View Poll Results: Do you like priest Class Mount?

Voters
161. This poll is closed
  • Yes

88 54.66%
  • No

73 45.34%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it looks like a gryphon which has hit a wall.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

I don't see what owls have to do with priests. The whole quest chain was quite unpriestly, going on an adventure with Brann on some submarine to find and rescue owls? All other classes quests seemed to fit quite well with their class theme, this one was really outstandingly non fitting.

Other than that, especially with all the inflight effects the mount looks fine. For sure not one of my favourite mounts, but I don't consider it ugly, just non fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel
    You want the owl to have more eyes and tentacles on top? Jesus Christ almighty dear lord I won't ever understand the people who think old god manifestations are actually something you'd want to look at. Eye balls and squid arms are disgusting and doesn't fit the original shadow priest at all. I'm SO HAPPY they didn't implement more of that shit, I'd literally cry everytime I'd be playing my priest.
    I don't want it to be some sort of old godly blob mess, it's just that since they have decided that 'Old Gods and Void' is our 'fantasy', I think they should push it. For example, the mount could have subtle void energy tendrils behind the seat instead of purple wings, or something similar. Making shadow priest connected to the Old Gods and then limiting its aestethics to 'Holy stuff and angelic wings, but purple' doesn't work IMO, and it's a step back to the 'undefined' status that shadow priest have had for years.

I don't like the giraffe neck, but the rest of it is nice.

It looks like someone smashed it's poor face in. That, or it has some sort of chromosomal anomaly. Either way, I think it's ugly. I'm only getting it on my priest alt because I've heard the lore is good. I've not been a big fan with any of the priest lore this expansion, so I'm not expecting anything great.

Deleted
    why i don't like it - full owl mount would be great, full tiger (or panther? whatever it's other half of body is) would be great.
    it just doesn't "deliver", it looks like fake awesomeness, chicken mount with rabbit head would be 1000x better, if you go for silly side.
    + it sounds too loud not owl-like or tiger-like, shouldn't both creatures move silently?

I like the mount, especially the holy version, however the thing I don't like is how overbearing the particle effect is when flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    I personally love the mount, the animation is great, plus I like owls... And the lore is pretty sweet too. But every time I talk to someone about it, pll say it's like the worst of all. So why? I wanna hear more opinions!!!
    because they havent seen the paladin mount

Funnily enough,every priest I asked hates it,every non-priest I asked loves it

I thought it was a general consensus that ours is one of the best???????????????? I love all 3 colors of it <3

I've heard Ravens mentioned a few times when it comes to the priest (like the scarlet raven priests). It might have made more sense for that, or something like just giving them angelic wings like Tyrael or Malthael based on your spec.

A lot of people hate on the mage mount too, but I like it...

A lot of people praise the shaman mount, but I don't like it...

Opinions are different.

Use it if you like and don't care for the "haters" (or just people who don't use it).

15+ Year Old Account
    In time I'll get to love my autistic owl... in time.. be strong... for mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    I've heard Ravens mentioned a few times when it comes to the priest (like the scarlet raven priests). It might have made more sense for that, or something like just giving them angelic wings like Tyrael or Malthael based on your spec.
    Ravens got nothing to do with priests. Why can't ppl ever get over some random npc from 4 expansions ago?

It is like expansions, or every patch that just has to be called the "worst ever", just like the next one will be.
    Some people just enjoy complaining in a dramatic fashion.
    Because it seems sensible arguments sadly don't get a good audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I like the mount well enough. And the quest and lore for it are cool as hell.

But, as there's only 3 in existence, it feels a little unimmersive to see everyone flying around in it. It's quite useless from a roleplayer's perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I like the mount, i just don't like it as a priest mount. It's an owl. What does an owl have to do with a priest? Very unfitting.
    ORLY? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
    Ravens got nothing to do with priests. Why can't ppl ever get over some random npc from 4 expansions ago?
    Owls got nothing to do with priests. Why can't people ever get over some random mount from this expansion?

Haha i have the opposite question... why do people like this retarded owl so much? The head and body are not a good combination. The "paws" are way to big. The head is flat and way to small compared with the body. Looking at it from the front I think it's okay, but looking at it from the side and it look so bad. The posture of the mount is so wierd. But I really like the idea of an Owl mount. It fits the Priest class well. But this specific model is IN MY OPINION awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    In time I'll get to love my autistic owl... in time.. be strong... for mother.
    Love the comment

It is the best of all the class mounts.
    I would have prefered wings and the ability to choose which of the three to use at any one time, but I'm satisfied with what we got.