Thread: London fire.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...183514#ICID=FB

This really got to me. To be so afraid of what is happening in your home that you feel your baby has a better chance of survival at being dropped out of a 10th floor window. And what of the mother herself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Bomb making gone wrong?
    No. Greedy corrupt landlord/management.

You do realise trousers kill more people every year than terrorist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    No. Greedy corrupt landlord/management.

You do realise trousers kill more people every year than terrorist?
    That's only true because there are more trousers than terrorists on Planet Earth. A terrorist usually kills more people that a pair of pants does in a lifetime on average, unless we're talking about Trousitler the Bloody.

What a fucking stupid line to throw around.

And I thought only in Iran they care shit about safety of buildings.
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...082905960.html

Let's allow more people into our country who come from a region where half their customs and daily habits wouldn't be out of place in the middle ages. What's the worst that could happen?

I'm so shaken.

How in 2017 a building in london is not fitted with modern safety measures. No alarm even going off until hours later.

Blame Boris Johnson, blame Theresa May's austerity and blame the state of social housing for working class individuals while the rich in London live in Mega-multimillion housing. I mean why are our children living in towers like these?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Let's allow more people into our country who come from a region where half their customs and daily habits wouldn't be out of place in the middle ages. What's the worst that could happen?
    That they kill the locals in a terrorist fashion and use [Basic Campfire]s instead of an ovens at home. Oh wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    That's only true because there are more trousers than terrorists on Planet Earth. A terrorist usually kills more people that a pair of pants does in a lifetime on average, unless we're talking about Trousitler the Bloody.

What a fucking stupid line to throw around.
    So you're not in favour of a war on trousers then? Or bath tubs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I'm so shaken.

How in 2017 a building in london is not fitted with modern safety measures. No alarm even going off until hours later.

Blame Boris Johnson, blame Theresa May's austerity and blame the state of social housing for working class individuals while the rich in London live in Mega-multimillion housing. I mean why are our children living in towers like these?
    4000 high rise blocks in the UK have no sprinkler systems and successive governments have studied and ignored the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    So you're not in favour of a war on trousers then? Or bath tubs?
    Oh no, no, no. Trousers I do not have a problem with. They're good Samaritans for the most part, engineers, scientists and doctors.

But bath tubs? Scum of the earth. They kill hundreds of people every year (usually with the help of other evil devices such as toasters and radios). Fuck them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why this is even a world news. We got fires here to but no1 cares.

Example:
    https://www.dnevnik.si/1042773023/sl...-bila-nevarnih

This is just one of the examples of cheapskates who dont invest into a security of the building.
    As for people who were living there, well it was a time-bomb and it would happen sooner or later.
    I bet many will chose to live in a single house after this incident.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    ee, I wonder "how" did that happen?
    Accident? I doubt it, after London Bridge? That was not an accident, this might not be an "accident" either.
    We all pretty much who done that, the question is whether you want to admit it or not. I have pretty good idea who did that.
    Seems like your "pretty good idea" wasn't that accurate after all. This is exactly why it's better to wait before jumping to some wild theories that fit one's personal agenda.

It seems like this was, in fact, just a case of safety standards being grossly neglected. People warned about the risks regarding a possible fire in this building for years, and how dangerous it would be if there ever was one - and now something actually happened, and people got injured or lost their lives. :/

I'm so shaken.

My understanding was that the fire marshal said to stay inside if there was a fire, since it wouldn't spread outside a particular unit. This is usual for apartments around here, but I'm sure that will change now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another great example why people shouldnt live in giant cockroach motels. You have to trust your neighbors arent stupid and smoke in bed or overload circuits and burn your place down. Plus you always got stupid kids running across your ceiling or stomping on the floors, nowhere to park, pain in the ass to bring home groceries or furniture and get them 30 floors up, etc... Absolutely no positives to cramming 200 families in a giant skyscraper. People should all buy single family detached homes

This highlights what renting is like in the UK at the moment, totally crap.

You end up with a load of housing associations who dont give a crap about the tennents and private land lords who maximize profits over everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    People should all buy single family detached homes
    Are you going to help fund this?

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Let them eat cake!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Its often cheaper to buy one than it is to rent a tiny apartment in a big city tower. I paid $220,000 for my house ($1500.00 a month) and its 3 bed 2.5 bath 1800 Sq feet, or you can rent a 900 Sq ft apartment in new york city for $3000 a month. Plus you pay for apartment rent forever and a home is paid off in 10 to 30 years

You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Another great example why people shouldnt live in giant cockroach motels. You have to trust your neighbors arent stupid and smoke in bed or overload circuits and burn your place down. Plus you always got stupid kids running across your ceiling or stomping on the floors, nowhere to park, pain in the ass to bring home groceries or furniture and get them 30 floors up, etc... Absolutely no positives to cramming 200 families in a giant skyscraper. People should all buy single family detached homes
    It's almost as if poor people haven't got a choice where to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...183514#ICID=FB

This really got to me. To be so afraid of what is happening in your home that you feel your baby has a better chance of survival at being dropped out of a 10th floor window. And what of the mother herself?
    Oh my, that's so horrible! Apparently someone caught it though, is it survivable at that height? D: