Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Affliction 7.2.5 sucks for pvp now!!! good work blizzard

Affliction sucks badly in 7.2.5, yeah blizzard increase the dot damage but nerfed the healing, and the ability to put dots, the GCD its too high. Where is the class fantasy when we cant put dots??i really hope for a hotfix

I linked my High Warlord, got invited.
    Leader whispered me "Affliction?". I responded "Destruction".
    I got kicked, so obviously Affliction must be great? /s

Deleted
    I don't understand why they can't just give us 30% versatility and nerf int to compensate. Having more mobility with gateway is fine but the toxic gameplay of randomly dying in melee stuns remains.

This thread should be locked.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

Deleted
    Lol who plays pvp anyway..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JabJack View Post
    This thread should be locked.
    OP could have voiced his frustration in a better way, but the validity of the frustration remains. Affliction is odd spot now with 7.2.5.

Been PvPing as Affliction since Legion launch, and as a warlock for many expansions before hand as on-and-off Demo and Afflic. Legion PvP is flooded with too many windows of opportunity of melee classes to burst you down through CC or outright damage output.

Sure we have a new Demonic Gateway talent, but with the majority of incoming complaining Afflic locks coming from the standpoint of either random BGs or RBGs, it is too easy for melee classes to close the gap and prevent you from doing ANYTHING.

Unfortunately unless you are really skilled at your warlock or just really good at ALL classes in general, this is a less than appealing expansion for ranged/caster DPS PvP.

EDIT: I meant to offer a solution while in random BGs only. Do what you've always done as an Afflic lock and just stay in the back of fights to cast.

Folks, Nightfall is proccing at an insane rate essentially back to back. Also, if coupled with SC ( which I wholesomely recommend) the ridiculousness is there. Considering the build Talents( 22 22 123 ) and HTalents( null,2,null,2/3,3,1/3). Sliver shard mines was simply amazing and I couldn't stop laughing. As the traits from reap that benefit Seeds alone is quit impressive. I'm interested to using this.
    Gateway way mastery is meh, bummer they did remove amp afflic. I see for good reason with the changes to dots, and considering as that is the whole idea of pvp talents. So our pve wasn't affected. I much rather lose a talent in PVP than 10% dps across the board.
    Some people just want the world and the moon.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

Lol that Blizzard cares that much about PvP in WoW. Are you drunk?

Deleted
    Affli is absolutely fine rn.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I don't understand why they can't just give us 30% versatility and nerf int to compensate. Having more mobility with gateway is fine but the toxic gameplay of randomly dying in melee stuns remains.
    Yes it's really dumb. We're one of these classes with close to zero vers in pvp. No mitigation without mobility and def cooldowns is retarded af. (3 min cooldown every melee class can kill you through without any cd is bs). but on int nerf I disagree. Blizzard already nerfed aff int to the ground in pvp. See op af rogue? they got -5% nerf. Affliction was not even close to sub or arms or enh and in s1 we got several nerfs (some of them were stealth ones) first was like -25% int.

Nightfall is bugged, it's not consuming the proc, once they fix it 90 lvl row will be complete trash (it's already for arena, just compare seed damage which cost a shard to ice lance for example, they could at least made is so UA is instant cast on proc but they decided to put the only useless skill affliction has)

It's hillarious that we have almost 39% haste in pvp (916 gear) but without AA gcd is so big. In 3v3 it may be fine, but if you get trained you will not put as much pressure as before even when your dots hit harded, simply because healer will dispell your dots.

However, I ventured into random BG to see our damage and everythig before going into 3v3 and rbg and I must say dot damage is insane atm, considering that in pve we're still top 1-2 in mythic nighthold I'm sorry to say but they will nerf us more And I was not able to properly test it, but it seems DE is hitting 50% damage limit as soon as target at 35% health in pvp, and even if it's not now you can actually kill someone with 2 dots with de lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only fix possible is baseline soul link for all specs in the final patch (be it 7.3 or 7.4 when they make big changes). The garbage class design and the dogshit class mechanics are here to stay until the next expansion i'm afraid.

Been doing some BGs and Arenas and first impression is we are much stronger than we were before. Our damage output is WAY higher than before. The only downside right now is that gateway mastery is bugged in arenas. Still kinda sucks that we die to double melee kinda quick but other than that we are good.

im sorry whats your rating again?

It's funny how on us arena forums people whine about affliction. And main point of their whine is that affliction can do 300k+ dps in arena. ROT DPS. While hunters/mages/rogues/warriors/rets/dks can do same amount of damage to SOLO target lol.

I've seen some retarded posts from hunters (class spec who has no rights to complain cause of bm/mm free glads last season and surv free glad season 1) ranked at 2500+ rating about 400k dps from affliction. They are obliously lying because even with bugged nightfall and turbo players stack whole game, Snutz dps to them was which is at/lower dps of affliction with AA and once they fix seeds all of this damage will gone away. And of melee bursts which can kill you through def cds are here to stay.

So my prediction is: they will fix bugged nightfal to actually consume procs to cool burning butts of kids from bgs, they WILL NOT fix bug with gateway mastery (no debuff but still cannot use gate, gate place at 5m away one from another at BE bridge), they will nerf warlock int and damage without compensation to defence abilities (we have only one 3m def cd any melee can kill us through, and we have 3% of vers in pvp template) making it complete trash again because blizzard always triggerhappy with us and they will fall for these melee/hunters complains
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2017-06-16 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post

Unfortunately unless you are really skilled at your warlock or just really good at ALL classes in general, this is a less than appealing expansion for ranged/caster DPS PvP.
    I really disagree with those bold statements. Its like you were only playing the legion beta, where melee of all kind were really very dominating, without any pvp templates in check. Wpvp is still like that, maybe you got your views from that place.

In BGs, RBGs and Arenas its exactly the opposite what you just said. bgs/rbgs are completely dominated by ranged dds, Moonkins, Shadow Priests and Affliction locks. Affliction locks still have a lot of viable arena combs, too.

If a melee shows up dominating everyone else, like the dreaded MS warrior, it only means that spec was not yet hotfixnerfed, cause by design a melee cannot hold a candle to a ranged dotter in rbgs/bgs.

They are even good in many of those 2s skirmishes except maybe a hard cleave like double DH/warrior show up and they know what they are doing. But guess what, many do not know what they are doing and i still could win on my very own when my random partner died in 5-10 secs. I bet many people are doing the 10 skirmish events an get a wrong impression how pvp really is like. But for the record i got 4 well equipped classes on 110 with a maxed legion artifacts + maxed honor talents and the affliction lock was the easiest to win with in 2s skirmishes dominated by melee cleaves that are supposed to be aids for the affliction lock. I have seen worser pvp specs and classes. I know something of locks because it was my first main, but i quitted after ICC/S8 in wrath and just got him ready in 7.2.5.

Again let me tell you there are weaker specs in this game than affliction and there are specs that are more problematic when it comes to melee cleaves look up to the shadow priest for example, if i wouldn't always use dispersion on a mount + void shift i would be toast everytime i enter a 2s arena skirmish with a random partner, while its known, they are strong in 3s comps and rbg. In comparission the affliction lock feels easy, if you react quickly and beforehand, due to the lack of a real immunity def cd similar to what mages and rogues got, BUT the teleport is actually very powerful if used and placed correctly to envade burst or to allow your own "burst"(not sure in 7.2.5. if there is still burst, but i got good results with haunt instead of MG and stacking UA as usual). And all this you get in a few minutes playing arena. Shadows have a much higher learning curve to survive against melee cleaves and rogue of pre 7.2.5. too and he is a melee, actually. One who got pruned more than anyone else and deals no dmg whatsoever. This only changed with the patch and i doubt its enough.

I have seen worse seasons with the lock. Try wrath s5. They were so dominating in BC and yet got totally obliterated in s5, if you can ever fathom a BS feeling this was the time. The official blizz lock and pvp board were on fire as a testament, too.

Wouldn't say nay, if the old talent that reduces the GCD on dots would comes back, though. It would lead to a more fluid play in bgs at least. But "affliction sucks" is such a missleading statement. affliction hardly sucks and still is the best spec in pvp for warlocks, because see it that way, if affliction really sucks, what should we say about demonlogy and destruction in any kind of pvp? You might get it to some use, but are the results better than what you could achieve more easily with affliction?

Or tell me reasions why to play destro/demo in pvp right now? They got buffed, but are the buffs good enough to be able to actually cast stuff when there are melees training/interrupting you? i do not see that.

And while i think affliction is more than fine, the other 2 specs could be improved more for pvp. And the class alltogether needs a redesign, which is different discussion done on another thread here. Why still no embers for destro is beyond my comprehension, for example.

I think after BC, locks were best designed in MoP. All 3 specs had their great moments there. In s12 you could 2 shot people as demon lock with chaos waves in a RBG. So they did not made it to s13 when the destruction locks started to global people and while the pvp was strong with the locks in MoP they had their best class design, too no matter if it was pve or pvp. Remember embers and meta? It all started with MoP.

So first, i would try to search for a satisfying fix by messaging the class lead designer on twitter, because while, there is nothing wrong pvp balance wise, locks were designed better in the past for pvp purposes(mop example) That would be a good start.

Cause lets be totally honest, its the class design that sucks in legion.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2017-06-16 at 03:44 AM.

Nightfall will correctly be consumed when casting Seed of Corruption
    Unstable Affliction's dispel backlash can no longer be reflected or grounded.
    Told you. No gateway fix, but nightfall fix. Also they finally fixed bug which was with us from the start of legion. Nice. At this rate we can expect gateway fix in 8.0 but they probably just prune it instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    still better then how destro did

destro in the high ranks was fine, it was very good burst, but a few defencives or some interupts could ruin them
    but in the high ranks people didnt know how to do those so a bad destro lock could still super burst them down

the people in the low ranks complained so they nerfed destro to the ground to the point even if you pop all your cooldowns, proc perfectly, you still cant even get close to killing someone used to be get 3 chaos bolts off, 3 rifts, if you lined it up well you could insta kill the person, but if they interupted you, immuned, or used all their defencives well you were fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I faced only MLS and TBH even that destro bolts hitting like a truck it's the mage who make comp strong if not op. Tried nightfall after fix, in rbg you probably will be able to spam seeds as before cause uptime is really high. Affliction still need imporvement to "tankiness" because as of now you dont have any tankiness, siphon life heals need to be 100% in pvp and FFS they need to up vers template at least.

Deleted
    On the casual level Aff seems ok-ish for me, and I usually complain a lot when destroyed by melee, because I suck at pvp. Now I can go toe to toe and have a very decent chance 1v1, which in many patches/seasons was not really the case.

World pvp is another matter though. Here, those bastards really *can* kill me in a stun, even with some defensive cd's on my part. But hey, world pvp is deader than dead, anyway, there are maybe 2 quests in the game where any wpvp even happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    I faced only MLS and TBH even that destro bolts hitting like a truck it's the mage who make comp strong if not op. Tried nightfall after fix, in rbg you probably will be able to spam seeds as before cause uptime is really high. Affliction still need imporvement to "tankiness" because as of now you dont have any tankiness, siphon life heals need to be 100% in pvp and FFS they need to up vers template at least.
    comps aside, do you have any expierence how well destro locks fare in wpvp, like against a frost mage? Frost mages are really quick doing their burst and do not rely on their pet so much, the pet is easy to take out with huge burst numbers and needs to be resummed via casting - just to have access to an interrupt - compared to some other pet classes like unholy and bm hunter who can instantly call their pet this is a bit of an disadvantage when facing something like a frost mage, who becomes a problem with a quick momentum.

i know they are not much of a problem in instanced pvp, there immunities are not that much better than a dmg reduction def cd as abilty dmg and stats are greatly reduced.