Frost DPS vs Damage issue

I was a Fire Mage that recently switched over to Frost. My DPS is higher than it was with Fire but the damage done doesn't seem to reflect this change. I am constantly below people in Damage that I am easily out DPSing.

I feel like I am constantly casting so im not sure where the difference is coming from.
    Last edited by DayDayKnucks; 2017-06-14 at 07:49 PM.

Because you don't constantly have dots ticking your active dps (which is what you're tracking as dps) is higher.

Your actual damage per second is just damage done divided by encounter length in seconds.

You must be using an ancient DPS meter like Recount or have your DPS meter set up wrong(it shouldn't be set to "active DPS")
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Your damage meter is giving you false information unless you are dying. Good meters and logs will start recording information when the fight starts and stop when it stops. The only way to freeze your dps if you stop doing damage is to die. Either way if you are being beat on damage by a fire mage something is going on with what you are doing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your damage meter is giving you false information unless you are dying. Good meters and logs will start recording information when the fight starts and stop when it stops. The only way to freeze your dps if you stop doing damage is to die. Either way if you are being beat on damage by a fire mage something is going on with what you are doing.
    I think it's fair to point out that yesterday fire mage was above frost mage at 90th percentile across all mythic bosses

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=1&dataset=90

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I think it's fair to point out that yesterday fire mage was above frost mage at 90th percentile across all mythic bosses

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=1&dataset=90
    If you lump them all together sure they get to feast on Skorp and Tich and vanish for the rest. What a nonsense way to look at it. If you took Skorp out of that total math they would be way behind. Fire did top out on Gul'dan which has been the go to spec for a bit now, people switching to GS is certainly not going to help there.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2017-06-14 at 09:28 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If you lump them all together sure they get to feast on Skorp and Tich and vanish for the rest. What a nonsense way to look at it.
    All bosses ignores Scorpyron and Tichondrius because of padding strategies. Fire is the highest spec on Gul'dan, close to frost on Elisande, nearly identical on Star Augur.