As I am leveling is it normal to feel a bit jealous over other class AOE?

I don't want to change from ass as it is my character theme, coming from all the way back from everquest and I do enjoy the bleed poison life style

Question I have is my approach is as follows

Yard trash: AOE spam fan of knifes

Yard trash+ a regular mob: nail regular mob with rupture/garrote then aoe spam fan of knifes, drop a envenom on mob when I stack 5 combo points

Boss fights: garrote/rupture then vanish then do it again from stealth and nail down some envenoms inbetween. (I use the stealth dmg bonus)

Plan when I get to 100: grab death from above because it sounds so cool? not to concerned if its mathematically inferior to the others at this point as I am a defined scrub

Any thoughts? right now I just feel a bit not as useful as some of the other classes blowing up packs but the buff to FOK has helped.

Thanks folks!

You simply are not going to blow up trash packs like other classess or specs will. Imo assass is not the one you want for world content/low dungeons.

If you are set in stone though.. you can use subterfuge and tripple garrote trash on pull. DfA is pretty bad for assass, but it really does look cool ill give you that. Spamming fan wont get you far its what you do with the extra cps. If you get bag of tricks artifact talent you can fish for poison bombs with fan into rupture spreading or envenoms. In world content you are not as useful and that isnt going to change in legion. I find outlaw to be the very best world spec in game(aside from dh Obviously)amd assass the very worst.

Gear has a role to play, but I find it much easier to solo the rare elites on the Broken shore as assassin than I do for the other specs. And assassin isn't that bad at world content. Spec nightstalker and open with 2 mutilates and envenom and that kills most mobs, maybe throw in rupture or garrote if the mob has more hp.

Yeah it's normal bro. Everyone wants to do well in all situations with their class but it just doesn't work out that way (anymore lol). When I play my Aff lock I hate you melee because you can have a pack dead before I can get SoC off in low(no) key content. If you love it just stick with it, numbers aren't everything, you'll find good play will get your farther than more dps.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

It is normal man, each class and spec lacks something. Just enjoy the game

Deleted
    Assassination is the one trick pony, can only do one thing well, single target, and it´s not even top at that.

tbh, assassination is a shit lvl'ing spec ..outlaw is much better

Level with either sub or outlaw and you will have a lot more fun, both are much more rounded specs.

Assa is one of the worst AoE spec compared to other classes I think. Level as Outlaw MoD -> 2 click kills.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    I don't want to change from ass as it is my character theme
    If you purposely go for the spec with less AoE capabilities don't be jealous of those that did.

SiN has no valuable AoE potential. This doesn't change at 110 nor with all the best gear you can get.

Why this is still the case is simple to anwer: (Rogue) class developers are utter and complete dimwits.

Warriors: great ST, great AoE
    DHs: Great ST, great AoE
    Warlocks: Great ST, great AoE
    Mages: Great ST, great AoE
    etc
    etc

Rogue devs should be fired on the spot.