Cool Homeowner held at gunpoint the 2 fugatives who escaped by killing 2 CO's

Source

A Tennessee homeowner held two escaped inmates wanted in the killing of two prison guards at gunpoint Thursday until authorities arrived and made the arrests.

Tennessee Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Bill Miller said late Thursday that the homeowner caught Donnie Rowe and Ricky Dubose trying to steal his vehicle.

Miller says the escaped Georgia inmates had crashed a car while being chased by law enforcement and fled on foot into woods along Interstate 24 near the

Miller says something alerted the homeowner that people were outside his home and he saw the men trying to steal his vehicle. The trooper says the homeowner held the two at gunpoint with a neighbor he called until the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department could get there to arrest them.

Rowe and Dubose are accused of killing two guards on a prison transfer bus early Tuesday. Authorities had offered a $130,000 reward for information leading to their arrests.

Authorities say Rowe and Dubose overpowered and killed Sgt. Christopher Monica and Sgt. Curtis Billue early Tuesday on a bus that should have been secured as it carried 33 inmates between prisons southeast of Atlanta.

Authorities had offered a $130,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the fugitives, whom Sills had called "dangerous beyond description."

The search had involved law enforcement officers all over Georgia, as well as the FBI, the U.S. Marshals Service, and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Gov. Nathan Deal released a statement, “Rest assured, justice will be served. My sincere thanks to our local, state and federal law enforcement officers who assisted in the manhunt. Because of their tireless efforts, the public is safe."
    I hope he gets the reward money!

It's nice that he did so but he should've just called the cops. He could've been killed, not like the convicts had anything to lose at that point.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's nice that he did so but he should've just called the cops. He could've been killed, not like the convicts had anything to lose at that point.
    True, I am shocked they didn't run anyway, if he had shot them in the back he would have been charged.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    True, I am shocked they didn't run anyway, if he had shot them in the back he would have been charged.
    There's a point were you can legally shoot people in the back as they're running away and I think two convicts who just murdered two prison guards have passed that point.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    This make up for the, at current date, 350 mass shootings this year.
    Good for him and the state though
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    This make up for the, at current date, 350 mass shootings this year.
    Good for him and the state though
    You will summon titan at this rate

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    There's a point were you can legally shoot people in the back as they're running away and I think two convicts who just murdered two prison guards have passed that point.
    yeh once you're a copkiller i think all the police are going to do is high five you or shake your hand buy you a drink etc, not press charges for killing the two men.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You will summon titan at this rate
    Hahah, doesnt matter since I need my 10 year member soon
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because in rural Tenn it is VERY likely they would have been shot and VERY unlikely anything bad would have happened to the homeowner.

1.) Tennessee is a Stand Your Ground state, and he would've had every right to defend his shooting. This would easily, easily fall under Castle Doctrine

Any person who uses force in a home, business, or vehicle is presumed to have a reasonable belief of imminent death or serious bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household. This applies when the person using deadly force knows that the aggressor forcibly entered the home, business or car. This also applies to invited guests. This doctrine is known as the “castle doctrine.”
    2.) No cop is going to arrest a man who stopped 2 cop killers on the run from getting away, and even if they did arrest him, no jury in the state of Tennessee would convict him. Defense attorneys would physically fight each other for the chance to defend this man free of charge because it would be the easiest career maker they'd ever see.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-06-16 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He should have killed him, now their incarceration in a secure max TN prison is going to cost tax payers 450k+ a year. A real hero would have shot them both in the face and had a sandwich while he waited for the cops to arrive. I cant stand cop killers. Vile sacks of shit.

Deleted
    I was going to post some NWA but that would be too simple.

1) He should of shot them on sight if they were breaking into his car. 2) Who the hell gives up after killing 2 cops and escaping a prison bus? Like what the hell is your game plan there? Both of you either charge the guy and hope he misses or run for it.

I would definitely be requesting some of that reward money. "yo here is your tip: I've got them both here at gunpoint."

When this story broke, I felt really sick over the CO's who got senselessly killed by these two assholes. Neither of the convicts even had murder on their records for what they were in for, iirc. And the CO's were murdered for no other reason other than... well... how else are they gonna escape / can't leave a witness. Sure the job carries a certain risk to it, but still - what a waste. 2 dead for what... a week of "freedom" on the lam from the FBI?

wow what an amazing story.

I bet after the whole thing was over, the credits rolled and we all got to learn about the future endeavours of all who were involved.

JUST like in the movies.

wow....