Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    So many big names leaving. Are there many original devs left anymore? Even Metzen is gone.
    New blizzard project dude, not leaving blizzard. Isn't obvious? All the serious staff is being pulled into something new.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    Diablo 4 MMO.

Remember how Legion is Diablo in WoW? They're experimenting a lot of the things from D3 in their MMO already to see how it works with MMOs.
    They're not making another MMO. The new project, according to the job postings, is a first person game, ala Witcher 3 and Skyrim.

I'm betting he's part of the eSports team now.

Im Glad to see him leave

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly doubt PvP will ever be great in WoW again. It's dead and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    They're not making another MMO. The new project, according to the job postings, is a first person game, ala Witcher 3 and Skyrim.

the witcher games arent first person.

Formerly known as Arafal

To be fair PVP was shit far before he was the lead of PVP; it was just exceptionally worse with him as lead. Holinka probably had good intentions for PVP it just didn't end up working out. Ideas look great on paper and may be fun via testing but you never know how the playerbase will receive it when it's live. And no I'm not defending him at all; this can happen for any portion of the game that generally isn't received well. All in all, I hope they find someone who's passionate about PVP who will help bring it back to healthy amounts of people playing and enjoying it.

The guy that gave us Ashran... doubt many people will miss him from wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was early on the train on this one, I stated "Holinka is a dick" and meant it. Even if he created good content, he's he's just a dick. His Ashran fiasco is all you need to know. He's also a big crybaby, when he used to whine about "mean" threads here.

The good thing is, Blizzard now has an opportunity to hire someone to lead the PvP team that has personality, embraces and likes the PvP community, and can undo the wreckage that he brought to that part of the game.

Don't expect any changes in the game until the next expansion, however.
    Sorry but why would anyone embrace or even like the PvP community? The vocal part is sadly mostly filled with delusional c*nts.

I'm surprised he stayed this long, I certainly wouldn't want to work for this ungrateful shit community.

Promoted to his level of incompetence. Fitting.

In a few months, PvP'ers will be: "Remember Holinka? Things were better back then! Why did they move him to something else? You suck, Blizzard!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    And a resounding cheer could be heard throughout the world.
    Yeah, from a loud and extremely stupid minority of players who are too dumb to realize that more than one person is responsible for WoW PvP.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    can't blame him, the level of abuse he gets for pvp issues rooted in shitty spreadsheet raiding focused class design that he has absolutely nothing to do with would make anyone want to leave

an excellent example
    Now if Ion was shit canned i would have hope for the game
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    I was early on the train on this one, I stated "Holinka is a dick" and meant it. Even if he created good content, he's he's just a dick. His Ashran fiasco is all you need to know. He's also a big crybaby, when he used to whine about "mean" threads here.

The good thing is, Blizzard now has an opportunity to hire someone to lead the PvP team that has personality, embraces and likes the PvP community, and can undo the wreckage that he brought to that part of the game.

Don't expect any changes in the game until the next expansion, however.
    Ashran wasnt that bad.. also I have to admit the no flying part did wonders for world PvP. However who ever is responsible for Legion BGs should get fired. Professional PvPers never had trouble getting the gear.. same as with professional raiders. I for one will never do arenas as I dont want to (arenas suck).. balance then separately for all I care.. same goes for rated BGs.. but stop ruining normal casual BGs with this "gear doesnt matter" nonsense.

The only way any MMO can justify grind is by giving out rewards and some players (like yours truly) want actual rewards that increase player power, not that prestige crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Now if Ion was shit canned i would have hope for the game
    This guy knows.

Everyone seems to forget the pvp at the end of the season before last was actually pretty balanced....then it got all fucked again because that's just what happens with WoW pvp. Point is WoW pvp is almost always a shitstorm and Holinka did just as well as everyone else. He worked hard and I wish him all the best on his future endeavors.

Why do people keep putting ALL the blame on devs? Keep in mind, these guys are trying to find a balance in designing a game they want to play and make while giving players things they want. Players wanted a more stream lined and accessible PVP format that levels the playing field for all, and in giving that to the players they cry out "devs ruined the game!"
    It's just funny, tragic, and sad that this is an xpac designed for all the players that wanted things like this, a spec well as alternatives to raiding, constant power progression, and overall reasons to log in day after day, and players just bash the product made the way they wanted it.
    I literally look forward to the hilarity that will ensue for the bashing of the next person to step into the light of lead PVP design.

Where did you pull that from? A game like that is absolutely contrary to blizzards usual MO of the past 2 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Why do people keep putting ALL the blame on devs?
    Because they're the ones making the poor decisions?

It's not like he was a low level grunt. He was the lead designer for PvP. It's his job title, or was. He was in charge, and approved all of it. He managed the team that designed it. He called the shots. His boss is Ion - Ion was most certainly not doing the design level work on PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is too bad, Brian H. was one of the best PvP designers this game has ever seen. The balance in PvP has been superb over the last 5 years, some of the best balance the game has seen.

Brian will be missed for sure, but I know hes off to better things at Blizzard (ie promotion).
    You try too much Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Who is white knight to you? Everyone who does not completely agree with full blown haters?
    Nah a white knight to me is someone who has been in every one of the apparently 7 threads about this parroting the same bullshit. Which is exactly what he's been doing.