Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Democrats should not impeach Trump

There's no point in Democrats leading the charge to impeach the current Idiot in Chief. All you'd get is a short series of presidential replacements, with each one probably worse than the last idiot.

I see this as a Republican problem and they can fix it for themselves and thereby be forever marked with the stain of it. Republicans cause problems. They shut down government. They elect morons. In short, they can't carry their own fucking water.

Impeach Trump? Beg me...

10+ Year Old Account
    But President Electro would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats cannot impeach trump currently.

The republicans so far have went into hiding and refuse to adress any issues with the potus. Expecting them to fix it is comical. They will hold onto power as long as they can at least until tax cuts are implemented.

2018 is fast approaching.

Hmmm, it's called country before party, it's like the main duty of a politician.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I understand that the blind Trump supporters will do anything he says without question I'm wondering how damaging this burying their head in the sand tactic by the Republicans will affect moderates. As the man makes more and more blunders and Congress keeps making excuses or turning their heads it's eventually going to start having an effect on their constituents. Maybe not impeaching Trump isn't a bad idea -- Democrats can just sit and watch the GOP shoot itself over the next few years.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Last I was aware most republicans were still content to cover for Trump.

Apparently being ignorant of the law is justification to break it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    There's no point in Democrats leading the charge to impeach the current Idiot in Chief. All you'd get is a short series of presidential replacements, with each one probably worse than the last idiot.

I see this as a Republican problem and they can fix it for themselves and thereby be forever marked with the stain of it. Republicans cause problems. They shut down government. They elect morons. In short, they can't carry their own fucking water.

Impeach Trump? Beg me...
    The goal should not be to impeach Trump, it should be to drag out the scandal to maximize political damage on the GOP and produce maximum electoral advantage in 2018 and 2020.

If he got impeached in 2020, that would be great. If not, it doesn't matter as long as GOP has suffered political damage. In fact, it can even be a 2020 election promise: vote Dem and we'll impeach Trump. (No rule against impeaching someone after they get voted out.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Kayne West 2020.

Make it happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike, 3rd gym leader in red and blue pence ftw

It's not the Dems that can impeach him given they don't have the voting power. It's the Republicans.

The Dems are just pushing for the investigation to not get impeded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Hmmm, it's called country before party, it's like the main duty of a politician.
    Then they shouldn't vote themselves raises each and every time they get a chance. They should also vote for term limits for all government positions that are voted in.
    Politicians put themselves > party > country. Think about how many votes go straight down party lines. Or how many times the government is on the verge of fiscal "shutdown". They aren't worried about the country, they are busy putting their party's above the country's needs.
    We need Congressional term limits. And we need them now.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    The goal should not be to impeach Trump, it should be to drag out the scandal to maximize political damage on the GOP and produce maximum electoral advantage in 2018 and 2020.

If he got impeached in 2020, that would be great. If not, it doesn't matter as long as GOP has suffered political damage. In fact, it can even be a 2020 election promise: vote Dem and we'll impeach Trump. (No rule against impeaching someone after they get voted out.)
    I agree the best approach is to tie Trump to the GOP as much as possible, if the senate passes their version of the AHCA attach that to it as well. The smartest move is to use Trump in the most damaging way possible and just use the call for impeachment as a rallying cry to stir up the base.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I shouldn't date Gal Gadot.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    While I understand that the blind Trump supporters will do anything he says without question I'm wondering how damaging this burying their head in the sand tactic by the Republicans will affect moderates. As the man makes more and more blunders and Congress keeps making excuses or turning their heads it's eventually going to start having an effect on their constituents. Maybe not impeaching Trump isn't a bad idea -- Democrats can just sit and watch the GOP shoot itself over the next few years.
    What's the difference between blind Trump supporters and blind Trump haters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    And I shouldn't date Gal Gadot.
    She is married and has a kid, but stillllllll ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    What's the difference between blind Trump supporters and blind Trump haters?
    The blind Trump Supporter will hand-wave any evidence of his wrong-doings as fake news...or deflect to Hillary or Obama.

Blind Trump haters don't exist as the majority of Trump's blunders have been documented for decades and can be reinforced with evidence from multiple sources. The only people who believe that there's a blind hatred for Trump are those who fall into the above category.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    You can count the number of elected members of Congress over whom this sentiment has any hold on one hand, maybe two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    She is married and has a kid, but stillllllll ;P
    Yes, but my odds are as good as the Democrats being able to impeach anyone as the minority party. Trumps current lap dog Paul Ryan would have to draft the articles of impeachment. Only real chance of impeachment is if Trump does testify (despite all the times he's said he would for various things over the decades and hasn't), since as a pathological liar he would be guilty of perjury almost instantly.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    The blind Trump Supporter will hand-wave any evidence of his wrong-doings as fake news...or deflect to Hillary or Obama.

Blind Trump haters don't exist as the majority of Trump's blunders have been documented for decades and can be reinforced with evidence from multiple sources. The only people who believe that there's a blind hatred for Trump are those who fall into the above category.
    Still waiting on that evidence. Your post, however, is evidence enough that you're blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Still waiting on that evidence. Your post, however, is evidence enough that you're blind.
    It's not like your post history of claiming everything as Fake News and that Trump's issue of being a habitual liar is hand-waved away as a creation of the media helps your own case any.