Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The scenario of Earth becoming Venus would require extreme amounts of stupidity but it is a good example of a run away green house effect.
    The point is that even with extreme stupidity we will be nowhere near Venus.

Trump pulled out of the Paris Accord for the specific interest of American corporations. Not for the American people, just the industries.
    Some dying industries that are losing influence - I don't see that it will be the case for long.

China's smog problem is proof that humans have no limits when it comes to greed and stupidity.
    China is finally working on that problem. Last year was the third year in a row where the CO2 emissions on earth were stable and not increasing - despite a growing global economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    China is finally working on that problem. Last year was the third year in a row where the CO2 emissions on earth were stable and not increasing - despite a growing global economy.
    Maybe. China lies a lot:
    We show that the preliminary 2.9% reduction in coal consumption is inappropriate for estimating CO2 emissions, that coal-derived energy consumption stayed flat but is likely to have decreased in 2015, and that Chinese fossil CO2 emissions probably increased ~0.8% in 2014. We also analyse recent revisions of official energy statistics, and find that they imply 925 MtCO2 (11.2%) higher emissions for 2013, and 7.6 GtCO2 (9.2%) higher total emissions for 2000–2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yes, but their data was doubted before as well - but at least it shows that they want to go a different direction now.

Deleted
    Worst case? Dinosaurs take revenge and put mammals into their own museums.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A interesting bit of info I found about global temps, the highest temperature ever recorded on Earth was in Death Valley, Cal. at 134 degrees. In 1913. Apparently recent global warming has not reached there yet. hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Incorrect there is no solid evidence to suggest that either, on the contrary, the climate has already effected weather systems all over the world, unseasonably hot summers, shorter winters, low snow packs, depleted fresh water sources, or haven't you noticed we are drinking bottled water now more as a need than something trendy like 20 years ago.

The truth is we don't KNOW a lot, but what we do know is that it is for sure going to kill people, and cause massive damage well before, some of the more doomsday scenarios people require before they want to act when it would be too late if it isn't already.
    Mean while the Eastern Sierras in California have the largest snow pack since they have been measuring snow pack.
    California could not even get an accurate measurement because they did not have a measuring stick long enough.

@mariovsgoku you beat me to it
    Last edited by Molis; 2017-06-17 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    I imagine waterworld.. I already started putting dirt in jars.. I be the fucking riches man on a raft..

PFFttttt

People who complain about climate change are just scared of a little change.

We're in a minutia moment of time, you can't expect it to stay this way forever. YES species are dying. That's because the environments changing and they're not adapted to it. Shit happens. They were all going to die sooner or later anyway. We're not the first species to have had an effect on its environment. We're in an interglacial phase of an ice-age anyway, so even if we don't heat the place up a bit it's just going to freeze over and everything will change again.

Just think of all the new cool creatures that will evolve! There's already some species that have adapted to the changed world. There was even news the other week of a bacteria that's evolved to be able to eat plastic. How cool is that?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The worst case scenario for the climate changing is that the climate doesn't change and all the alarmists don't get to see the ending of the world. Then they would have to 're-calibrate' the computer modelling so they can scare the next generation.

Gotta factor in the nuclear winter that would occur once food and water become desperate issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    The worst case scenario for the climate changing is that the climate doesn't change and all the alarmists don't get to see the ending of the world. Then they would have to 're-calibrate' the computer modelling so they can scare the next generation.
    Your new avatar is pretty damn ironic, given how you're blatantly ignoring well-known facts to make a ludicrous conspiracy claim, here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I imagine waterworld.. I already started putting dirt in jars.. I be the fucking riches man on a raft..
    Not possible. The upper limit is around 65m elevation. The vast majority of land is above that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Not possible. The upper limit is around 65m elevation. The vast majority of land is above that.
    DONT take my waterworld dream away! what am i supose to do with the 51 Jars of dirt!

Quote Originally Posted by EliWallach View Post
    Gotta factor in the nuclear winter that would occur once food and water become desperate issues.
    Except it seems unclear if the nuclear winter scenario will actually happen, or it was primarily fear-mongering.

And even in worst-case scenario it seems that we will just have a few cold years (or just one winter), and after that the survivors will have the normal weather - not triggering a new glacial period.

- - - Updated - - -

DONT take my waterworld dream away! what am i supose to do with the 51 Jars of dirt!
    You could empty them and watch 'The Aviator' :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A interesting bit of info I found about global temps, the highest temperature ever recorded on Earth was in Death Valley, Cal. at 134 degrees. In 1913. Apparently recent global warming has not reached there yet. hehe.
    To be clear: 134 Fahrenheit (57 degrees Celsius) - but there is some doubt about that temperature measurment.
    And technically it is not highest temperature recorded, but highest temperature in the shade 1.5m up from natural causes excluding volcanoes etc - there has been temperatures of at least 201 Fahrenheit (94 degrees Celsius) at the surface in Death Valley (in 1972).

Worst case scenario... for humans? = best case scenario for Earth.

- - - Updated - - -

You know how that works right? Better have a lot of guns too.

You'll be immune to 51 krakkens?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Mars or even Venus were like earth once. But did they turn out to be what they are now naturally or was there life on them? We have Trump, so that's a big disadvantage for Earth.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Bullshit, it being a left cause is a US thing only - in the rest of the world it's not tied to left/right.
    Alright, politicians and journalists need to stop using it for fear mongering and pushing agendas.