Cool puppy "build of the month" software help

Hello,

I've purchased and assembled the pieces to the Puppy build (minus the CD drive) for May:

Carbide Series 200R
    EVGA 600B
    Intel i3-7100
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    ASUS Z270-K
    8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
    ASUS RX 460
    Western Digital Blue 1TB

After making sure all the parts are being detected and all the components appear to be working, I installed Windows 10 Home.

I copied the contents of the given drivers disc that came to a USB, then used that USB to try and install said motherboard drivers.

All the drivers installed and updated without problem EXCEPT for the "Intel LAN Drivers" (version 21.1.30.0).

Pressing install for that driver shows an installation and prompts a computer restart, but after restarting the computer doesn't recognize or register that the drivers have (or have not) been installed already).

I downloaded "Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V" from the Intel website and tried to install it as well, but it did not work.

Basically it's not installing the LAN drivers and I can't get the computer to connect to the internet.

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you!

1)Try to download from the ASUS site, and reinstall the driver.

2)Use the "Device Manager" to guide your Ethernet to detect the drivers in the setup folders also, good old way.

First off, I'd like to apologize for the horrible advice you got following the build of the month. I hate that thing. You got an i3-7100. For literally half the price you could have gotten a G4560 and it would perform almost exactly the same. Anyone suggesting any i3 right now is giving terrible advice. I would suggest returning it if you can.

However, if you are going to stick with what you have purchased, I would go check and see that the on-board LAN is not disabled in BIOS. I have had this exact issue before and that was my problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nulllify View Post
    Hello,

I've purchased and assembled the pieces to the Puppy build (minus the CD drive) for May:

Carbide Series 200R
    EVGA 600B
    Intel i3-7100
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    ASUS Z270-K
    8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
    ASUS RX 460
    Western Digital Blue 1TB

After making sure all the parts are being detected and all the components appear to be working, I installed Windows 10 Home.

I copied the contents of the given drivers disc that came to a USB, then used that USB to try and install said motherboard drivers.

All the drivers installed and updated without problem EXCEPT for the "Intel LAN Drivers" (version 21.1.30.0).

Pressing install for that driver shows an installation and prompts a computer restart, but after restarting the computer doesn't recognize or register that the drivers have (or have not) been installed already).

I downloaded "Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V" from the Intel website and tried to install it as well, but it did not work.

Basically it's not installing the LAN drivers and I can't get the computer to connect to the internet.

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you!
    Had the same exact problem with my MSI h110 mobo, took me a whole goddamn day to find out what caused it, turns out the on-board lan or ethernet is disabled by default on the bios. I have no idea why the fuck some mobos leave it off by default.

Btw you should return that i3 and rx 460 and get a g4560 and rx 570 for roughly the same price but a huge boost in games.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-06-20 at 03:36 PM.

This build is pretty bad, I feel sorry for you OP. i3-7100 on a Z270 board with RX 460 (not even RX 560!) with a 600W PSU. Also a completely unnecessary 212 EVO on top.

On your problem: either you dont have onboard LAN enabled in BIOS, or your LAN chip is dead. Damaging tracks that connect to the LAN chip (same with audio chip) during the installation is pretty common, unfortunately. Those run very close to the board edge.

EDIT: if the issues ends up being the board itself make sure to check if you can get money in return. Get a B250 board instead.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Aah, all the comments here are quite discouraging. I'm hoping I can solve the issue by manually activating LAN connectivity, like many of you are saying.

Does anyone have a guide or walk through on how to do that? It'd be quite difficult for me to return or exchange any of the parts, so I will be sticking with this build for now.

EDIT: I found it in my BIOS, it says it was enabled this whole time. I'm really hoping it wasn't damaged :/ Does anyone know which driver I'd need exactly? The one's I've tried don't work

- - - Updated - - -

If the LAN is enabled in the BIOS, but my device manager shows no internet adapter/internet devices, what does that mean?

- - - Updated - - -

oh my god I did it, I haven't been this proud of myself since firelands
    Last edited by Nulllify; 2017-06-20 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nulllify View Post

oh my god I did it, I haven't been this proud of myself since firelands
    What did you do?