Is it too late to reroll? (not a pick my class discussion)

As title states, I'm planning on rerolling to a hunter from my mage, not asking which class to pick just wondering if I'd be better off playing mage regardless because I have 11 legendaries lol.

I'm a bit discouraged just due to having to get legendaries again, has anyone recently main swapped with this patch and okay with how fast legendarys come? It's a bit of a hump to get over that I realize I need to grind out all this stuff over again.

Just kind of looking for a second opinion?

If you plan on raiding Tomb you should stick with mage for now but play your hunter very frequently. Do Mythic plus, bring him to any alt raids you can or maybe even sub in your hunter for your mage on farm, grind out Broken Shore and emissary quests... it shouldn't be too hard to main swap but if you feel very tied to having BiS legendary items then it might be difficult for you to want to swap right now until you already have a character in the works.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    One of our raiders just came back from an overseas deployment. In two weeks he has gotten his toon from lvl 108 to i900+ geared and has concordance in the spec he is playing. So if you put the effort in you can catch up very quickly and having AK 40 already helps hugely. The whole legendary issue is vastly exaggerated. Unless you are a cutting edge player legendaries won't make or break you and you'll just have to be patient until you get the right ones. A good player will shine even without BiS legendaries. A bad player will still be bad with the BiS gear.

If you're raiding Mythic it probably is too late, but if you're just doing Normal or Heroic there's no reason not to reroll. It's easier than ever to catch up.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Legendaries are the really huge downside for getting alts. I main DK and don't really like it. So I've tried DH (1 shit and 1 decent leg), warlock (stopped after 1st shitty leg), hunter (2 shitty legs), paladin (2 shitty legs, thank god it's a healing alt so it doesn't matter that much). So if you won't get good 2 legs, you're looking at pretty long-long farm, over 2-3 months I think. Or another hunter alt, so you can roll 2 "free" legs again.

I'd suggest not going for a pure DPS class. Plenty of BLP farming methods are easier if you can be a tank or healer, and you can switch loot spec to the dps spec. Also reduces the amount of legendaries you need to farm.
    As others said though, start gearing him but stick with mage for now as a main, if time allows.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I'd suggest not going for a pure DPS class. Plenty of BLP farming methods are easier if you can be a tank or healer, and you can switch loot spec to the dps spec. Also reduces the amount of legendaries you need to farm.
    As others said though, start gearing him but stick with mage for now as a main, if time allows.
    Yeah man, I really want to pick a 1 spec dps class, but I'm just really attracted to hunter just because it was my main from vanilla - wotlk. It's like a nostalgia main I wanna go back too, I'm playing mage right now and I totally agree with the pure dps class legendary issue. That's why I'm honestly deterred, I'll probably just make it my alt until I'm able to get actual bis, or competitive performance with my mage then make the swap then I suppose.

As to the poster who talked about concordance and ilvl, that I'm not too worried about, gearing up and getting concordance now is a joke with ak40 it's just, knowing how big a difference the bis legendaries made for my mage and knowing I could possibly get cucked and get nothing but utility for a long while is just such a deterrent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekuhs View Post
    As title states, I'm planning on rerolling to a hunter from my mage, not asking which class to pick just wondering if I'd be better off playing mage regardless because I have 11 legendaries lol.

I'm a bit discouraged just due to having to get legendaries again, has anyone recently main swapped with this patch and okay with how fast legendarys come? It's a bit of a hump to get over that I realize I need to grind out all this stuff over again.

Just kind of looking for a second opinion?
    Too late for what? It's really annoying when people just throw rhetorical questions here and expect answers.
    What are you going to do? Raiding ToS competitively, in top mythic guild? Yes, it's probably too late.
    Raiding ToS casually (Normals and Heroics), no it's not too late, but don't expect to be picked in the groups on day 1. You need ilvl.
    Questing? No, it's not too late. Dungeons? No, not relly, but don't expect to do a 15+ on your first day.

What is "too late" for you? It's impossible to answer and this is just another "pick my class" thread. You need to give us something to work with.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-06-19 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Too late for what? It's really annoying when people just throw rhetorical questions here and expect answers.
    What are you going to do? Raiding ToS competitively, in top mythic guild? Yes, it's probably too late.
    Raiding ToS casually (Normals and Heroics), no it's not too late, but don't expect to be picked in the groups on day 1. You need ilvl.
    Questing? No, it's not too late. Dungeons? No, not relly, but don't expect to do a 15+ on your first day.

What is "too late" for you? It's impossible to answer and this is just another "pick my class" thread. You need to give us something to work with.
    First of all no, It's not another pick my class thread. I WANT to play hunter, I'm going to be raiding Mythic as it comes out most definitely. Sorry for not being clear enough, but if you don't want to help answer the question why don't you just leave instead?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on the topic but I was a bit busy at the moment and I worded it best I could, I want to play hunter competitively before too long, in terms of heroic / mythic ToS coming out. Obviously luck is barring this, my mage is my main currently and I want to swap it to my alt. So let me reiterate, this is NOT a pick my class thread.

Just play what you want. You are not obviously a leading reading or PvPer. Who are you trying to get the "one up" on?

I personally find Arms Warriors best in open content in dungeons, but I main a spriest in raiding. And I really hate playing a shadow spriest right not. But I play it for the guild, not open open world content.

I don't PvP that much, but my spriest held up well, but I am heroic geared.

Play what you like. The time of optimizing raids/dungeons raids is long over, unless you are going the best.
    Last edited by Antiderivative; 2017-06-19 at 05:28 AM.

Deleted
    I rerolled from a rogue to a mage due to having all bis leggos for each spec bar the subtlety boots. My mage is two weeks at 110 and is ilvl 900 with 3 leggos (Kilt,Shard,Vashj gloves). It doesn't take long to gear it will depend on how lucky you are with legendary drops, goodluck!