Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The Brutality of World War 2

I've long known that WW2 was the bloodiest conflict in all of history, but I've never really seen a good comparison. Until today.

Warning, this video is a little soul crushing.
    http://www.fallen.io/ww2/

I find it interesting that even with all the atrocities commited since the war the general death tolls since then have been drastically less. I don't know if this trend will continue, or like with WW1, which was the first major war since Napoleon, will just be a new powderkeg that is going to explode into another massive war.

It's a sobering video. 63 million people died during WWII and 1/3rd of them were Soviet Union people.

You'd think the circumstances that led to such a big war are gone but with the recent Brexit and Trump's talk about NATO you see ghosts of WWII come back, even if just a little.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    It's why issues involving a post WWII Russia are taken as seriously as they are these days. Even if they were allies during the conflict, the brutality of the Soviet military against Germany and the rest of Europe is nothing to downplay.

There is little stopping Putin from becoming as infamous as Stalin if the rest of the world were to turn a blind eye. Fortunately or unfortunately, there are people willing to die in order to reveal the truth. It's also why fascist zealots get little respect from me.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's the old video that completely forgot that Finland took part in WW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Nice one. It's worth watching.

Great visualisation.

I think it's really hard to comprehend these numbers but it still serves as a reminder that even an unjust peace is better than a just war.

Japan butchered alot of asian civilians owning china and other countrys there, comparable to the nazi regime indeed.

Japan really did change lol, look at japan now and then.

This also shows how little civilians are killed in todays wars where world population have trippled since.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-06-04 at 11:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From that video, how come we are not saying that the Poles were being exterminated in WW2? It claims over 16% of total population was exterminated, yet be are led to believe that jews are real victims?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    From that video, how come we are not saying that the Poles were being exterminated in WW2? It claims over 16% of total population was exterminated, yet be are led to believe that jews are real victims?
    Because the poles where jews?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Because the poles where jews?
    What the fuck are you talking about? Did you even watched the video?

While a lot of polish victims WERE jewish, they had to suffer from being conquered two times, once by the Nazis and once by the Soviet Union. There are not few people claiming that the latter was way worse (Massacre of Katyn et. al). The polish people, without doubt, had to endure a lot worse things than most other countries, not only by being the first surprise victim of the german Expansion and the Hitler/Stalin pact.

There is for example a great documentation about Roman Polanski and his parents, which gives a good impression of life in the Warszaw Ghetto (or the movie "The Pianist for that matter).
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-06-04 at 11:31 AM.

WW2 was a war of genocide and annihilation. Any kind of chivalry and respect for civilians went right out of the window!

Ironically the Western allies suffered more casualties in WW1 than they did in WW2 but in WW2 the atrocities committed to the civilian population made it the most bloodiest conflict in human history!

Three million Polish Jews were victims of the Holocaust, perhaps that's why? they even say that in the video that poles got killed alot so what more do you want here? everyone knows they lost about 6 million people half of that in gaschambers with all the other jews and the other half from different warcrimes. I mean have you not read history or what, where is the poles not mentioned as one of the biggest victims among the jews.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-06-04 at 11:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I always thought that World War I was the more brutal one when it came to what the soldiers suffered. We'd grown more efficient in killing by WW2 so people died . . . faster
    WWI was senseless and ghastly, but WWII was vicious, the war on the eastern front was a war of extermination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    While a lot of polish victims WERE jewish, they had to suffer from being conquered two times, once by the Nazis and once by the Soviet Union. There are not few people claiming that the latter was way worse (Massacre of Katyn et. al). The polish people, without doubt, had to endure a lot worse things than most other countries, not only by being the first surprise victim of the german Expansion and the Hitler/Stalin pact.
    Yah sure a lot of victims were jews little over 1 mil and more than 2 mil non jewish poles killed (civilian) So?

- - - Updated - - -

Three million Polish Jews were victims of the Holocaust, perhaps that's why? they even say that in the video that poles got killed alot so what more do you want here? everyone knows they lost about 6 million people half of that in gaschambers with all the other jews and the other half from different warcrimes. I mean have you not read history or what, where is the poles not mentioned as one of the biggest victims among the jews.
    Where did you pulled 3 million? out of your arse?

Yah sure a lot of victims were jews little over 1 mil and more than 2 mil non jewish poles killed (civilian) So?

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you pulled 3 million? out of your arse?
    Approximately three million Polish Jews were victims of the Holocaust. The Polish Institute of National Remembrance (IPN) puts total Jewish dead at 2.7 to 2.9 million [11] Polish researchers estimate 1,860,000 Polish Jews were murdered in the Nazi death camps, others perished in the Jewish ghettos in German-occupied Poland and in pacification campaigns.[12] Polish research estimated the Nazi death camp toll at 2,830,000; including 1,860,000 Polish Jews- 490,000 Belzec; 60,000 Sobibor; 800,000 Treblinka; 150,000 Chełmno; 300,000 Auschwitz; 60,000 Majdanek; an additional 970,000 Jews from other countries were transported to these camps and murdered.[11] The Nazi death camps located in Poland are sometimes incorrectly described as Polish death camps.

Where is your sources then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Approximately three million Polish Jews were victims of the Holocaust. The Polish Institute of National Remembrance (IPN) puts total Jewish dead at 2.7 to 2.9 million [11] Polish researchers estimate 1,860,000 Polish Jews were murdered in the Nazi death camps, others perished in the Jewish ghettos in German-occupied Poland and in pacification campaigns.[12] Polish research estimated the Nazi death camp toll at 2,830,000; including 1,860,000 Polish Jews- 490,000 Belzec; 60,000 Sobibor; 800,000 Treblinka; 150,000 Chełmno; 300,000 Auschwitz; 60,000 Majdanek; an additional 970,000 Jews from other countries were transported to these camps and murdered.[11] The Nazi death camps located in Poland are sometimes incorrectly described as Polish death camps.

Where is your sources then?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...ties_of_Poland

Oh look at that we used the same source good old wiki so why the fuck are you bitching about it, where does it say the polish jews where not a victim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look at that we used the same source so why the fuck are you bitching about it, where does it say the polish jews where not a victim?
    Nobody said pole were not victims, the problem is with emphasis on jews. It's always about holocaust, naturally jews are only victims.