Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pre-Ordering WoW Expansions / Blizzard Games?

Simple question, do you pre-order your WoW expansions when they are announced?

Or, Have you pre-ordered your WoW expansions in the past? Why?

When every WoW expansion is announced, I make my regular trip to my local gamestop and pre-order the Collector's Edition every time because I know that the Blizzard quality just can't be matched.

The same goes for any other Blizzard title. If a new title is announced, I always go pre-order the collector's edition. Lately I have been pre-ordering 2 collector's editions every expansion because I usually hold on to one for awhile and sell it a few years down the road.

I got 2k for my WoW Vanilla Collector's edition a year ago.

General Question, why or why not is pre-ordering games a good thing? For me, it ensures me that I will be one of the first ones with a copy of the game, also since I get Collector's Editions, i am guaranteed to get one if i do.

For any game in general I pre order if I know I'm going to play it. Have done with all WoW expansions so far.

Can't really say more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't pre-order, ever. There's simply no reason for it and, ultimately, promotes pretty shitty design and commercial behaviour from those you're pre-ordering from.

Don't do it.

Deleted
    The only time I'll pre-order a WoW expansion is if it's for a cheaper price than from the Blizzard store. I'll generally be playing WoW regardless so cost is the main concern for me.

As for other games... nah, I wouldn't ever pre-order.

My first expansion since vanilla, I do not see the point in pre-ordering unless there is some sort of discount or worthwhile giveaway for doing so as it is a digital download anyway and not physical media which will go out of stock

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    You shouldn't pre-order, ever. There's simply no reason for it and, ultimately, promotes pretty shitty design and commercial behaviour from those you're pre-ordering from.

Don't do it.
    Yeah I'm sure Pre Ordering did that to No Man's Sky? Nothing to do with the dev team in general lying through their teeth right? Oh wait.

Also don't tell me how to spend my money. You are not my accountant. Me spending £27 on preordering N Sane Trilogy for example has not affected anything. Stop pretending it has.

Also shitty design has been a thing since before pre ordering. Daikatana says hello.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-19 at 04:37 PM.

I usually buy the collectors editions for WoW because I like the extras, but I don't typically preorder on announcement, I'll wait until about a month or so before release. I can't really think of a single game I'd actually preorder when it's announced, most other things I'm generally content with standard copies and it's not like those will run out

Deleted
    No poll, Jay?

You should pre-order anything that Blizzard does blind. Their name stands for highest quality and if you don't pre-order, you're not a real gamer and technically don't deserve to enjoy Blizzard services, or play games in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Also don't tell me how to spend my money. You are not my accountant. Me spending £27 on preordering N Sane Trilogy for example has not affected anything. Stop pretending it has.
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Good ol' Boogie explained, very clearly, why pre-ordering is bad. Here's the video:

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    You should pre-order anything that Blizzard does blind. Their name stands for highest quality and if you don't pre-order, you're not a real gamer and technically don't deserve to enjoy Blizzard services, or play games in general.
    Well... There is that, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pre ordered all the expansions except for Legion. Buying Legion was a mistake.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Good ol' Boogie explained, very clearly, why pre-ordering is bad. Here's the video:
    He explained his opinions. Not facts.

Bring a solid fact to the table and maybe I'll take you seriously. Some random youtuber spouting why it's bad is not facts.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't do it.
    But why?

Why NOT pre-order if the game and the company are top notch? Especially if you are a fan of the franchise and its another installment in that franchise.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't do it.
    Sure there is - I'm going to pre-order if I know I'm going to get it anyway.
    IMO your stance applies better for more standalone games that have on-disc DLC or splitting exclusive DLC across different retailers. Off the top of my head, WoW has very tame bonuses like earlier access to DH in Legion and the cross promotional annual pass thing for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But why?

Why NOT pre-order if the game and the company are top notch? Especially if you are a fan of the franchise and its another installment in that franchise.
    Just one of those people who spout "PREORDER BAD" and link opinion videos like they are bloody facts.

End of the day it is your money. You spend it how you want. Not how I tell you, Not how anyone on this forum tells you, not how some random person in the street tells you but YOU.

I bought my husband the RoS expansion the day before it released, outside the official 'preorder window', and he still received the pre-order benefits.

Similar timing with Legion and got the pre-order bonuses for that.

So idk I think pre-orders are a scam but apparently Blizz is happy to hand stuff to me that I didn't want. lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Started playing WoW the week BC was released. I have a box copy of Wrath because there was no online pre-order at the time, or at least I didn't know of it at the time, but I would have definitely pre-ordered, for download, Wrath if I could have. I did pre-order Cata which is the only WoW expansion or Bliz product that I have ever pre-ordered.

Bring a solid fact to the table and maybe I'll take you seriously. Some random youtuber spouting why it's bad is not facts.
    Lol you really love pre ordering huh. Go nuts. Pre order everything

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lol you really love pre ordering huh. Go nuts. Pre order everything
    I will. In fact I think I'll preorder this Scarf on Amazon!

So we take every random youtubers word as fact now do we? Good to know.

When someone here provides a solid fact on why pre ordering is bad let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which of his opinions do you disagree with?

Be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why NOT pre-order if the game and the company are top notch?
    Because 'Warlords of Draenor', that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Sure there is - I'm going to pre-order if I know I'm going to get it anyway.
    How do you know you're going to buy it, if you've not reviewed it in some way? If you buy something blind you're in a lucky position (plenty of disposable income), or you utterly lack discrimination.