Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    When the GOP votes against gun control, more people get shot by guns as a result, and sometimes those people who get shot happened to be GOPers like Scalise.
    You are an absolute sheep (and a blind one at that) if you think gun control would prevent something like this. Bad people will still get guns, Many of them are buying from other people on the streets. No amount of background checks will prevent that. The good people just will not have any to protect themselves. Tell us how Drug control has worked out for us all this time?
    Last edited by Moozart; 2017-06-14 at 03:01 PM.

The gunman has been identified: James T. Hodgkinson, 66yrs old, owns a home inspection business, from Belleville, Illinois.

Motives still unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    You are an absolute sheep (and a blind one at that) if you think gun control would prevent something like this. Bad people will still get guns, the good people just will not have any to protect themselves. Tell us how Drug control has worked out for us all this time?
    Drug control has failed while Gun control has precedent of working. Rehab centers and treating drug addiction as an illness has worked wonders in countries that have implemented it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    he can suffer in prison now and be interrogated...
    Yep he'll be a celebrity like the guy who shot Reagan.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    He also can't aim.
    He hit some targets, so I would not say he was not aiming. How hard a target is to hit depends on a lot of factors. Distance and movement of the target playing the largest role.

I'm curious to know (as a non American) - at what point does the 'right to bear arms' to defend yourself against a 'corrupt tyrannous government' actually kick in?

I mean - the country is in the process of being gutted by people overtly operating outside the law, should one wait until the job is done? Or what ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Drug control has failed while Gun control has precedent of working. Rehab centers and treating drug addiction as an illness has worked wonders in countries that have implemented it.
    It already is working. Granted, some improvements still need to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    he can suffer in prison now and be interrogated...
    Yeah, there is a life of anal rape in his future. So, there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    LOL, showing up and asking if those are Republicans before going on a mass shooting spree, but "we don't know the motive".
    Because there's multiple reasons why. Pissed off Democraft, nutter that was curious before the attack, or right wing nut that wanted to start his own Reichstag Fire.

All of them are possible and we won't know until the interrogation. Higher chance of him being a pissed off Democrat but confused why it's going to get turned into a political argument when he was clearly mentally ill regardless of his motives. It's also jumping ahead of the investigation.

Posts that are just baiting/political bashing need to be infracted before this whole thread gets shut down.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It already is working. Granted, some improvements still need to be done.
    Improvements can always be done. One issue in the US is that its checkerboard. Unlike in other countries big or small where its fairly uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    You are an absolute sheep (and a blind one at that) if you think gun control would prevent something like this. Bad people will still get guns, Many of them are buying from other people on the streets. No amount of background checks will prevent that.
    Following this logic let's get rid of all laws because bad people will do bad things anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Because there's multiple reasons why. Pissed off Democraft, nutter that was curious before the attack, or right wing nut that wanted to start his own Reichstag Fire.

All of them are possible and we won't know until the interrogation. Higher chance of him being a pissed off Democrat but confused why it's going to get turned into a political argument when he was clearly mentally ill regardless of his motives.
    Mentally ill, lone wolf, loved his mom, had social issues, quiet, seemed nice, shot up a church.

Soo is the left calling this guy a terrorist or are they on board with the lone nutter tag for shootings like this?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Soo is the left calling this guy a terrorist or are they on board with the lone nutter tag for shootings like this?
    No one fucking knows his motive so the political bashing on either side is bullshit and needs to stop.

Already have Fox flipping the hell out trying to incite "revolution" over this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm curious to know (as a non American) - at what point does the 'right to bear arms' to defend yourself against a 'corrupt tyrannous government' actually kick in?

I mean - the country is in the process of being gutted by people overtly operating outside the law, should one wait until the job is done? Or what ?
    When the person with the gun decides its time ofc. thats the wonder of it.

Remember the current president said during a rally that if Hillary Clinton won the election the only once's who could stop her would be those who believed in the 'right to bear arms'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Prob gonna be called a terrorist the second we get a motive, for now he is the usual

If black: Gang related
    If Hispanic: Drug related
    If White: Mentally ill, lone wolf, loved his mom, had social issues, quiet, seemed nice
    If Muslim: Terrorist 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post

All of them are possible and we won't know until the interrogation. Higher chance of him being a pissed off Democrat but confused why it's going to get turned into a political argument when he was clearly mentally ill regardless of his motives. It's also jumping ahead of the investigation.

Posts that are just baiting/political bashing need to be infracted before this whole thread gets shut down.

Well milking sympathy here is just as political people don't like being told how to feel.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Improvements can always be done. One issue in the US is that its checkerboard. Unlike in other countries big or small where its fairly uniform.
    That is because we area a Nation made up of States. So we are Union of States. The only major issue I see is, the background checks need to be stronger for private sales, making them required to follow the same procedures for selling a firearm as licensed dealers have to follow. Personally I feel the laws Ohio has concerning gun control is good enough and stays within the Consitutional rights of the citizens, with the exception of private sales of firearms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Add in sightlines, any kind of cover in the way can rapidly shrink a target.
    Absolutely.

Clean and classic example of poetic justice*

(*not actually justice)