Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is it somehow a good thing for the President to behave like a tiny-minded child?
    To his troll army and their zero ability to turn a political position into law, it is.

It is legitimately all they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The country...
    Where still great just not at the national level. If you came to New Jersey and see the effort that we put forth it's amazing maybe not a future world wide model but I'm able to get a great education without huge costs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't vote for Trump and not supportive of him in the slightest, but I think its pretty funny that the same people who bash him 24/7 are surprised/complaining that he takes a little bit of revenge against them where he can.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    Where still great just not at the national level. If you came to New Jersey and see the effort that we put forth it's amazing maybe not a future world wide model but I'm able to get a great education without huge costs.
    you're missing the point I made.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

This is one of the best things Trump has ever done.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Small "payback" by the smallest, weakest President in post-World War II America.

I mean, showing disrespect to one of the major news cable news organizations on earth, and the Newspaper of Record in the United States doesn't make Trump and his administration look effective. It underscores their desperation.
    Like your god Obama did with Fox News.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal View Post
    Didn't vote for Trump and not supportive of him in the slightest, but I think its pretty funny that the same people who bash him 24/7 are surprised/complaining that he takes a little bit of revenge against them where he can.
    I'm not surprised in the slightest.
    But, the issue is so far almost entirely missed.
    Trump has long started to muzzle the US news media, in a biased way himself.
    He boots serious journalists from press meetings and instead lets conspiracy outlets like Infowars attend.
    The country is already rather negatively rated in terms of press freedom. These actions throwing it ever more down the rankings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Skroe is a Republican as far as I know.
    And Obama didn't disrespect Fox.. He should have though. After all it's been Fox hosts riding the Obama the Muslim from Kenya bus.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The difference is that NYT and CNN are reporting on Trump colluding with a foreign power to rig an election and Fox News was running segments criticizing Obama for using Dijon mustard.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    And Obama didn't disrespect Fox.. He should have though. After all it's been Fox riding the Obama the Muslim from Kenya bus.
    Obama did disrespect Fox. His team literally thought of them as opponents and fake news, and he should be equally condemned for it as this action is.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    This is one of the best things Trump has ever done.
    Talk about damning Trump with very faint praise.

Skroe is a Republican as far as I know.
    Maybe the Graham and McCain type. However, I do wonder how his investigation into the rigging of the elections by Trump and the Russians.

Skroe, you have a point. A very valid one even.
    However... You cannot possibly look at DC and blame them for it.
    Instead, you need to blame "yourself". The electorate voted, and got exactly what it deserves.
    It was crystal clear what's gonna happen, and still the voters cared little.
    Whose blaming "DC"? I blame the American people.

Donald Trump, host of the celebrity apprentice, is the perfect President for our nonsense, non-serious, weak country and it's silly, silly people. He perectly captures the decline in standards of all sorts.. from governing to ethical standards.

The American flag should be a white flag with a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on it. It perfectly captures our national mood going back 20 years. We solve none of our problems. We chase imaginary ones. The American people move blame around they a child moving vegetables on their plate. Of course, they never look in the mirror sand say "we did this to ourselves".

American decline is generally greatly overblown. But internally the decline, id even say utter decay, of our society is as clear as ever. The Trumpkins will obvious intemperate this as anti-Trump rage. It's not. He's symptomatic. The problem is the people living here. The people who put Medicare Part D on a national credit card. The people who knew about our entitlement ticking time bomb in the 1990s and kicked the so far, that it's 2017, we've blown through over half our time until the day of reckoning, and we're no where closer to a solution. The people make excuses for unethical and immoral behavior by public figures (not just Trump) because we've gone from a society that gives a shit about a great deal, to the purest, most distilled "idgaf" society man has created.

No. Donald Trump is the perfect President for the America we're almost certain to get. The America that does NOT start a big infrastructure renewal program over the next decade. The America that does NOT modernize its military and wakes up around 2030 with the second largest Navy on Earth (behind China). The America that sees national debt explode as boomers retire despite a 30 year heads up.

I'd put the chances of all 3 of these things happening about above 80%, because the United States of America, the most powerful country in the history of the world, at this place and time is populated by 320 million people who inherited a way of life from their parents and grandparents that utterly take for granted, and have put next to no energy in taking proper, sustainable care of.

Oh and just to make my point more clear Trumpkins, if Trump were not President tomorrow, none of this would change. A President can't reverse this. The American people have to start giving a shit again.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the more entertaining aspects of a thread like this is defenders of Trump calling the anti-Trump group "triggered" when the topic of discussion is directly a result of the president having been "triggered". Great thread.

I love it. After Comey literally said Trump wasn't under investigation for Russia CNN and NYT doubled down anyway. Time to put them in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    The difference is that NYT and CNN are reporting on Trump colluding with a foreign power to rig an election and Fox News was running segments criticizing Obama for using Dijon mustard.
    two scoops of ice cream

'"Press conference with Romanian President Klaus Iohannis.

“We were in the equivalent of Siberia, no pun intended, when it comes to where we were seated,” CNN’s Jim Acosta "'

Well no wonder. Jim Acosta doesn't realize where Siberia is?

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I love it. After Comey literally said Trump wasn't under investigation for Russia CNN and NYT doubled down anyway. Time to put them in their place.
    This. He put them in the back because they just report conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Talk about damning Trump with very faint praise.
    Yeah he's done barely any good, ever. He's just good entertainment when he wrecks people that deserve it. I gotta take what little I can out of this horrendous election, or else I'd be miserable all the time like most of the people in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Just hopping in here to point out he said "not under investigation at the time" while not commenting on the present.

But I guess the nuances of the english language are lost upon Trump Supporters, given the small dictionary of their idol.

I hated Obama. I'm a conservative Republican.

The difference is I value good governance above all else. Your people's problem, above all else, is your non-existent standards.

Let's play a game here. Let's say 2016 was a clean, election with non of the controversy about Russia or Trump's behavior or emails or anything. Let's pretend it was a remarkably boring election and this was a remarkably boring time with no scandals.

Barring all of that stuff, why the fuck are you not raising hell about Donald Trump not leaving the Trump organization? He is in categorical violation of the Emoluments clause of the Constitution. His conflicts of interest are enormous. We're 130 days in and it keeps coming up.

Presidents, and all public officials should hold themselves to the highest standards of ethics, especially when it comes to things they can personally benefit from by virtue of that office. So putting aside Trump-Russia and all that stuff, Trump is still a modern day abomination in that regard, compared to his predecessors.

You should ask more of your President. You know who circles the wagons the way Trumpkins do? Hugo Chavez's supporters in Venezuela. They knew how bad he was, but they did not care, because he was "their guy".