Frost w/ BiS Legendaries VS. UH w/ Lower Legendaries

I have bracers and belt as Frost, while I only have the ambiguous legendaries (trinket, boots, belt) for UH. Do I keep playing Frost with my loot set to UH or will I do more DPS as UH?

Thanks!

I've got Coldheart and Instructor's for Unholy. Excellent single target, which will only get better with the Shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I've got Coldheart and Instructor's for Unholy. Excellent single target, which will only get better with the Shoulders.
    Why did you even type this. You didn't answer his question just wrote a random sentence about your unholy.

P.S. ???????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post
    I have bracers and belt as Frost, while I only have the ambiguous legendaries (trinket, boots, belt) for UH. Do I keep playing Frost with my loot set to UH or will I do more DPS as UH?

Thanks!
    Id say stick to frost since those are top 3 frost legendarys, and u need at least some unholy legendary and a good cross spec (prydaz, trinket) in order to beat your frost legendarys.

Or just go ahead and test your current setups and find out yourself what does best dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post

Thanks!
    At which ilvl / artifact lvl are your weapons? As always its probably best to sim yourself in both specs or test both specs in the Content you are doing and decide based on it, and which spec is more fun to you. The difference between UH and Frost isnt as big as it was between frost and UH in Nighthold.

Im in a similiar Situation right now. My frost weapon is way higher in Terms of ilvl and artifact lvl and i have only one UH legendary (helm). Im only missing one frost legendary (coldheart) as soon as it Drops i Switch lootspec to UH.

For now i will stay frost.

Gonna' go with the obvious answer first: Play the spec you prefer. Unless you're progressing on mythic, forcing yourself to play something you might not like as much, is not necessary, and unholy and frost does seem to be rather close in terms of dps at the moment (mind you, this is based on early ToS logs, so it is likely subject to change).

That said, I'd say sticking to frost is probably your best bet considering your legendaries, when it comes to possible dps output. At least until you get an actual damage legendary for unholy.

Also, as previously said in this thread. Simming yourself is a pretty good way of figuring out what spec you can deal the most damage with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Why did you even type this. You didn't answer his question just wrote a random sentence about your unholy.
    Dude, bragging about your gear is the best answer you can possibly give to the OPs' question. The only thing he did wrong, was not telling us about his item level aswell. Trust me, it's amazingly relevant to this thread.

I have the same problem with the OP. Got all legendaries for frost except chest and trinket. And soon I'll get my 4th set piece and I'm not sure if I wanna stay frost till I get legendary chest or swap to UH with 4 set. Got soul of deathlord yesterday and probably have 1-2 weeks ahead for next leggy. Got no UH legendaries at all /sigh. decisions, decisions..

sim and also go hit a dummy with each spec and see which does more damage. If the damage is similar then you'll probably do more as unholy in raids unless it's one of the few fights where you can sit there and tunnel. Either way keep your loot spec as unholy because it's the clear winner in ToS and doesn't seem like blizz intends on doing anything about frost after overnerfing it and its tier when coming into an already unfriendly BoS raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post

P.S. ???????

- - - Updated - - -

Id say stick to frost since those are top 3 frost legendarys, and u need at least some unholy legendary and a good cross spec (prydaz, trinket) in order to beat your frost legendarys.

Or just go ahead and test your current setups and find out yourself what does best dmg.
    You wouldn't even believe what happened. I'd posted that, went into edit with more info and I've only just gotten my internet back!

To continue what I was saying, Unholy is probably better for single target than Frost though it's extremely legendary reliant. If you want Dark Arbiter to do great, you need Cold Heart and Shoulders, or Cold Heart and Bracers or Cold Heart and Soul. Though if you don't have those and have Seal and Bracers or Seal and Waist, it's a better shout than Unholy. Though it also depends on your ilevel and so on. It's hard to say, since there's a lot of things that factor in. Stat weights etc. Cliched answer is, sim your two setups and see which one works better!