you want to do some of the side stuff. In that hour of gameplay you watched, did you see him like clearing camps, find the treasure spots, doing some side quests? Because you will have to do a fair bit of that to keep your level current for the level recommendation (which are more like requirements) for the main story quests... I say they are more requirement because the way scaling and such works in this game, if you are more than a level or two behind enemies, you won't be able to do much damage to them, even if you have great gear/are good at the game, the game just scales your damage to hit like a wet noodle against enemies more than a few levels ahead of you...

In regards to the tech stuff I was more interested in the usual like concealed guns, bombs, etc. Is the game stuck at blade and bow for your assassinatiojn needs? Same for other gimmiks like gliders and what not, there was plenty of stuff over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    In regards to the tech stuff I was more interested in the usual like concealed guns, bombs, etc. Is the game stuck at blade and bow for your assassinatiojn needs? Same for other gimmiks like gliders and what not, there was plenty of stuff over the years.
    There are a lot of the same tools as before, sleep darts, smoke cloud, berserk poison. You can put animals to sleep and tame them, so you can have like a pet lion fight for you. You can set traps for enemies, don't know if that was in previous games; like you can poison an enemy's body and if other enemies investigate it they will get poisoned or sabotage things like braziers so they hurt enemies when they approach them.

Also there are several mechanics involving fire. There is a fire grenade or whatever, if you stand near torches/braziers with your bow drawn (or shoot your arrow through a flame) you will light your arrows on fire for extra damage, and then you have a torch that you can throw to set things on fire and create distractions.

Oh and there is the predator bow... After you get a skill in the talent tree, the arrows from it basically become guided missiles, you can control them midair and shoot people around corners and shit.

Nothing advanced other than the First Civilization stuff though, no guns.

Im considering it. Is worth the buy guys? Tell me please T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    Im considering it. Is worth the buy guys? Tell me please T.T
    certainly subjective but I find it to be the best AC game since Brotherhood. So it's definitely worth the buy in my opinion.

Does it look better graphically(PC) than Witcher 3?

I'd say so, though i myself prefer the aesthetics of Orgins compared to Witcher 3's swampy lands. Both games are graphically beautiful though.

Shiet. I will buy it tomorrow I guess...

Gonna take me a long time to finish this game if i keep stopping and taking screenshots like this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Real2016 View Post
    Does it look better graphically(PC) than Witcher 3?
    They're both similar in that they look great in still pictures but have jank as fuck animation and lifeless NPCs.

well new 1.35 gb patch for pc see if it actually uses my hardware correctly.. my guess? doubtful.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. still 30-40 fps.. cpu still at 100% gpu hovering around 50% sigh.. ubisoft just does not get it

Guess this game isn't for me. I'm just really bored playing it and I think the story is boring. Maybe I just need to go further in the story, but I just forcing myself to play it because I paid 60 dollars for it and I want to get my money worth. Game looks good though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OBM View Post
    Guess this game isn't for me. I'm just really bored playing it and I think the story is boring. Maybe I just need to go further in the story, but I just forcing myself to play it because I paid 60 dollars for it and I want to get my money worth. Game looks good though.
    Boring? I find the main quest (...and some side quests) quite intresting tbh. Havn´t gotten far but the crocodile questchain is....well..sad and tragic ..not what I expected tbh which also makes it great in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arla View Post
    Boring? I find the main quest (...and some side quests) quite intresting tbh. Havn´t gotten far but the crocodile questchain is....well..sad and tragic ..not what I expected tbh which also makes it great in my opinion.
    Just not engaged in the story.. Also I think the combat is pretty meh.. Just my opinions.

Just not engaged in the story.. Also I think the combat is pretty meh.. Just my opinions.
    The combat is pretty meh but the overall story line is pretty damn interesting and even the side quest stories are good something pretty rare in games.

If you're not enjoying it, I would guess you either haven't played long enough for things to start piecing together or you just don't like the setting /shrug.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I enjoyed assassinating Gaius Julius Caesar
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I really enjoyed this game. I'd give it a 8.5. I wasn't a huge fan of the combat system until I got access to the arena. The game's graphics are amazing and the photo mode lets you take some beautiful shots. I captured this one earlier today while going for an achievement.

Personally think this is the best combat the series has ever had. While it not might be the best video game combat ever, I like it quite a bit.

I was skeptical of the setting at first but I've really enjoyed it.