Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Cologne rally: As many as 10,000 Muslims to protest Islamic extremism

As many as 10,000 Muslims are set to protest in a rally against extremism in Cologne on Saturday.

The protest comes in the wake of recent terror attacks in the UK and around the world.

“The attacks by people who justify their acts by invoking Islam, without justification, are becoming more frequent,” protest organisers write on a website for the rally called NichtMitUns, or Not With Us.

“Our faith is being abused, defiled, insulted and distorted into something unrecognisable by this. Let us put a powerful sign against violence and terror."

Dozens of organisations have backed the protest. However, one of the largest Muslim associations in Germany has refused to take part.

The Turkish-Islamic Union for Religious Affairs (Ditib), which represents more than 900 Muslim communities across the country, rejected the event in a statement accusing organisers of “hijacking and exploiting” the anti-terrorist agenda during the holy month of Ramadan.

“Calls for ‘Muslim’ anti-terror demos fall short, stigmatise Muslims, and confine international terrorism to being just among them and within their communities and mosques,” Ditib said.

It also suggested the event was “not well thought through”, saying it was unreasonable for organisers to expect fasting Muslims to march through Cologne on a day that’s expected to see temperatures of 25°C.

Instead, Ditib said it would be collecting signatures under a joint petition against terrorism and for peace during a Friday prayer.

Rally organiser Lamya Kaddor criticised the Turkish-Islamic union’s decision, writing on Twitter that the organisation has “missed a great opportunity” and has played into the hands of “Islam’s enemies”.

“Now more than ever. I appeal to everyone at DITIB to #NichtMitUns to come and take responsibility,” she added.

A number of politicians have thrown their support behind the rally, including Armin Laschet of Angela Merkel’s CDU and SPD politician Heiko Maas.

Earlier this week, around 300 imams in Austria signed a declaration calling Isis the “black sheep” of the Islamic faith.

The declaration signed by the Islamic Religious Community of Austria (IGGÖ) in Vienna condemns extremism, quoting a passage from the Quaran, which states: “When a man kills a man, it is as if he had killed all mankind.”

The Not With Us rally is expected to take place in the German city on Saturday, 17 June, a day the group says it chose specifically because it is “an important day in German history and a day in the middle of Ramadan”.

“Ramadan is the holy month in Islam. A month of peace, solidarity with the poor ... Perversely, the terrorists use this time again and again for especially many of their abominable acts.

“That’s why the month is particularly appropriate to go out into the streets and cry out to them ... ‘Not with us!’ ‘You are not one of them!’ ‘You are not us, and we are not you!’”

Isis has claimed responsibility for a string of terror attacks since it called on its followers to wage “all-out war” on the West at the start of the Muslim holy month.

The terrorist group renews its call for attacks each year at the start of Ramadan, which sees 30 days of fasting and prayer.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7792876.html
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Idealists make me laugh... Their "protest" changes absolutely nothing.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Idealists make me laugh... Their "protest" changes absolutely nothing.
    And yet, I'm sure you're one of those people who goes around saying Muslims don't speak out against the terrorists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    And yet, I'm sure you're one of those people who goes around saying Muslims don't speak out against the terrorists.
    Basically this. Its funny to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's about as many anti-extremist Muslims as there are extremist Muslims, if you're to believe the conjecture that they are of an "extreme" minority within the cult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I read "protect" first and was like "wtf did the alt-righters twist around now?". That's how far it has come!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    So there's about as many anti-extremist Muslims as there are extremist Muslims, if you're to believe the conjecture that they are of an "extreme" minority within the cult.
    Lol I like how "the majority of muslims are not extremists" is conjecture to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Damn, I read "protect" first and was like "wtf did the alt-righters twist around now?". That's how far it has come!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who read that.

Deleted
    Lol I like how "the majority of muslims are not extremists" is conjecture to you.
    Actually, they are.

Why would i say such a thing? Speaking against terrorists doesn't stop terrorism.

Try again.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

“Our faith is being abused, defiled, insulted and distorted into something unrecognisable by this."
    Weird, I recognize it just fine.

I think an issue is that, according to the Pew Institute, an extremely scary amount believe in Sharia Law. It's not unfounded when people reject the ideals of Muslims because when this many people support a barbaric law it scares people.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Actually, they are.
    I know that.... Dys is claiming it's simply conjecture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I think an issue is that, according to the Pew Institute, an extremely scary amount believe in Sharia Law. It's not unfounded when people reject the ideals of Muslims because when this many people support a barbaric law it scares people.
    Yes, Muslims in Muslim majority countries was Muslim based laws.

Just as there are Christians in Christian majority countries that want Christian based laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Frankly as a non-religious American I am more worried about christian "sharia" law than actual "Sharia law" because the chance of Muslim based law being law here is statistically smaller then me being anally probed by an alien.
    However me having to live under restrictive christian law is about 100%.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    But how are people gonna claim Muslims don't speak out agntanst terrorism now?

10+ Year Old Account

Just as there are Christians in Christian majority countries that want Christian based laws.

Christian based laws? Our modern code has its roots in the roman *pagan* one that underwent centuries of reform and improvement . Equating first world christians and third world muslims is a laughable attempt.
    "Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no fortune to the wise"

Deleted
    I feel sorry for the good kind of person who happens to be a Muslim. He projects his goodness into his faith, and through that very lens sees everything in the faith in a distorted fashion, and thus becomes blind to the reality of it. Due to the distortion of his vision on his faith, he realizes not that when those with a clear sight look into his faith that they see what he sees not, and most likely see what is closer to objective truth than he does. Most Muslims would probably get a severe sense of shock if they dug deep into Islamic texts, which are some of the most cruel texts you will find in history.

To give you an example, at one point eight men participated in the murder of a shepherd, but to varying degrees probably. What Muslims call the most perfect, forgiving and merciful person in the history and future of mankind, Mohammad, rather than punishing them swiftly, he instead cut their feet off, then hands, then heated nails and gouged their eyes out, then let them stay on the ground in Medina with extreme heat, and whilst they asked for water (having no hands nor feet nor eyes in the meanwhile), they got it not, and died.

Another example is that a slave-wife of a blind man used to disparage Mohammad and criticize him, and for reasons we all hopefully can understand and symphatize with. Why would she not when the same man ordered that Muslim men who did not attend mosques daily had to be burned to death? (In Islam, going to the mosque is obligatory for men; everything that promotes a collective unity and spirit is exceptionally good.) So, the slave-wife of a blind Muslim man often criticized Muhammad in private, and at one point the man couldn't take it any longer and so took a knife to her belly and killed her. A child of hers was covered in blood. Next day, Muhammad angrily wanted to know who did it, and the man, shocked and scared, came forth and said he only did it to protect the Prophet against abusive language. The man was forgiven.

"Good" Muslims are blind to these sorts of narratives, and only are able to grasp what their preachers tell them in a very laughable general sense (e.g., "Muhammad was most merciful! Most forgiving! He was so nice and kind!")

And, the "good Muslims" don't realize that when extremist groups kill people for mocking Muhammad that they are doing exactly what Muhammad saw as a wonderful action. They don't realize that when ISIS kill even children (anyone over puberty is not a child in Islam; one pubic hair on a child means he is an adult) who watch football rather than pray, they are doing exactly what Mohammad was doing when he commanded that hypocrtices be burned if they don't attend mosques.

This is why I don't like when "good Muslims" preach against extremists. Their religion is extreme. It would be as stupid as a Nazi protesting against "extreme Nazis" who happened to dislike other races than whites. Well, that's sort of part of the whole agenda and ideology.

Instead, Muslims should look at their religion. Take a good look at it. They'll hopefully see it for what it is.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-16 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekach View Post
    Christian based laws? Our modern code has its roots in the roman *pagan* one that underwent centuries of reform and improvement . Equating first world christians and third world muslims is a laughable attempt.
    Let's ask folks like Mike "Shocking the gay out of children" Pence about that!

15+ Year Old Account
    Magna carta baby!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Not all of those countries are muslim majority countries.