Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i see, but what exactly did it say in the book? cause i cant seem to find a qoute from the book on "lots of females"
    This is all wowpedia has for the source. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWadWnKeZGQ
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    This is all wowpedia has for the source. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWadWnKeZGQ
    yeah this has nothing to do with the travveler book
    so right no wowpedia has no source for where it got "lots of ogre females"

does anyone have the traveler book who can screenshot it? i didnt get it cause i thought it would just be a kids book
    also that nobel video does not mention female ogres in any way so...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Like the Fish people in Pandaria, The Hozen, Ogres..Those are arguably the most known of the lost Female races. Has Blizzard ever made a comment as to why this is? Laziness? Attempt to save money? Just seems kinda odd that the leading MMORPG in payed subs is doing this.
    Did you just fucking assume their gender?!

Wow... This is going in my blog.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

yeah this has nothing to do with the travveler book
    so right no wowpedia has no source for where it got "lots of ogre females"

does anyone have the traveler book who can screenshot it? i didnt get it cause i thought it would just be a kids book
    also that nobel video does not mention female ogres in any way so...
    Ah, I thought you meant the short story. As for sources, the kid's book is like one of four that they cite.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I thought you meant the short story. As for sources, the kid's book is like one of four that they cite.
    one of four?
    also does anyone have a screenshot of the book saying this? cause it only mentions a few ogre female, and seems to go "but i mean there was tons" im pretty sure if the book said "there was a fuck ton of ogre females" we would have a thread on this about "alot of ogre females" but this is the first time this has come up

one of four?
    also does anyone have a screenshot of the book saying this? cause it only mentions a few ogre female, and seems to go "but i mean there was tons" im pretty sure if the book said "there was a fuck ton of ogre females" we would have a thread on this about "alot of ogre females" but this is the first time this has come up
    Yes, one of four.

1) story linked above
    2) kid's book
    3) this quest http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Ogrezonians_in_the_Mood
    4) this quest http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Army_of_the_Black_Dragon

Edit: It doesn't explicitly say anywhere "hey, there's a 1:1 balance between M/F," but since there's also no mention of their population dying out it's probably safe to assume they have a decent number of females for reproducing,

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, one of four.

1) story linked above
    2) kid's book
    3) this quest http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Ogrezonians_in_the_Mood
    4) this quest http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Army_of_the_Black_Dragon

Edit: It doesn't explicitly say anywhere "hey, there's a 1:1 balance between M/F," but since there's also no mention of their population dying out it's probably safe to assume they have a decent number of females for reproducing,
    what?
    first, the story linked above mentions no where female ogres
    second, story book do we have a qoute on that? at all of what it says? also
    just because a race is not dying out does not mean there is alot of females
    have you thought of the possability that ogres breed like rabbits? those ones on the ogre mainland maybe used like breeders?
    i mean have you heard about the male succubus?
    the ogre female island may not have alot, nor does it matter cause we have not gone there, for all we know it was like 100 ogre females who escaped and moved there to get away from the males

and ok because an ogre has a wife means that there must be tons of females right?

lastly decent number could be something like a few hundred, and all the females be kept there to be used as breeders, again there is a reason why the females are not seen, because they are usually not allowed to leave the ogre empire as they seem to be needed for breeding

what?
    first, the story linked above mentions no where female ogres
    second, story book do we have a qoute on that? at all of what it says? also
    just because a race is not dying out does not mean there is alot of females
    have you thought of the possability that ogres breed like rabbits? those ones on the ogre mainland maybe used like breeders?
    i mean have you heard about the male succubus?
    the ogre female island may not have alot, nor does it matter cause we have not gone there, for all we know it was like 100 ogre females who escaped and moved there to get away from the males

and ok because an ogre has a wife means that there must be tons of females right?

lastly decent number could be something like a few hundred, and all the females be kept there to be used as breeders, again there is a reason why the females are not seen, because they are usually not allowed to leave the ogre empire as they seem to be needed for breeding
    It's cited as a source. If it literally contained zero mention or allusion to it someone would have removed it by now. But it's a wiki, so feel free to log in and make your case yourself. I'm just showing you literal sources and you're choosing not to believe them because you don't have them on hand. Generally when a source is cited it's taken at face value.

As for male succubi... if you can find anything whatsoever that says demons procreate, link it.

Since you quoted my edit, I'm guessing you chose to ignore the part where I said "it doesn't prove there's a 1:1 ratio." The question was "do they exist," and it branched into "how many are there?" Yes, they exist. No, there's no way to tell how many there are, any more than you can tell how many male ogres there are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Like the Fish people in Pandaria, The Hozen, Ogres..Those are arguably the most known of the lost Female races. Has Blizzard ever made a comment as to why this is? Laziness? Attempt to save money? Just seems kinda odd that the leading MMORPG in payed subs is doing this.
    Why would anyone want female ogres or monkeys? I can understand if far-left feminazis want something they can relate with, but...

Besides, these are less important since they aren't even playable races. Until Cata there were no female Worgen either.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's cited as a source. If it literally contained zero mention or allusion to it someone would have removed it by now. But it's a wiki, so feel free to log in and make your case yourself. I'm just showing you literal sources and you're choosing not to believe them because you don't have them on hand. Generally when a source is cited it's taken at face value.

As for male succubi... if you can find anything whatsoever that says demons procreate, link it.

Since you quoted my edit, I'm guessing you chose to ignore the part where I said "it doesn't prove there's a 1:1 ratio." The question was "do they exist," and it branched into "how many are there?" Yes, they exist. No, there's no way to tell how many there are, any more than you can tell how many male ogres there are.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Incubus
    imp mothers?
    and yes, they exist i was never saying they didnt, i was saying they are rare and are tried to be contained in the ogre empire
    also i was saying as the wowpedia tries to say the book says "there was just as many females are males

I figure since many look the same and it'd be hard to tell them apart, since for many creatures this is the case. Also I imagine Blizzard doesn't figure them important enough to justify putting the time and money into giving them a unique model.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    "No males have been reported, so (rumor has it) harpies breed with captive males of many species, though they prefer elves, orcs, and humans to either smaller or larger species. The males of another species fills the role for a time, after which they become food for the nest. In lean times, harpies can lay unfertilized eggs that become female copies of the mother."

Damn. Poor dudes
    death by snu snu

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Incubus
    imp mothers?
    and yes, they exist i was never saying they didnt, i was saying they are rare and are tried to be contained in the ogre empire
    also i was saying as the wowpedia tries to say the book says "there was just as many females are males
    Like I already said once, wowwiki has been out of date for years. Sometimes it's updated, sometimes it's not. I knew you'd use that example, so compare these pages.

wowpedia

wowwiki

Now note that wowpedia says nothing about how the imps are created, just that the mother's stomach appears to serve as a portal. I don't believe (anyone step in to correct me if I'm wrong) that we know anything about how demons come into existence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like I already said once, wowwiki has been out of date for years. Sometimes it's updated, sometimes it's not. I knew you'd use that example, so compare these pages.

wowpedia

wowwiki

Now note that wowpedia says nothing about how the imps are created, just that the mother's stomach appears to serve as a portal. I don't believe (anyone step in to correct me if I'm wrong) that we know anything about how demons come into existence.
    ineresting, but yeah incubus are within the lore, allthough we know very very very little about them

ineresting, but yeah incubus are within the lore, allthough we know very very very little about them
    I hope when we go to Argus we'll learn more about demons, but in my heart I know we're just going to get another patch of Dadghar jokes and Velen anxiety while Genn/Sylvanas have their pissing match over Warden towers and Jaina chills with Lor'Themar and Gallywix.

10+ Year Old Account
    where did you get this qoute?
    it is no where on wow wiki on the ogre page
    "Ogre females have not appeared in the games and only a few have been mentioned in the lore. The few ogre females mentioned in lore include the unnamed wife of Tharg, who died by the claws of the black dragonflight. Chief Ogg'ora was a female ogre sorceress and former leader of the Fire-Gut ogres.[14] One of Gro'ach the Wise's commanders among the Duskbelch ogres was a female barbarian named Vaxar.[15] In 2011 Hallow's End, new masks were added to the game, including an [Ogre Female Mask]."
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ogre#Female_ogres

WoWwiki is old, outdated, and close to being abandoned. (As seen on the Ogre page itself at the top, stating that the info is both out of date and needs cleanup. Also, nowhere on that page, in game, in the lore books, ect, does it say that ogre women are 1/1000, nor does it even say that Ogre women are even rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Personally I'm thinking Imps are Incubi.

Agatha is called a Sayaad. She looked like a Succubus, then her illusion was shattered and she turned into an Imp Mother. Imp Mothers birth imps. Therefore, if Agatha is a Sayaad, Imps ought to be Sayaads too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    If you can't tell a female fish from a male one, how do you know you're not already looking at female jinyu?
    This is brilliant.

*death by being eaten
    after snu snu

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Personally I'm thinking Imps are Incubi.

Agatha is called a Sayaad. She looked like a Succubus, then her illusion was shattered and she turned into an Imp Mother. Imp Mothers birth imps. Therefore, if Agatha is a Sayaad, Imps ought to be Sayaads too.
    agatha was called a sayaad cause you thought she was a succubus, but she wasent, she was an imp mother

- - - Updated - - -

No. Months after snu snu. Once the harpy gets pregnant, the snu snu stops, then she keeps the male to feed to the offspring.
    would still be weeks of snu snu before the harpy would stop