Chrome showing up on glitched "3rd monitor" after using remote desktop

For some reason, after using Jump Desktop to remote from my iPad to my computer, Chrome (and only Chrome, nothing else) will glitch out and re-open on a weird kind of "3rd monitor" area, when I log back into my computer.

I've got two monitors, and the remote desktop app only uses one of them. Everything works fine when in remote desktop, but then once I log back into the computer normally, and go to open Chrome, it will pop up off to the right of my primary monitor, in an inaccessible area.

The only way to fix this is to switch my primary monitor.

What exactly is going on here and how do I stop it from happening?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A temporary solution is to click on the browser in the task manager, click restore, click move and use your arrow key to drag it on to your monitor until you can get a handle on it with the mouse to move it to your primary screen.

If it keeps happening you might have to look in to something like SetWindowPlacement().
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    A temporary solution is to click on the browser in the task manager, click restore, click move and use your arrow key to drag it on to your monitor until you can get a handle on it with the mouse to move it to your primary screen.
    Huh? I don't have any options for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    If it keeps happening you might have to look in to something like SetWindowPlacement().
    No idea how to do anything with that, but this does happen a lot, yes.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...eyboard-trick/

Scroll down to the "Get Hidden Windows Back with a Keyboard Trick" section.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you wanted a permanent solution? Idk about that remote desktop app you use since I use teamviewer, but it sounds like it creates a virtual third monitor for you to view your desktop stuff on, but then chrome gets stuck on that monitor when you're done using it. I would just use teamviewer.

You can klick Chrome on the task bar and then windows key + shift + left/right arrow, that moves the window between your monitors; or windows key + left/right arrow, that attaches the windows to the left/right of your screen.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Huh? I don't have any options for that..
    Whoops. Meant to say task bar.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.