Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW token price skyrocked because of new heirlooms!

These lazy people use real money to level fast !

Is that P2W?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Is that P2W?
    Yeah having a job is really lazy.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Well, you can already buy a level 100 character. Those last 10 levels could be done within 24 hours easily. So I don't see much of a difference.

you sure it wasnt due to the release date of destiny 2 being announced
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

7+ Year Old Account
    The skyrocket in the token price is because of the Destiny 2 preorder.
    If it was because of what you said, prices would actually go down, since there would be a bigger supply.

Failing to see the correlation between heirlooms and tokens...

Deleted
    Might be a stupid question, but what's the connection between the heirlooms and the token prices?

Deleted
    User with a history of clickbait thread titles: ☑
    Makes a claim without any evidence to back it up: ☑
    Somehow wrangles the heated P2W argument into this: ☑

Buzzfeed should hire a lot of you guys you've got it down to a tee!

or people resubbing with gold for 7.2.5?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    People selling tokens for gold actually LOWERS the price, it's people using their gold for bnet balance to pre-purchase Destiny 2 that RISES the price.

7+ Year Old Account

Not one among us has not used Heirlooms. Aren't they essentially a cheat? Also, getting a free boost when you bought the expac. Also another lazy method and a bit of a cheat. And, to conclude... there is no way to "win" at WoW unless:

- They stop making expacs
    - You have acquired everything in the game
    - Maxxed out on achieve points
    - maxxed on gold
    - and have done every possible thing in the game with every possible Race/Class combo on both factions...

Then, and only then, have you beaten the game and won something. Learn what P2W is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    People selling tokens for gold actually LOWERS the price, it's people using their gold for bnet balance to pre-purchase Destiny 2 that RISES the price.
    This

OP, take an econ 101 class or something.

Is that P2W?
    No, pay to win would be like being able to have micro transactions to get Mythic Titan Forged socketed with extra stats gear. That's just my opinion but I'm in a very small minority on MMO opinions so...

Generally speaking pay to win requires you to buy gear to win (generally) because it's cheap. That's the reputation.
    You could argue that pay to win could also be buying gear in general (e.g. imagine being able to drop $20 and be full LFR gear with tier? Would that be "pay to win"? What about normal dungeon gear? Or straight 820? Or Legion 7.0 tier gear?)

In generally I think P2W requires you to buy something someone in the game couldn't ordinarily get or (relatively) easily get. Mythic is pretty hard to get whereas normal dungeons or LFR is incredibly trivial.

I'm not even going to begin to start with "lazy" because nearly every single aspect of WoW is lazy relative to old school MMO's but is that really a bad thing? I can see arguments in each direction so it's pointless to even start the conversation on that -- it's all relative and bound to opinion.

Is that P2W?
    Actually, it should be the other way around then. 101 economics.

More people buying tokens with real money -> more tokens on the market -> price drops.

But if the token price increases, that means more people are buying tokens with gold, presumably because they want to buy something with B.Net Balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next time you want to make a thread like this just hit the "Log out" button in the top right instead.

OP knows that the price rising means more people are using GOLD to buy tokens, not real life money, right? It means that not as many people are buying tokens with money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    OP knows that the price rising means more people are using GOLD to buy tokens, not real life money, right? It means that not as many people are buying tokens with money.
    Buy the token, to get the gold, to upgrade the looms. Pretty easy trail. But, since there is no such thing as P2W, OP is just enjoying the clickbait thread.

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    Buy the token, to get the gold, to upgrade the looms. Pretty easy trail. But, since there is no such thing as P2W, OP is just enjoying the clickbait thread.
    Which as pointed out, would drop the price. It's all about Destiny 2.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but what's the connection between the heirlooms and the token prices?
    There isn't any. Some people might say that because you can buy the new upgrades after the patch, people will need more gold for it so they buy tokens like crazy, but the cost of the upgrades just aren't enough to make a positive connection between the two.

Deleted
    What the fuck am I winning? 1500 guilds (30000) people have killed Guldan Mythic, the Arena Season just ended so I can't get R1... ????