Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Jaylock does
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

7+ Year Old Account
    unofficially it is rokhan, cause damn blizzard don't give a shit about the horde lore and we will pass a entire expansion again without a racial leader

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Characters have to die. It isn't horrible writing. They decided he dies and he died. Just because you wanted to see more of Vol'jin and did not, it doesn't mean it is horrible writing. They do with their characters as they please and it is still writing. You may like, you may dislike it, but it definitely isn't horrible.
    are you fucking serious lol? in the vol'jin case is obvious horrible writing to give sylvannas the spotlight and the tittle

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Nobody atm.
    Those are our leaders now

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    are you fucking serious lol? in the vol'jin case is obvious horrible writing to give sylvannas the spotlight and the tittle
    Then half of Warcraft is horribly written and most of the character's ending wasn't good enough; in this case we can consider mediocre writing a standard and Vol'jin is no exception to this. Arthas(possibly the most iconic character of Warcraft) died through a deus ex plot, Kael'thas did senseless stuff all over TBC and didn't even know what he was doing the entire expansion, Daelin died because his daughter betrayed him and nobody ever blamed her for it(lol) and so much more. Not to mention how Cenarius, Illidan, Kael'thas and then some got a resurrection each.

Now, you do realize that characters have always been killed with the intention to progress the story and alternate characters with it? That is how things go. Why is everyone expecting Vol'jin to get some special treatment? Just because you like Vol'jin or wanted to see more of him doesn't mean that it is how the creators of the story/universe see it. Whoever complains is simply mad/annoyed/frustrated that the story didn't go the way they wanted or because they had higher expectations than they should've had.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-06-17 at 03:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then half of Warcraft is horribly written and most of the character's ending wasn't good enough; in this case we can consider mediocre writing a standard and Vol'jin is no exception to this. Arthas(possibly the most iconic character of Warcraft) died through a deus ex plot, Kael'thas did senseless stuff all over TBC and didn't even know what he was doing the entire expansion, Daelin died because his daughter betrayed him and nobody ever blamed her for it(lol) and so much more. Not to mention how Cenarius, Illidan, Kael'thas and then some got a resurrection each.

Now, you do realize that characters have always been killed with the intention to progress the story and alternate characters with it? That is how things go. Why is everyone expecting Vol'jin to get some special treatment? Just because you like Vol'jin or wanted to see more of him doesn't mean that it is how the creators of the story/universe see it. Whoever complains is simply mad/annoyed/frustrated that the story didn't go the way they wanted or because they had higher expectations than they should've had.
    did you just compare Arthas to a troll who get the warchief mantle to do nothing and just die another expansion to give sylvannas spotlight? serious?

tell me another racial leader who get this bullshit treatment, we do not want special treatment for him, we just want good writing, you gonna kill him? fine make it worth a good death, and good meaning, and something to fill his place in the trolls like they did with other leaders and with Varyan, Something planned not pulling from the ass
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-06-17 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I have no idea and honestly I don't care. Vol'jin was the only Troll character with a degree of respectable development, without him all that's left is a bunch of cardboards or way too minor characters. Which means it matters not who leads, is not gonna matter a damn thing.

Then half of Warcraft is horribly written and most of the character's ending wasn't good enough; in this case we can consider mediocre writing a standard and Vol'jin as no exception for this.
    Give me a break. The way Blizzard handled Vol'jin's character was below their usual standards even. To the point that the only time the character truly shined was within a novel written by an actually competent author.

Arthas died through a deus ex mechanism, Kael'thas did senseless stuff all over TBC and didn't even know what he was doing the entire expansion, Daelin died because his daughter betrayed him and nobody ever blamed her for it(lol) and so much more. Not to mention how Cenarius, Illidan, Kael'thas and then some got a resurrection each, yet nobody is arguing that.
    A satisfying death is not necessarily determined from something epic or awesome but from the kind of closure it brings to the character. Arthas' story got a good enough closure. Daelin wasn't that big of a character in Warcraft and his death served a precise purpose. Kael'thas was handled awfully in TBC, true, but in WC3 (the expansion set) alone was well fleshed out and in the end you could somewhat understand his motives in TBC, even though everything felt cheap and convenient. Resurrections are another matter entirely.

Now, you do realize that characters have always been killed with the intention to progress the story and alternate characters? That is how things go. Why is everyonr expecting Vol'jin to get some special treatment? Just because you like Vol'jin or wanted to see more of him doesn't mean that it is how the creators of the story/universe see it. Whoever complains is simply mad/annoyed/frustrated that the story didn't go the way they wanted or because they had higher expectations than they should've had.
    Nope, this is not how things should go. Vol'jin and Sylvanas are not closely related enough to justify the death of one as progression for the other. Like, you know, Daelin for Jaina or Varian for Anduin. It would be tolerable as mere plot point but as "closure" for the character is absolutely atrocious. If that's truly the case than is indeed a case of hilariously shitty writing and a tacit admission of incompetence from Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

It would have to be Rokhan if blizz ever gets round to redoing the Troll starting zone to represent the more currant events.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I have no idea and honestly I don't care. Vol'jin was the only Troll character with a degree of respectable development, without him all that's left is a bunch of cardboards or way too minor characters. Which means it matters not who leads, is not gonna matter a damn thing.
    This reminds me of this for some reason (4th paragraph, to be specific).

Give me a break. The way Blizzard handled Vol'jin's character was below their usual standards even.
    below their usual standards even.
    their usual standards
    standards
    Blizzard
    I don't even...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I actually fee like Vanira is a likely candidate, seeing as she was shown to work closely with Vol'jin when she was first introduced and appears to hold a good degree of authority within the Darkspear tribe. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Since i think Vol'jin had 3 childeren one of them is next in line then again we never seen any of them ingame.
    Actually, Vol'jin's youngest son is present in a questchain in Stranglethorn Vale.
    Last edited by The5thVegetable; 2017-06-17 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I must have missed something but sure as hell

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Night elves, night elves, night elves, are SHIIIIIIITE !
    was funny to read again.

I don't even...
    Eh, never said those standards were good standards. If anything is just the more shocking the ability to do worse than that.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Sylvanas I guess.

it depends on how leadership of the darkspear tribe is handled.

if it's inherited, the eldest of his three sons should be leader.

I thought it was jaylock
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I must have missed something but sure as hell

was funny to read again.
    Well, you not caring about Trolls, Macespringermoon not caring about Night Elves. A bit similar. Of course the hyperbolized drama was missing, but can't have everything. Besides, the point of the comparison was more about the poster than the post itself oO

Eh, never said those standards were good standards. If anything is just the more shocking the ability to do worse than that.
    I still object to calling their... whatever it is, standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The spirit of Zuni.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, you not caring about Trolls, Macespringermoon not caring about Night Elves. A bit similar. Of course the hyperbolized drama was missing, but can't have everything. Besides, the point of the comparison was more about the poster than the post itself oO
    It's more that I don't care who leads them, logical enough considered how no sufficiently developed figures remain. It may be one, it may be another, it just doesn't make the difference.

Blizzard is doing nothing but constantly shooting itself on the foot from Cataclysm on, now they're reaping the sowing and I expect more horseshit coming.

Speaking of the poster, I wonder where those lovable people went. I miss my weekly Night Elf fanwank.

Rokhan. When you get the PvP Artifact skin and go turn it in with all the leaders present, Rokhan is there for the Horde side as the Darkspear representative.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I thought it was jaylock
    That would explain a few things.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    The spirit of Zuni.
    Of course! Why did we not see this before? OF COURSE it's Zuni!

I know Rokan is under developed but I would like him as racial leader. It would be cool if they don't make him just Vol'jin 2.0 though, but depict him as more aggressive and "I don't take crap from no one" character or more pro aggressive Horde (not villain, just aggressive).

I mean trolls have enough loose ends to have pretty decent story arc with Zandalar sinking and uniting troll tribes and such, Blizzard just has to choose character which will bring it all together. Don't see why it couldn't be Rokhan since he already had minor setup in TFT.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-06-17 at 05:11 PM.