Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Blizzard should make LFR`s harder!

Right now, if u are a ranged DPS you pretty much just DPS and don`t stand in s**t.. thats all.
    But I play ONLY ranged DPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Right now, if u are a ranged DPS you pretty much just DPS and don`t stand in s**t.. thats all.
    If they make LFR resemble an actual challenge the rest of the player base will quit.

If you want challenge, go to Normal or Heroic

Deleted
    No because I don't want to 5-man the bosses with the 4 other competent players that happen to queue to the same instance as I à la Durumu.

They tried that twice and the queue times sky rocketed past Cata heroics along with complaints flooding the forums. LFR is supposed to be accessible to all. If you dont like it then dont do it.

They did make LFR harder.
    They call it "Normal".

must not of been around at the 20 stacks of determination Durumu and Archimonde and still cant kill because people are standing in one place and DPSing....

LFR should NEVER be hard simply because you have to deal with 24 other window lickers

Oh man, i cant wait for the LFR heroes to appear in this thread.

Durumu (Archimonde?) has proven that any sort of mechanic that requires to not be AFK that deals untankable damage/unhealable damage will create hours of wipe for no reason when most people are there for a quick run.

In other words, turning brain on isnt required for LFR and they intend to keep it that way, they know their playerbase.

Deleted
    They should make it scale with participant's ilvl.
    Oh wait no they can't because the subscriber's nerdrage will reach > 9000

LFR exists primarely to give the bottom 80% of players, who have zero idea what they're doing, the illusion that they're able to defeat the end-game content.

These are not people that will be happy with wiping more than once per wing, the day it is released. It is released, and thus it must be insta-cleared.

That's what LFR exists for. To keep these 80% of subscribers happy.

You want to make this harder? Why? Give the 80% what they want so they keep funding WoW for the other 20% and everyone wins.
    Last edited by mmoc89e4f4f7a6; 2017-05-23 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't need to be harder...

At the current, when a new LFR is out, there's ALWAYS people dying due to thinking.. or well, not thinking. Even seasoned raiders wiping because they underestimate some things..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    LFR exists primarely to give the bottom 80% of players, who have zero idea what they're doing, the illusion that they're able to defeat the end-game content.
    Seriously, could you be any more conceited? I think most of the bottom 80% you refer to are well aware of their limitations and are quite ok with accepting that they can't defeat "real" end-game content. LFR exists so that they can participate in and experience the game in a mode in which they can cope.

These are not people that will be happy with wiping more than once per wing, the day it is released. It is released, and thus it must be insta-cleared.
    Again I think you are being way too conceited here. I find that generally the most impatient LFR players are the elitists. It's always the guys at the top of the meters, who know the mechanics that shit on everyone else and drop after 1 wipe (and not just in LFR but in many normal/heroic pugs).

The real issue here is that for content that works using a group finder, making content too hard just makes for a horrid experience, not necessarily because of the wipe itself, but because of the way the group responds to wipes. In LFR there are 24 other players. The 1 individual has very little ability to influence the outcome of the fight, so it could quickly become frustrating to the players doing it right if the other 20 just can't. Also, even if only a small portion is quitting, that is still quite disruptive, especially if it's healers or tanks (who tend to be the more elitist group in LFR and thus more likely to drop)

You want to make this harder? Why? Give the 80% what they want so they keep funding WoW for the other 20% and everyone wins.
    Ideally the difficulty of LFR should be such that for an average LFR group there should be a 90-100% so success rate at killing bosses in the first attempt, provided that most of the players participating are playing according to their ability.

The only reason LFR should ever wipe is if people clearly aren't trying, or if the random selection happens to select a very weak group (statistically unlikely in a 25 man group).

The problem with making it too easy is that it can become too boring. Right now, EN is in that space. Making it so that groups have to actually put in some effort to win would be fine, but they shouldn't make it difficult to beat. I think some form of scaling according to group average ilevel would not be remiss, but with the following provisos:

1) The content should still become easier with higher level gear, just not as quickly.
    2) They should increase the chance of getting warforged/titanforged gear for higher ilevel groups.

You have a chance at feeling like melee once in a while and don't like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    You do that in LFR?

Well you always have 3 higher diffilucties you could try out...

Who cares about LFR if you aren't an LFR player. Sure people can argue that maybe it shouldn't have ever gone down that road but its there. Just ignore LFR if you don't want to do LFR. It is what I do and to tell you the truth I never even think about. Normal is easy enough to where I can get my lower ilvl toons into them without much trouble and gear out pretty nicely to get their foots into heroic in random and pretty successful pugs.

LFR is kind of needed in order to let fresh new players take a step into the raiding crazy world but I really think that it should be stripped away from the real raid instance.

There is according to me, a dire need to redesign LFR. Making it healthier for hardcore raiders, it is exhausting doing 3-4 times the same raid in a week for AP purposes... And new ones, usually doing LFR seems enough and it doesn't encourage you to go further and see what content normal or heroic raids are.

I'm really looking for Blizzard to make specifically design bosses for looking for raid. At the image of mythic raiding, I can really see LFR needing it's own structure to work the best.
    And it would be actually really beneficial if the bosses you face aren't the bosses you fight against in normal/heroic versions of the raid. Kind of like if you were going into another wing of the instance that isn't available in normal/heroic/mythic.
    That way, you can have boss fights that have unique abilities that works with an LFR party where no briefing is needed except for "I go tank this, you tank that, you DPS the guy there", and even this might seem a bit too much if done in front of every boss (still talking for a new fresh guy going on his first LFR all alone).

I kind of see those fights as the ones you see in many console adventure type games :
    - You usually go in and start fighting without googling what bosses abilities are
    --> You are teleported into the raid instance, a Timer starts (just like when you go inside a battleground) to let you know when the encounter will starts
    - You learn what to avoid, what to heal, what to focus after making a mistake without having to restart the fight
    --> Each time a player makes a mistake, he is given an instruction on screen that tells him what he should have down on the side of his screen ("boss incanting" -> "hide behind the pillar")
    - You use environment to deal damage, to protect yourself or to control the opponent
    --> Have Horde/Alliance siege weapon or npc casting protection bubbles
    - You follow indications to bring the enemy down
    --> Keep the instructions simple and to a minimum, while giving clear graphic indications. A big arrow indicating where you should hide or go to be safe from taking damages isn't an insult at that game level it is educational.

This is what LFR should be according to me, a solo experience where you have many other players doing the same thing to stay alive and finish the fight.

And in the end, a LFR instance could give you a quest that enables you to either go normal mode raid and reward you some composants to craft gear, choosing between cloth/leather/ores or small amount of Sargeras' blood to encourage you to pursue the experience into normal mode raiding.

LFR should be removed. Go do normal if you want a challenge. No raid should ever be queued for and randomly assembled.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Isn't that what ranged always does? Although, us melee don't often see what is going on behind us.

Deleted
    LFR is like the weird kid we all ignored in school, he's getting bigger and louder but we're all getting better at turning a blind eye.

I love people who condemn LFR but never mention LFD. Too convenient to queue for 4 other players to chew through bosses in a dungeon?
    LFR helps you gear up alts too and if Broken Shore wasn't around to boost your character, I bet that would happen.

For difficulty its like the Heroic Dungeon version of Raids. You queue, breeze through and hooray. Not everyone wants to spend hours on a game, it's evident in the entire gaming industry when you had games built with having nearly hundreds of hours to be pruned down generation by generation to say 20 hours of gameplay.
    Why are you expecting a live MMORPG not to do the same?

Deleted
    Play higher difficulties?

MoP's Heart of Fear is tuned to be "hard".
    It is an alt way of gear path.

Then people wipe on Garalon ...

LFR becomes yesterday's news.
    World Quest is the favorite of the month now.