Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    how is hiring a modder to make mods any different then hiring the same person to make dlc? if they make a mod as big as dawnguard is that some how worse then just being fired to work on dawnguard?

- - - Updated - - -

so people who work on unofficial patchs shouldn't get paid? you just deserve there work for free because reasons?
    Look, i know you are stupid, but try to think for a moment what i just posted, read it again, think again, re-read it, and then reply back

Bethesda ALWAYS release fucking games with a multitude of bugs and they expect the comunity to fix them when its THEIR FUCKING JOB to make sure their product work flawlessly

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It splits the modding community in half. Most consumers and modders themselves are opposed to the idea. Mod teams have already expressed disgust towards those who aim monetise their mods.
    Group projects could splinter over arguments about whether they should go paid or free.

Then there are issues with compatibility. If a mod, say a house mod occupies the same space as a paid house mod then the paid mod is rendered worthless. The same issue also applies to code based mods, a Skyrim paid survival mod clashes with a free version. The free version's author would need to buy the paid mod in order to figure out how to make them compatible.

But Bethe$da doesn't care that this will be a train wreck so long as they line their pockets. The best we as a community can do is boycot paid mods or find a way to pirate them so that they're available to all for free.
    i don't really see how it splits the community any more then modders in the past getting hired by company's who saw there mods as a portfolio more or less.

if mods aren't compatibly with dlc its on the modder to fix it this is no different. same for buying the mods for coding.

i see no difference between this and dlc if you want to boycot it or pirate it i don't see a problem just as i don't buy dlc i download it from my friends steam as i don't tend to complete most of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Look, i know you are stupid, but try to think for a moment what i just posted, read it again, think again, re-read it, and then reply back

Bethesda ALWAYS release fucking games with a multitude of bugs and they expect the comunity to fix them when its THEIR FUCKING JOB to make sure their product work flawlessly
    no product works flawlessly and no i don't think the'll never patch stuff and sell mods instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    i don't really see how it splits the community any more then modders in the past getting hired by company's who saw there mods as a portfolio more or less.

if mods aren't compatibly with dlc its on the modder to fix it this is no different. same for buying the mods for coding.

i see no difference between this and dlc if you want to boycot it or pirate it i don't see a problem just as i don't buy dlc i download it from my friends steam as i don't tend to complete most of them.

- - - Updated - - -

no product works flawlessly and no i don't think the'll never patch stuff and sell mods instead.
    You clearly have no clue how modding or the modding community works. I recommend doing some research into how modding teams operate and how the community itself works before making such ridiculous comments.

piethepiegod keep commenting please, you and Selastan brings another perspective to the case
    An'u belore delen'na

how is hiring a modder to make mods any different then hiring the same person to make dlc? if they make a mod as big as dawnguard is that some how worse then just being fired to work on dawnguard??
    They said the system is open to submissions from external sources in the FAQ.

Also;

"What types of content will be included in Creation Club?

Creation Club will feature a wide variety of content including but not limited to:

WEAPONS: New weapons, material skins, parts, etc.
    APPAREL: New outfits, armor, and items for your character.
    WORLD: New locations, decorations, foliage, etc.
    CHARACTERS: New abilities, characters, companions, etc.
    CREATURES: New enemies, mounts, pets, etc.
    GAMEPLAY: New types of gameplay like survival mode, etc."

It will be filled with shit.

Also what stops Bethesda putting DRM in their games and allowing paid-mods only, or requiring some sort of bethesda subscription to allow non-paid mods. Or forcing you through a client to play their games they make to force non-paid mods? Nothing stops them, it's wide open to abuse. Hell they could even stop releasing the creation kit.

Also if you read the FAQ they say they will personally curate all submissions yadda yadda yadda. Do you realise how many Mod Makers and Mods are out there? You really think they are going to personally quality check and curate all of the submissions? That's cute af if you think so.

Also, why would you make your mod free when you can sell it? "Free mods will still be a thing" is a lame excuse. Last time this happened loads of modders put obstructive ads in the free version of their mods, if they didn't outright take the free version out of the nexus.

Some Mods are great and some deserve to get paid but last time this happened the modders got 10% of the cut, when they did literally all the work. With Bethesda being the clear greedy fucks they showed themselves to be last time I don't expect Modders to get fucked in the ass by Bethesda being greedy.

Bethesda games are simply shit without mods, they're unfleshed out, buggy mod templates. The games are even getting worse with FO4 IMO being complete shit. They don't deserve a dollar from the mods. Also the fact they're trying to milk FO4 and Skyrim still is pretty pathetic but well since they can hardly make a functioning game I can see why the greedy cucks are doing it.

So following on from that I probably won't give them any of my money ever again, if this is as shit as I fully expect it to be and after witnessing wtf they tried last time...well I'll need some serious convincing.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-06-12 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post

Also;

Creation Club will feature a wide variety of content including but not limited to:

Also what stops Bethesda putting DRM in their games and allowing paid-mods only, or requiring some sort of bethesda subscription to allow non-paid mods. Or forcing you through a client they make to force non-paid mods? Nothing stops them, it's wide open to abuse.

Also if you read the FAQ they say they will personally curate all submissions yadda yadda yadda. Do you realise how many Mod Makers and Mods are out there? You really think they are going to quality check and curate all of them? That's cute af if you think so.

Also, why would you make your mod free when you can sell it? "Free mods will still be a thing" is a lame excuse. Last time this happened loads of modders put obstructive ads in the free version of their mods, if they didn't outright take the free version out of the nexus.

Some Mods are great and some deserve to get paid but last time this happened the modders got 10% of the cut, when they did literally all the work. With Bethesda being the clear greedy fucks they showed themselves to be last time I don't expect Modders to get fucked in the ass by Bethesda being greedy.

Bethesda games are simply shit without mods, they're not fleshed out mod templates. They don't deserve a dollar from the mods.
    Mods are a privelege not a right.
    An'u belore delen'na

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You clearly have no clue how modding or the modding community works. I recommend doing some research into how modding teams operate and how the community itself works before making such ridiculous comments.
    http://vr-zone.com/articles/bungie-b...der/65450.html
    how is this any different? some modders get hired by company's some don't if you have a compability problem now bethesda doesn't roll over backwords to fix it on there end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Micro-transcations for singleplayer games.

Brought to you by the creator of Horse Armour.

I like how they're trying to monetize off people wanting to fix their shitty games.

Apparently they didn't learn from the last time they tried it.

Also fuck Bethesda, sets a horrific precendent.

I won't be partaking in any of their games.

This is paid mods...

Did you even watch the presentation.

Have you even looked at the FAQ?

https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

I think you're the moron, enjoy getting fucked in the ass by Bethesda though.

We already saw what Bethesda intends to do with this system the previous time they tried it.

Some people sure do like getting fucked in the ass by companies for some god forsaken reason.
    From the website YOU linked me:

No. Mods will remain a free and open system where anyone can create and share what they’d like. Also, we won’t allow any existing mods to be retrofitted into Creation Club, it must all be original content. Most of the Creation Club content is created internally, some with external partners who have worked on our games, and some by external Creators. All the content is approved, curated, and taken through the full internal dev cycle; including localization, polishing, and testing. This also guarantees that all content works together. We’ve looked at many ways to do “paid mods”, and the problems outweigh the benefits. We’ve encountered many of those issues before. But, there’s a constant demand from our fans to add more official high quality content to our games, and while we are able to create a lot of it, we think many in our community have the talent to work directly with us and create some amazing new things.
    And that wasn't Bethesda that tried paid mods, it was partly on Valve.

7+ Year Old Account

Also;

Also what stops Bethesda putting DRM in their games and allowing paid-mods only, or requiring some sort of bethesda subscription to allow non-paid mods. Or forcing you through a client to play their games they make to force non-paid mods? Nothing stops them, it's wide open to abuse.

Also if you read the FAQ they say they will personally curate all submissions yadda yadda yadda. Do you realise how many Mod Makers and Mods are out there? You really think they are going to quality check and curate all of the submissions? That's cute af if you think so.

Bethesda games are simply shit without mods, they're unfleshed out, buggy mod templates. The games are even getting worse with FO4 IMO being complete shit. They don't deserve a dollar from the mods.
    "Whether you are a professional developer, artist, or modder; you can apply to be a Creator here. Be ready to share work you’ve already done as part of your application."

"Creators are required to submit documentation pitches which go through an approval process. All content must be new and original. Once a concept is approved, a development schedule with Alpha, Beta and Release milestones is created. Creations go through our full development pipeline, which Creators participate in. Bethesda Game Studios developers work with Creators to iterate and polish their work along with full QA cycles. The content is fully localized, as well. This ensures compatibility with the original game, official add-ons and achievements."

so you read the FAQ but you didn't read the part where modders have to apply? from what it seems you don't summit mods you show what you have worked on and they hire you no different from hiring people to make dlc and it clearly says they have to pitch there mods as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Mods are a privelege not a right.
    But Bethesda knows if they take that away no one will buy their complete shit unfleshed out buggy templates.

So naturally they just monetized it, lols.

"Whether you are a professional developer, artist, or modder; you can apply to be a Creator here. Be ready to share work you’ve already done as part of your application."

"Creators are required to submit documentation pitches which go through an approval process. All content must be new and original. Once a concept is approved, a development schedule with Alpha, Beta and Release milestones is created. Creations go through our full development pipeline, which Creators participate in. Bethesda Game Studios developers work with Creators to iterate and polish their work along with full QA cycles. The content is fully localized, as well. This ensures compatibility with the original game, official add-ons and achievements."

so you read the FAQ but you didn't read the part where modders have to apply? from what it seems you don't summit mods you show what you have worked on and they hire you no different from hiring people to make dlc and it clearly says they have to pitch there mods as well.
    I don't believe they will have the resources to approve all the submissions.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-06-12 at 11:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    But Bethesda knows if they take that away no one will buy their complete shit unfleshed out buggy templates.

So naturally they just monetized it, lols.
    playing the what if game is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any bad that can come from this. This is an indefinite...INDEFINITE source of canonical and well curated content, as well as a way for dedicated creators to make money from their hard work, and more importantly get exposure and recognition. Bethesda is essentially changing the way the modding scene works entirely. Before, teams had to work nightmarishly hard and long for free. Now, they have a chance that their talent will be recognized, and their works become an official part of the game they love. We rarely see high-quality mods, thanks to the very low rewards compared to the high cost, but now we will see content like Skyblivion, Falskaar, and Frostfall rolling off the line like clockwork. Maybe even DECADES into the future, when Bethesda is working on Elder Scrolls X, Creation Club will still be expanding our beloved games. Imagine your favorite Elder Scrolls game is Morrowind. A classic, you played the newer ones, but Morrowind always held a special place in your heart. Now imagine that game was still getting great content, officially curated and easily downloadable and accessible, and imagine that the creators get paid, just like the original developers. There could be a team DEDICATED to making Morrowind content full time, indefinitely, so long as their content remained popular and profitable. THIS is the possibilities that Creation Club provides, and I think it is FAN FUCKING TASTIC.

There best part of the FAQ is;

"Are Creators Paid For Their Work?
    Yes. Just like our own game developers, Creators are paid for their work and start receiving payment as soon as their proposal is accepted and through development milestones."

This means that as soon as the Modder is accepted they will be getting paid by Bethesda, even before they finish a product. Which means Bethesda will be taking financial risk to ensure the overall quality on this system will be high.

Then again Bethesda have that incentive with their own games and naturally they are always shit on release. So now I've thought about it I'm not 100% on Bethesda quality checking the Mods.

7+ Year Old Account

Yes. Just like our own game developers, Creators are paid for their work and start receiving payment as soon as their proposal is accepted and through development milestones."

This means that as soon as the Modder is accepted they will be getting paid by Bethesda, even before they finish a product. Which means Bethesda will be taking financial risk to ensure the overall quality on this system will be high.
    wait are you pro this now? if so that was fast.

These "micro transactions" are not going anywhere.

In fact, many companies consider "micro transactions" to be the future. I would expect to see a lot more of this, even outside of the game industry.

If people will pay for it- then someone will make and sell it, it's that simple.

I am for it, if:

The person the actually made the mod is receiving the lion's share of the cash.

There is quality control on the mods so you don't buy junk.

7+ Year Old Account

Then again Bethesda have that incentive with their own games and naturally they are always shit on release. So now I've thought about it I'm not 100% on Bethesda quality checking the Mods.
    progress atlest being skeptical is fine untill we see results is fine.

wait are you pro this now? if so that was fast.
    I point out the goods, I point out the bads.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    These "micro transactions" are not going anywhere.

In fact, many companies consider "micro transactions" to be the future. I would expect to see a lot more of this, even outside of the game industry.

If people will pay for it- then someone will make and sell it, it's that simple.

I am for it, if:

The person the actually made the mod is receiving the lion's share of the cash.

There is quality control on the mods so you don't buy junk.

the FAQ looks like they are doing both of those.

the FAQ looks like they are doing both of those.
    Bethesda doesn't even quality control their main Elder Scrolls titles and somehow you expect them to enforce it in their paid mods?

Wrong, that means that you'll have a set ammount of time to develop your mod, fail, and they'll put the blame on you and then proceed to sue you