Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Without knowing how much AP will be awarded on wing completion this seems to be a rather pointless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Neither is being a manchild without a shred of self control.
    Its typical mmorpg audience btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except Legion massively increased the time commitment compared to previous expansions, so complaining about that is justified.
    No it didn't. The problem is that if you add content with meaningful rewards that can be completed by casual players, the tryhards will feel like they HAVE to do it to "maximize their characters". So you have to choose between casual content with meaningful rewards and having the tryhards complain about being "forced to do it" or having casual content without meaningless rewards and having everyone complain about having nothing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Without knowing how much AP will be awarded on wing completion this seems to be a rather pointless thread.
    Well, it is a Jaylock thread, so pointlessness is standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I mean not really. The rules constantly change. And I think the rules for Legion are stupid - you're rewarded for how much you do with no regard for how difficult it is.
    This is patently untrue. I mean, come on, this is a pile of bullshit.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Who cares, LFR is on its last leg any way.
    Why, because you don't raid it anymore? Heroic and especially Mythic raiding are far less popular activities. So is Mythic raiding on it's last leg?

Also you pronounced Sargeras wrong in your Blood DK video, Hard G, not Soft.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2017-06-13 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    No it didn't. The problem is that if you add content with meaningful rewards that can be completed by casual players, the tryhards will feel like they HAVE to do it to "maximize their characters". So you have to choose between casual content with meaningful rewards and having the tryhards complain about being "forced to do it" or having casual content without meaningless rewards and having everyone complain about having nothing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it is a Jaylock thread, so pointlessness is standard.

- - - Updated - - -

There's ways of making it so raiders aren't strongly incentivized to do content that they've outgrown ages ago, but Blizzard doesn't want that.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

So then what the fuck is your point? If someone came to you and said "hey I know you hate cleaning the kitchen, so now you can't anymore! Your kitchen will just be dirty forever!" How would the be a relief to you? Terrible analogy.
    The point is, you have nothing to complain about. Because your issue doesn't exist.

And about the analogy, world isn't black and white, try to use your head a bit, it would be closer to "Hey you don't need to clean the kitchen anymore, it will be clean forever"

Because I can do what I enjoy, without having to do the shit part of it, because I don't need to do that anymore, to do what I enjoy (cook in a clean kitchen)

Understand now? Or too stupid?

Please, tell me how little it makes sense, and confirm that you aren't too bright

The rules definitely keep changing all the time, and Legion has definitely eroded the reward structure/character progression path of the game.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The rules definitely keep changing all the time, and Legion has definitely eroded the reward structure/character progression path of the game.
    So LFR or normal players could easily get 910 gear at NH release, right?
    Beta Club Brosquad

There's ways of making it so raiders aren't strongly incentivized to do content that they've outgrown ages ago, but Blizzard doesn't want that.
    How? Reduce the rewards for non-Mythic raiders? Make it so mythic raiders get a significantly (it would have to be pretty significant, because they already get more ap) larger non-gear reward than they do now?

That's severely catering to the minority, and stuffs up non-raiders.

Someone pushes high keys/pvp? Doesn't matter, you aren't a mythic raider, so your rewards are significantly lower, so mythic raiders don't feel like they have to dungeon/pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You can mythic raid, and clear 10/10 without needing to do much outside of raids at all, it's a matter of wanting to mythic raid at a high level.

If you want to compete with other mythic guilds, rather than just complete 10/10, you have to expect that you would need to get every little bit out of content that you can. Come on man >.>
    A little bit? Yeah, thats how it used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    These threads derail so quickly..

Lets be honest.. Concordance matters.. but even with AK40, it's not like you're BLAZING through concordance 10+ anytime soon unless you're diehard etc, and also: It barely matters between 1 to concordance 10 anyway

Stop complaining that Blizzard isn't catering to LFR. LFR is toxic anyway (I'm not saying delete it), but I'm saying: it's something I avoid like the plague

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    How? Reduce the rewards for non-Mythic raiders? Make it so mythic raiders get a significantly (it would have to be pretty significant, because they already get more ap) larger non-gear reward than they do now?

That's severely catering to the minority, and stuffs up non-raiders.

Someone pushes high keys/pvp? Doesn't matter, you aren't a mythic raider, so your rewards are significantly lower, so mythic raiders don't feel like they have to dungeon/pvp?
    High keys/high rated PvP should also be rewarded very well, although the way they're currently set up they can't because they have no lockouts.

And there's plenty of ways of making it not worth the time to to "world tours" as a mythic raider, for example making all difficulties share loot lockouts(or something along those lines). The main reason for running content you've outgrown currently is legendaries/legendary BLP, though, which could very easily be solved by only allowing each boss to add BLP once per week, regardless of difficulty(and add the same amount on any difficulty, meaning this would actually help more casual players), similar to how legendary quest items in MoP/WoD worked.
    This would also help the very minor issue of people who sit out on mythic raid bosses missing out on the BLP from that kill, because they'd be able to get that BLP on another difficulty if they "want", instead of missing out on it entirely.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-06-13 at 10:52 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Can some mod change the clickbait title? @MoanaLisa @Splenda

Also, how the fuck does it change anything if u get the AP at the end rather than at boss kill, nobody in the right mind would farm LFR for the AP itself
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

As someone raiding HC and Mythic, I haven't done a single LFR with my main for AP.

So I'm not bothered by it in any shape or form since it doesn't apply to me. I guess it applies to people projecting themselves onto players in the world first race though. All that shit they're apparently "forced into doing in order to stay relevant".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    World of Diablocraft isnt healthy either.
    ... Healthy? To whom?

Wanna be healthy? Exercise and cut sugar, bad fats and loads of time sitting still from your life. This is an MMORPG, it involves long-term investment and goals to strive towards. If some individual is feeling like he/she is playing the game in a way which is "unhealthy", then that person needs to be the one needing to act like an adult and restrict his/her gameplay.

Legion's focus on long-term commitment and ways to always have something relevant to login for is MORE than healthy for the game. And in the end, the game is and should be aimed at those of us that can control ourselves and simply logoff and walk away if we feel that it's "too much". It ain't Blizzard's job to hold the hand of adults and restricting them from reasons to login and play. We got a taste of that sort of gameplay in WoD and it was a disaster for everyone but the raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Neither is being a manchild without a shred of self control.
    It's especially funny when considering the fact that hardly a single one of them actually plays at levels where min-maxing and no-lifing is required. They watch top raiders play and want to feel as "pro" so whenever said top players have complaints, these people adopt those complaints for themselves as well.

Less incentive to do it I guess.. That said I only do LFR on my alts since I already got concordance for all specs on my main and frankly I don't care much about getting any more traits in concordance beyond the initial one, at the end of the day this change is really not affecting me as the bulk of my AP is from order hall missions and World quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. It merely provided a reward structure of some significance for non organized raiders. The people.who.happened to be the majority paying/playing this game.

I suspect they made this change to encourage people.to complete runs. The finak.boss wjll still reward the same amount of ap as if yoi did 3 or 4. If they actually did decide to gut lfr well then theyre fucking stupid and apparently forgot WoD.

Also not to be that guy but where was this change listed?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-06-13 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You mean as someone who gets carried through heroic raids, right? Because your vastly more geared and progressed than you guild has carried you through Heroic NH a handful of times? Why would you have ever felt pressured into running LFR? You've never done a boss that is tuned around having anywhere close to even 50 traits. Honestly if you were at any point running LFR, which is one of the LEAST efficient ways of getting AP, that's not an LFR issue or a Blizzard issue, that's a compulsion issue on your end.
    Carried? lol nice try there bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How do you feel about the change made in patch 7.2.5 where LFR no longer drops AP tokens, but rather gives one AP token at the end of the wing?

My Opinion:

Personally its a relief.

As someone who raids heroic+, i'd rather not be forced to go into LFR to maximize my AP gains for the week.
    To be honest, after you reach AK40 you are up there so quickly you hardly need to do any more AP grinding. For me it's literally a thing of the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Can some mod change the clickbait title? @MoanaLisa @Splenda

Also, how the fuck does it change anything if u get the AP at the end rather than at boss kill, nobody in the right mind would farm LFR for the AP itself
    Change the title to what? It perfectly describes the change that was made to LFR.

Also, whats with your vendetta against me, every time I post something you go on your little jaylock hate crusade asking me to get banned. Just fuck off with that shit please.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

LFR should have a loot lockout prompt, you opt for rewards from that and get locked out of other difficulties.
    Then nobody but people who exclusively do LFR will queue for it, queue times will spike and without the decent players to hold their hands LFR only players might crash and burn on even the simple mechanics found there. This is not a good solution at all.