Gearing champions

I know I'm about 9 months behind everyone else, due to a sabbatical. But my champions are woefully undertrained and undergeared.

I am currently using the "work order for gear" perk, but am wondering if the other (DK order hall, I think it's one extra strong minion) might help by getting more missions done with bonus rolls.

I'm contributing to the command center, because I think it's my best shot at rare, epic, and legendary equipment. The guides I've read said to focus on + % for all missions and + % for missing with stronger minions (with the third being either). It also recommended Meatball as the combat ally (probably with gold and AP equip; I'm swimming in OR right now.

I know it'll take a couple months to level, gear, and equip my champions, but any advice as to how to do it right would be appreciated.

Meatball is incredibly useful as a mission table follower, I really wouldn't even think about using him as a bodyguard with on world quest completion gear. For most classes the new 7.1 followers make decent to great bodyguards, so I would go with that.

The equipment advice you got is pretty spot on, but I would add +% for missions longer than 8 hours. It's not a bad idea to gear 1 of your followers with +40% and +30% on missions longer than 8 hours (total 70%), nor is +40% a bad choice for a third item. Also -mission duration gear for followers like Meatball to maximize the item returns, a carrot and saddle will stack. Personally I like saddles on all followers that don't have long duration gear, but that is preference.

Keep in mind that after a month or so of spamming missions you will have enough blue and epic gear to fill all three gear slots for all your followers, so no need to plan around green gear. They have greatly buffed the rate at which you get the gear now.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, choose your followers wisely. Aim for an even(ish) spread of counters; 2/2/2 or 2/2/1 of each spec, but also an even spread of secondary counters (hazard/minion/spell). Then you can look for secondary abilities that you like within those confines. It's a bit of a puzzle, but all classes have more or less optimal solutions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    any advice as to how to do it right would be appreciated.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...n_guide_for_72

I'm following that. Seems to be just as good as any other guide out there.

I am currently using the "work order for gear" perk, but am wondering if the other (DK order hall, I think it's one extra strong minion) might help by getting more missions done with bonus rolls.
    As long as you need gear, stick to the workorders. The abomination is good, but not THAT good.

The work orders come at the expense of +1 each of ghouls and Ebon Knights.

Deleted
    The work orders come at the expense of +1 each of ghouls and Ebon Knights.
    Ah, yes, my bad. Was thinking of the insta-complete WQ thing. Still, I'd go with workorders for now. Then decide if the Abo is worth more than insta-wq.

The reddit link had the same advice I was reading, probably the original source.

- - - Updated - - -

Really wish they'd let us purchase green equipment...

It takes three weeks to have your champions epic@900, and another four to have them titled as long as you check the mission three times a day.
    Just send all gear mission you get, leveling and upgrading is neither hard nor timeconsuming, this is not the Garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...n_guide_for_72

I'm following that. Seems to be just as good as any other guide out there.
    The mage part of that is just flat out wrong, it suggests not using one of the best followers that can sometimes 200% things by himself. If you are that wrong on one thing everything else is suspect.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It takes three weeks to have your champions epic@900, and another four to have them titled as long as you check the mission three times a day.
    IF you get lucky on drops and IF you are not on a class that cannot do workorders. If you aren't lucky or is playing a class that cannot do workorders, it WILL take longer, no matter how often you can send out your champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The mage part of that is just flat out wrong, it suggests not using one of the best followers that can sometimes 200% things by himself.
    Which one is that? I have no clue on the mage champions as my own is still level 100, but I'd like to know before I get there.

Deleted
    The mage part of that is just flat out wrong, it suggests not using one of the best followers that can sometimes 200% things by himself. If you are that wrong on one thing everything else is suspect.
    Talking about Millhouse?

What would be the preferred bonuses for combat ally in a post OR scarcity world? I have 26k resources, and my combat ally is equipped to give me 150 OR per WQ (plus 15 gold). I'm guessing AP (though I'll hit 52 traits by the weekend, I guess?) and gold?

Deleted
    I'm guessing AP (though I'll hit 52 traits by the weekend, I guess?) and gold?
    AP as long as you still need that for other specs, and gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I was getting +5 ilevel tokens and no gear missions, then at about 850 I started getting gear missions and the level tokens have dried up. I dinged 110 on April 14th, and I have 7 followers. 4 are titled, the other 3 are very close (less that 15K XP needed or less) and they're all only up to ilevel 870. This is on a monk with no order hall upgrade to churn out armaments. :/ They'll all be titled by the end of the week at the latest, but probably not 900 until mid August.

Clarification: My mid-August comment is based on RNG being a pain in the ass and giving one armor token mission about every other day for the last month or so. I need 21 tokens to get all 7 followers to 900, or probably something like another 40 days. 4 months from 110 ding is too long. :/

Update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I have already equipped two druids and two monks, yes it does take longer, but you will easily have them at 900 and with blue and green equipments after three weeks. Every day you have two armor (one with item cache bonus, one with epic armor) and one item with item cache as bonus available. This is not luck dependent, they will spawn as soon as 4 of your chars are 110.
    BS
    Last edited by Dawnseven; 2017-06-20 at 07:04 PM.

IF you get lucky on drops and IF you are not on a class that cannot do workorders. If you aren't lucky or is playing a class that cannot do workorders, it WILL take longer, no matter how often you can send out your champions.
    I have already equipped two druids and two monks, yes it does take longer, but you will easily have them at 900 and with blue and green equipments after three weeks. Every day you have two armor (one with item cache bonus, one with epic armor) and one item with item cache as bonus available. This is not luck dependent, they will spawn as soon as 4 of your chars are 110.

Which one is that? I have no clue on the mage champions as my own is still level 100, but I'd like to know before I get there.
    Sunreaver is amazing, he can kill troops on missions with him so you just dont bring any or use ones that are about to die. As long as a mission doesn't have no bonus loot counter on it there are plenty he can solo. At worse he and a person with a counter will almost always 200% the normal stuff and 100% the elite broken shore quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Talking about Millhouse?
    No Millhouse is a trap, he takes so long to do anything. Aethas SUnreaver is in many cases the best follower, he is left off of that list due to no counters, the thing is like meatball he doesn't need them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Sunreaver is amazing, he can kill troops on missions with him so you just dont bring any or use ones that are about to die. As long as a mission doesn't have no bonus loot counter on it there are plenty he can solo. At worse he and a person with a counter will almost always 200% the normal stuff and 100% the elite broken shore quests.

- - - Updated - - -

No Millhouse is a trap, he takes so long to do anything. Aethas SUnreaver is in many cases the best follower, he is left off of that list due to no counters, the thing is like meatball he doesn't need them.
    Yeah, Sunreaver seems to be very good.