Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Because the person you were replying to was talking about the movie being "boring", "dull", "uninspired", (bad). You then chimed in with "well, WW made lots of money".

That's why I replied by telling you that making lots of money doesn't mean it was good movie.
    The person did use those words but the exact part of their post I was replying to was the

"I'm sure it'll do moderately well, at least the first week or two, but that'll be about that. Seriously doubt he'll be getting a sequel so much as relegated to being a background/secondary character in other movies." part.

All of which has to do with how much money the movie makes.

Perhaps you should only have quoted that part then.

My opinion - I don't think it will be as successful as other famous Marvel movies. The next few trailers they release will very likely determine how successful the movie is when it's released in theaters. Trailers are just that important nowadays, since people can just stream/download movies instead of paying movie theater prices.
    Or perhaps you should have read more closely the quote I was responding to given it wasn't directed at you anyhow before making assumptions. I don't really care what your opinion is regardless. Please just stop responding to me. I think it will do just fine as most mcu movies do.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Are you sure about that? You said you've liked most of his characters then contrasted that to the appearance of this one as though him appearing to be a "ripe faggot" means you're already disliking this character... Good luck with that latent homophobia.
    Do people even know what a phobia is any more? Just because you call some one a faggot does not mean your scared of gays.

When you quote something entirely, people assume you're responding to everything in it. If you're only referring to one part of a quote, you should only quote that part. If you don't want to, don't, but this can be what happens.

Also, you don't get to tell people "don't respond to me anymore because I don't like it". Sorry, that's not how forum discussions work. If you don't want to reply to me anymore, don't. If you don't want to see my posts, well, you have an ignore feature. Use it.
    Well generally how discussion works is people don't make 3-4 false assumptions about what other people write then assume they are really interested in any of their opinions on something thereafter while refusing to apologize for a single assumption they made. You just make endless excuses for why you do it. Perhaps I could have more directly quoted what I was replying to at that point I think the onus would be on you to maybe try and see more clearly what it was before you decided you needed to reply with what you wrote and assume I equated box office with movie quality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That is a pretty good point... You'll also notice that during his breakdown of all the times the avengers fucked shit up, he oddly didn't mention Harlem, where Abomination turned up and destroyed a bunch of shit.

I wonder why he didn't bring that up.

Oh...

Right...
    The hulk is my biggest problem with the mcu. We don't have a real origin for him as the first hulk movie isn't cannon and the second doesn't explain a lot. And the leader seemingly being created when abomination was but we haven't seen a hair of that.

I don't feel there was need to apologize. I tried to move on and continue the conversation by introducing my thoughts and opinions of the character and trailer, but you seem to be focused on reiterating things, followed by being passive-aggressive to people who just don't seem to like the character and/or trailer... or who think this movie may not do well.
    That may be how you see things but it isn't how I see them at all. You repeatedly made false assumptions then accused me of being defensive for simply trying to respond to said accusations/posts. I think your opinions were simply a cover because you are incapable of admitting you are wrong about something. Its your way of moving on while acting like I ever really wanted your opinions in the first place. Now you are also acting like the victim. I don't even care if you hate the character because none of this has anything to do with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and just because I use racial slurs doesn't mean I have an issue with minorities... also, phobia is fear or aversion. This would be the latter type.
    Just because you use a racial slur doesn't mean you have a problem with minority's. It's all about context I personally use the term spook and faggot all the time but not in the context of native Americans or gays a word on its own has no power you can use any word with our it being a slur.

Because the person you were replying to was talking about the movie being "boring", "dull", "uninspired", (bad). You then chimed in with "well, WW made lots of money".

That's why I replied by telling you that making lots of money doesn't mean it was good movie.
    Fast and Furious and then the Transformers series both pull a B every time they push out a new whatever version of their movies... most of those movies wouldn't be considered good by anyone's measure. That's generally what these comic book movies do, print money. BP has a ton of buzz but also a ton of WTF, it probably won't pull in a B but it'll turn a profit. Will it be good? /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

@Berndorf

Don't agree with your last statement, but I'm still up for discussing the trailer and/or character, and moving on. This is becoming pretty off-topic and pointless anyway.
    My original reply that you also replied to had nothing to do with how hyped I am for the movie. It was entirely due to the over the top way in which the banned user was bashing the character and acting like it was a certainty that BP would flop and never have a sequel. I simply reminded him that I heard all of that same stuff about WW in the last year and that WW turned out to be a huge hit that will without a doubt spawn sequels. People see things through their own eyes though and often assume others share their own interests/tastes in things. Based on everything I have seen the BP teaser has gotten mostly positive feedback. Some people disliked the use of hip hop in an African themed movie or just aren't into the character but I think it is looking pretty good and has a director and actor who basically get the character. Whether it is actually a movie with a good story as well as how well received it is by critics is another thing but I think it having a more serious tone is a good step forward in and of itself. BP is one of the most serious characters in Marvel and shouldn't be about lots of silly one liners like most mcu movies have.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Just because you use a racial slur doesn't mean you have a problem with minority's. It's all about context I personally use the term spook and faggot all the time but not in the context of native Americans or gays a word on its own has no power you can use any word with our it being a slur.
    I didn't realize we were called spooks, i thought that was for the niggers.

Before you infract me, read that like the end of Cabin Fever! It's meant to be funny! So you fucking laugh got damn it.
    Last edited by ItachiZaku; 2017-06-21 at 06:13 PM.

Uh-huh. And the original comment made it clear that that appearance was in some way a negative.
    A bit fem and faggy but not necessarily homosexy either. Not with Get Out behind him at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it will likely be successful, but I'm doubtful it will be good (based in the trailer alone). Not something I'll pay to see. I may watch it on one of my websites when it goes up. But again, I just didn't like the character, so that may not even happen.
    I did like the character, but more the interaction with the others... sort of like how I liked Thor out of his element, but not necessarily Thor himself otherwise. I haven't seen Chad in anything else, but I do love most of the rest of the cast, so that's a big draw for me, just like i'll see every "new" X-Man movie, if it involves McAvoy and Fassbender.

I'm trying to see a story in the trailer, but it's just all over the place and doesn't give direction. I agree that a BP movie should be more serious, based on the character, but one thing Marvel does right is by adding in those light-hearted moments. Just don't go the DC route and have a grim and too serious story, like they did with BvS.
    I think its ok to have a lack of humor sometimes. Some Marvel movies try too hard in that regard imo. GotG2 I actually hated due to how forced a lot of the humor seemed to be at the expense of other things. The story in BP will seem to revolve around him trying to establish himself as king and how T'Challa wrestles with his father's desire that Wakanda become less isolationist. To me teasers aren't meant to show much in terms of story or anything else. They're just meant to throw some stuff out there and get some interest. It will still have 2 full trailers at least before it is finally released.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I didn't realize we were called spooks, i thought that was for the niggers.

Before you infract me, read that like the end of Cabin in the Woods! It's meant to be funny! So you fucking laugh got damn it.
    Didn't think cabin in the woods end with ancient gods destroying the earth?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to see a story in the trailer, but it's just all over the place and doesn't give direction. I agree that a BP movie should be more serious, based on the character, but one thing Marvel does right is by adding in those light-hearted moments. Just don't go the DC route and have a grim and too serious story, like they did with BvS.

- - - Updated - - -

I, too, feel that way with Thor. He's awesome with others in movies, and I really enjoy his character (Doctor Strange exchange was hilarious), but his own movies have sucked.

Though, this new Thor movie looks promising. Thank god Jane is outta the picture. Her character was soooo terrible and boring. I think basing the first two Thor movies around her character is why it failed.
    The first Thor movie wasn't that bad not good really but a decent start. The second movie fell hard because of the dark elfs the Asgard stuff was done pretty well and Jane wasn't that bad but the elfs were. Just stupid brutes instead of the flowery sadistic death elfs of the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Didn't think cabin in the woods end with ancient gods destroying the earth?
    Meant Cabin Fever!?

7+ Year Old Account
    The first Thor film felt like they shortchanged the plot in favor of introducing characters who had little development aside from learning about Thor. This next movie looks fun from what we've seen, though. Maybe Taika is the man for the job.
    Well the first one seemed like a rough base lay the foundation so they can do stuff in the futer with them. Like the doctor guy showing up in the advengers.

The Teaser isn't really a trailer, it's the trailer trailer or whatever. More like concept art than "hey, see this", I think.
    I liked BP in CW, but I'm not sure I'll be invested in Wakanda any more than I was invested in Asgard. Some characters we'll never see again are having a conflict in a place we'll never see again, lets tune in!

I, too, feel that way with Thor. He's awesome with others in movies, and I really enjoy his character (Doctor Strange exchange was hilarious), but his own movies have sucked.

Though, this new Thor movie looks promising. Thank god Jane is outta the picture. Her character was soooo terrible and boring. I think basing the first two Thor movies around her character is why it failed.
    Thor 1 was early, and watching it now it feels a little bland/ rushed, but still okay. Thor 2 had a lot of flaws, the dark elves, sure, but Asgard sucked too. Loki was eh, Thor was bleh. The mcguffin was dumb, Portman was bland. It didn't help that Asgard looked like Naboo, with Portman flying around on these silly little ships...

I think the problem with BP will be like Ironman 3 or Thor 2, it doesn't make a lot of sense after a group film to do a solo film sometimes. Cap hasn't had a true solo film since the first, and so the Cap movies and Avenger movies drive the world, but then setting something else off to the side needs to be something different. We'll see though.

It's not like I'll go to the theater in either case, so doesn't mean much.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Black Panther is one of my favorite Marvel comic characters.....

This movie is....

"Fucking shut up, and take my money!"
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I think the problem with BP will be like Ironman 3 or Thor 2, it doesn't make a lot of sense after a group film to do a solo film sometimes.
    No, the problem is the lead character.

The one example we have of him in action didn't impress much of anyone other than those shallow enough to be impressed by a "kewwwwwwwwl" costume. There was nothing inherently interesting or charismatic about the character, and whenever he engaged in conversation it was almost always "whatever" or "I don't care." But hey, he wears a black suit with cool accents on it! Awesome!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Well generally how discussion works is people don't make 3-4 false assumptions about what other people write then assume they are really interested in any of their opinions on something thereafter while refusing to apologize for a single assumption they made.
    You realize that's 100% your modus operandi, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    No, the problem is the lead character.

The one example we have of him in action didn't impress much of anyone other than those shallow enough to be impressed by a "kewwwwwwwwl" costume. There was nothing inherently interesting or charismatic about the character, and whenever he engaged in conversation it was almost always "whatever" or "I don't care." But hey, he wears a black suit with cool accents on it! Awesome!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You realize that's 100% your modus operandi, right? Right?
    lol. Back from you ban and already trolling. The truth is in the above posts. People can sort it out for themselves. If you want to keep replying to me I foresee another ban in your future but w/e.

Well, that certainly proves my point.