Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

wowprogress changes - bad impact

With the latest changes of wowprogress M+ score calculation which basically makes "not in time" keys really low score, I can see a big problem:
    People tend to leave now if there are some wipes / deaths and the key could be potentially "depleted".

Saying this as someone who is 2,4k 7.2 (only with random pugs). So I have quite "good" groups, but still this annoys me somehow. I also talked to some friends which I know from M+ and they have the same feelings.

As an example: My Maw of Souls 14 with 2 chests is worth more then the MoS 18 I did (not intime).

So ye... basically the people got more toxic (I guess) and leaving. I dont think thats a good thing what wowprogress did there.

Btw I dont say this problem hasnt been there before they changed the way they calculate the score. But now it happens much more often.
    Last edited by mmocb8ab3d640e; 2017-06-19 at 11:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea behind the changes, but it honestly looks like they just tried to copy raider.io and messed it up.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Who cares... Anyone elitist enough to care for those silly scores most likely have their own guild group and dont need to be pugging

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    I like the idea behind the changes, but it honestly looks like they just tried to copy raider.io and messed it up.
    yep - I mean its good they wanna change something, but not this way

Quote Originally Posted by Anyri View Post
    Who cares... Anyone elitist enough to care for those silly scores most likely have their own guild group and dont need to be pugging
    If you dont care, why even click on a thread with wowprogress in the title?

Deleted
    Could this community not use some idiotic numbers for shit like that?

From cancerous Gearscore addon to WoWProgress numbers. I'm low ranked at WoWProgress simply because I never ran every dungeon until there were only high M+ runs present. I still haven't done every dungeon on high M+ simply because I don't want to. That I lead some server rankings in 4 out of those dungeons I ran is unimportant for that stupid god damn number as I am missing other dungeon points.

Beside that I met a lot of garbage with "high scores" at wowprogress. This shit means nothing and I hope they remove that stupid score.

Investigating the people in the armory for right gear is far more important. But whatever, the WoW community always need some numbers they need to compare.

In BC: How much DPS are you doing?
    Wotlk: Gearfagscore
    Then Itemlevels that the bad equipped leader can get carried.
    Then WoWprogress. Fuck this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Could this community not use some idiotic numbers for shit like that?
    Why do you offend people without a reason? If you dont like wowprogress, dont use it. I mainly wanted to know if other people who are pushing M+ too have the same experience.

Deleted
    A very, very small minority of people who farm M+ actually give a fuck about wowprogress score.
    And people used to leave in the middle of runs if you weren't going to make the time even before this change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    A very, very small minority of people who farm M+ actually give a fuck about wowprogress score.
    And people used to leave in the middle of runs if you weren't going to make the time even before this change.
    Yes I get it: There are people who are NOT using wowprogress. And thats just fine! What I am talking about is an increase of this behavior since the changes. And this also affects people NOT using wowprogress, because as long as you invite someone random who (maybe) uses it it does automatically affect you too.

That sounds perfectly reasonable though ?

N+1 key, timer missed by the same amount of time as 2-chests bonus = N key in time

Alternatively they could have measured how much overtime the +18 had and base points on that, but they didnt choose that route

Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post

As an example: My Maw of Souls 14 with 2 chests is worth more then the MoS 18 I did (not intime).

Wowprogress m+ metric was baddly shaped and it gets a tiny bit worse. Discuss.

What is there to discuss ? Pugs need a metric. Now that everybody and his brother sits between 900 à 915, ilevel is irrelevant. M+ score could look like a alternative but it make no sense and is full of flaw. Jaja pointed one, you spoted another, i could give you another : wowprogress doesn't track assholes. And to me assholes are the prime reason for failing a m+ way before bad tanks, pityfull healers and clueless dps.

Pug until you build a good friendlist and a greater blacklist then only run M+ with competent and good willed players

Can you leave comments on players Wow progress?

Deleted
    Nobody gives a f* about wowprogress rankings, even fewer f*s are given about their score. It is meaningless.

If someone gives you a grief over wowprogress ranks, its a moron you shouldn't be pugging with in first place, so be happy you avoided disaster.

For me is nice. All the people running high keys and doing in 8312908921 hours.. Yeah you are so good doing keys not in time..

Dont know why you bother about it..

Score should allways be like now.. In Time Worth More Than Not in Time..

The fact that you are actually checking the scores for Mythic+ on wowprogress means that you are part of the problem.

Those scores don't mean jack shit. I don't have high scores because I quit for awhile. That doesn't mean I'm bad and it doesn't mean that I haven't completed (in time) +20. Could care less what arbitrary number a meaningless site shows and if you choose to not group with me over it then that's your problem. You would be saving me the hassle of dealing with the retarded drama.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    The fact that you are actually checking the scores for Mythic+ on wowprogress means that you are part of the problem.

Those scores don't mean jack shit. I don't have high scores because I quit for awhile. That doesn't mean I'm bad and it doesn't mean that I haven't completed (in time) +20. Could care less what arbitrary number a meaningless site shows and if you choose to not group with me over it then that's your problem. You would be saving me the hassle of dealing with the retarded drama.
    ^ don't really have anything to add. Just wanted give my support to this post. Fully agreed.

I think I'll stick with my guild groups then, wowprogress does not acknowledge most of the runs I have done so I will not be relying on that or a system which uses that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    ^ don't really have anything to add. Just wanted give my support to this post. Fully agreed.
    I Second this

With the latest changes of wowprogress M+ score calculation which basically makes "not in time" keys really low score, I can see a big problem:
    People tend to leave now if there are some wipes / deaths and the key could be potentially "depleted".

Saying this as someone who is 2,4k 7.2 (only with random pugs). So I have quite "good" groups, but still this annoys me somehow. I also talked to some friends which I know from M+ and they have the same feelings.

So ye... basically the people got more toxic (I guess) and leaving. I dont think thats a good thing what wowprogress did there.

Btw I dont say this problem hasnt been there before they changed the way they calculate the score. But now it happens much more often.
    1) I highly highly highly doubt people are leaving M+ runs because of Wowprogress score
    2) Finishing half a marathon in a good time is more impressive then finishing a full marathon in 3 days. Yes runs that are not in time should be significantly lower worth in a ranking system because you essentially failed the goal.
    3) I highly highly highly doubt people are leaving M+ runs because of Wowprogress score
    4) Did I mention I think your correlation between 2 situations is baseless?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The old system counted a run that went over time as being better then a 3 chest from the level below it. I would rather they just don't count runs that don't finish in time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    If you dont care, why even click on a thread with wowprogress in the title?
    Ooh, he invaded your safe space? How barbaric.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    I think I'll stick with my guild groups then, wowprogress does not acknowledge most of the runs I have done so I will not be relying on that or a system which uses that

- - - Updated - - -

I Second this
    That is on Blizzard, the time of week you run and the level of keys you finish. If somebody in your group doesn't finish in the top 100 for there server Blizzard doesn't share the info.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."