Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Game worth coming back to?

Played on and off my whole life, I feel each expansion is worse than the last. Played during legion release, and quit not long after I realised the whole game is a daily grind of the exact same dungeon with higher numbers just to get the same gear with higher numbers.

I'm basically waiting for the new GT to come out is this game worth coming back to for a while?

Deleted
    No, legion is terrible. you'll be wasting your time coming back to wow. play black desert online, its much better than the casual trash this game has become.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is and yes you should, preferably with multiple accounts.

If you didn't like Legion when it first came out you're likely not gonna like it now.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by kurtpal View Post
    Played on and off my whole life, I feel each expansion is worse than the last. Played during legion release, and quit not long after I realised the whole game is a daily grind of the exact same dungeon with higher numbers just to get the same gear with higher numbers.

I'm basically waiting for the new GT to come out is this game worth coming back to for a while?
    Nothings changed. You still need to grind the same missions and dungeons you did at the start of the expantion.
    You're also so far behind that you'll have a hard time catching up.

It's probably better to wait for the next expantion.

Absolutely not. If you're into Pvp, it's the worst it's ever been and things will not improve until Holinka is gone or Blizzard reassigns him. If you're mostly into raiding, it's probably worth a shot. Wow is the Gold Standard of raiding and no one can or will take that away from them. The biggest and most consistent complaint of raiders is "we want more raids and not 12-14 months of the last raid tier." TOS should provide 4-5 months of decent content at the very worst and I do believe 7.3 will give players another raid tier. Overall, if raiding is your thing, you've got about 9-12 months of raiding ahead of you. You're just into leveling and maybe doing a few dungeons and bgs, I'd say it's worth a shot, but I guarantee you'll be bored after 2-3 months like the majority of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Nothings changed. You still need to grind the same missions and dungeons you did at the start of the expantion.
    You're also so far behind that you'll have a hard time catching up.

It's probably better to wait for the next expantion.
    cheers man, been playing a TBC private server, might stick to that for now

Not right now honestly, try in 7.3 when we get Argus, 7.2 isn't impressive, unless you like generic kill 100 mobs quest or a class campaign that takes 5-10 minutes. Hopefully something much more substantial will come out with Argus, check in then, not now.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2017-06-14 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Absolutely not. If you're into Pvp, it's the worst it's ever been and things will not improve until Holinka is gone or Blizzard reassigns him. If you're mostly into raiding, it's probably worth a shot. Wow is the Gold Standard of raiding and no one can or will take that away from them. The biggest and most consistent complaint of raiders is "we want more raids and not 12-14 months of the last raid tier." TOS should provide 4-5 months of decent content at the very worst and I do believe 7.3 will give players another raid tier. Overall, if raiding is your thing, you've got about 9-12 months of raiding ahead of you. You're just into leveling and maybe doing a few dungeons and bgs, I'd say it's worth a shot, but I guarantee you'll be bored after 2-3 months like the majority of players.
    Thats exactly what happened to me the first time around, I'm very pvp orientated, and even though i played what felt like a very fun class - demon hunter, I just didn't have fun in pvp like in the other Xpacs, I played around with dungeons, pve gear etc from world quests and some raids, just got over it very quickly

No.
    /10chars

Deleted
    Given what you have written you wont like or enjoy Legion. So i would recommend you to spend your money somewhere else.

I'm planning on playing on my main, and doing a few odds and ends on my alts (all specs' artifacts to pre-bonus-levels, iLvl 885-ish, class mount).

So far, nothing I'd enjoy doing on my alts a lot. :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    your opinion. try to see a/the game for its art and the collecting pleasure rather than the systems everyone seems to care about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtpal View Post
    I feel each expansion is worse than the last. Played during legion release, and quit not long after
    Nothing has changed at all. It's still the same game it was at its core 12 years ago. If you've played as long as you say and even that recently, then I think you're more than capable of taking the decision on your own without having the opinions of this forum as your crutch. I'm not sure why you even posted this. You're probably just looking for moral support for choice you've already made.

Play if you think it sounds like fun.
    Don't play if you think its doesn't sound like fun.

...and you know, spending couple of bucks to get 30 days of gametime is probably not the end of the world for you. If it is, then don't come back, otherwise, you can just get 30 days of gametime and you'll see for sure. It's really not harder than that.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-06-15 at 04:20 AM.

Game has gone downhill ever since Wrath. Slight improvement over WoD, Legion still sucks.

But the whole game has been about getting gear to progress in most of the content for 12 years. It's kind of a big thing about this type of game. The formula of progression in terms of gear hasn't changed. It's just been made smoother.

All I can say to you OP is it's your decision. After 12 years I can imagine you are just tired of the game. Which is fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is a great expansion. People will look back on it with fondness in 3-4 years just as they do with MoP.

Plenty to do...if you love WoW then absolutely you should come back.

At its core it's still wow. But if you look closely you'll start to see how everything is tuned, just a little bit, to make you spend more and more time in game. Almost every design decision is tipped towards makeing blizzard more profit rather than making wow a better game.

Now, that probably sounds pretty terrible. But despite wow being built to milk people for profit, it's still also a better game than before. For some people thats enough to glaze over the blatant profiteering, for others it's​ like a fly in the soup.

Up to you to determine which.

The game is. Legion is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, is it?

Only you can decide if it is worth coming back or not.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..