Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Sucked in for all the people that actually spent time farming AP between 30-40 AK. Blizz hammerfisted your time investment again.
    Anybody who went out of their way to farm AP in 7.2 was doing it wrong anyway, honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    In future expac AK (or whatever it will be named) should be region-wide buff that auto increase with every reset. It would completetly solve alts and new players problem, also no one would wait for last AK before reset to clear raids.
    Indeed. The 5 day timer was just... weird in the first place and caused a bunch of odd situations that didn't need to exist, and having AK be character specific just sucked if you wanted to play an alt or reroll.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Is this a joke? They already went too far by making rank 40 purchaseable. Does it affect me at all? No, but it is annoying to see blizzard up the stakes over and over for undermining the accomplishments of people who play the game and don't take breaks every 2 months. This completely trivialized the entire system. Why even have It? Just give everyone ak40 and skip the song and dance.
    You logged in at least every 4 days and clicked a button. Wow, what an achievement.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Sucked in for all the people that actually spent time farming AP between 30-40 AK. Blizz hammerfisted your time investment again.
    You could say the same thing for anyone that just waited until AK finished without those changes. Its no difference, really. Its not like it took much effort and grinding to get AK to max, its just a time thing, which makes this change really irrelevant for anyone that already has it. Its just speeding up catch-up that existed already anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Just extended my sub on one of my accounts just to get the AK 40 token because it was the furthest along. Now they do this?..

Wasted my money...
    All they care is $ and it seems they were successful afterall.

Good for those returning players

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Sweet, finally they're essentially getting rid of that terrible system(for now)

- - - Updated - - -

Why would people who are casual be further behind? It took like 30 min to unlock the research once 7.2 hit(so easily within 1 session of a casual player), and there's absolutely no reason to ever have 0 AK researches going.
    Order resources, time, etc. If you haven't played for a while chances are you also didn't login to keep your research going or pool order resources to do so. I have very very casual friends that aren't even at AK 25 on their main.

Returning players would be in the same boat.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    At 40 ak a new toon can easily get nearly to concordance in a day. I just did it yesterday on my shaman. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...oore/menominee
    ... 10char
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You could say the same thing for anyone that just waited until AK finished without those changes. Its no difference, really. Its not like it took much effort and grinding to get AK to max, its just a time thing, which makes this change really irrelevant for anyone that already has it. Its just speeding up catch-up that existed already anyway.
    No but all the time u spent doing WQ and other junk in this game with low AK was a waste of time prepping for ToS. Unless your doing Mythic Gul'dan or something and actually needed it (Unlikely due to insane amount of AP needed).

Majority (like 95%) would have been better of just waiting until 40 AK before even doing anything
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

does nothing for me as I can buy my way to 40 for all future 110 characters but for players who have yet to reach 40 on their main, thats a pretty decent catchup mechanic.

Thanks to this change I will be able to actually raid this month, rather than waiting 40 days for AK 27-40. Returned now for 7.2.5. Hope it goes live ASAP.

Majority (like 95%) would have been better of just waiting until 40 AK before even doing anything
    The point is:
    That is true regardless of how long it takes returning players to complete AK. The change discussed in this thread has no influence on that logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The point is:
    That is true regardless of how long it takes returning players to complete AK. The change discussed in this thread has no influence on that logic.
    I'm not talking about returning players, I'm talking about everyone else. e.g Did world quests at 33 34 35 36

Instead of just playing, just take a holiday and come back and do it all in 3 days rather then 6 weeks. NOT Possible without the change bro
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-06-13 at 11:54 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Sweet, finally they're essentially getting rid of that terrible system(for now)

- - - Updated - - -

Why would people who are casual be further behind? It took like 30 min to unlock the research once 7.2 hit(so easily within 1 session of a casual player), and there's absolutely no reason to ever have 0 AK researches going.
    Imagine you are new to WoW. Or you haven't played Legion at all up until now. It's good for new and returning players. Those would hardly be able to catch up on the AK for let's say the coming tier.

Sometimes I go days without logging on. And other times I forget about logging into my main to do my artifact research.

I'm at 37 right now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Basically it's designed to maximize revenue in the short term. Whether it makes the game fun is irrelevant to them.
    Pretty good point, although, hasn't it always been like that? Xpac after xpac it follows the same cycle: things require effort to accomplish, then it gets trivialized later. It's rather predictable really. It was rather obvious that this change would come sooner or later.

Instead of just playing, just take a holiday and come back and do it all in 3 days rather then 6 weeks. NOT Possible without the change bro
    Sure is, just need to take my phone on the holiday and start new work orders every 5 to 10 days, its hardly a lot of effort. Don't even need to log into the game for that.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Kick in the teeth for players who did it first.
    I will never understand this argument. Players who did it first also had the reward first and thus longer. What do you care if returning/new players catch up to your level.

Deleted
    This is significant, they never hinted of such dramatic mechanics change. Blizzard is effectively removing AP as character progression metric in Legion with this change combined together with the AK40 limitation (where 60-61 traits are basically softcap).

Honestly the 1/lego a week boost was in similar vein. Legion AP/Leg mechanics are being phased out.

Deleted
    What's the point of doing it that fast? 60 hours is only 2.5 days, they might as well just hand over a free AK40 token.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    Honestly the 1/lego a week boost was in similar vein.
    That one is clearly wrong, it only applies to the luckiest. Average is more like 1 for each 4 weeks.

Deleted
    Before 1 leg a week was unheard of, they surrendered on legos and increased the drop rate many-fold either way. With hard enough work the game yields 1 leg a week, and has nothing to do with luck.