Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Denmark’s Social Democrats, DF join in criticism of PM over free movement

The leaders of the Social Democrats, Denmark’s biggest opposition party, and the populist Danish People’s Party (DF) want Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen to take measures against free movement within the EU.
    Foreign workers are exerting a negative influence on wages and employment conditions in Denmark, a say the leaders of the two parties.

EU nationals claiming social welfare in Denmark as well as people travelling to Denmark to beg are also cited by Social Democrat leader Mette Frederiksen and her DF counterpart Kristian Thulesen Dahl as reasons why free movement should be curbed.

The two are now demanding negotiations with Rasmussen over the issue, reports the Jyllands-Posten newspaper.

An increasing level of cooperation between the two parties, who are traditionally political foes, can now influence Danish policy on the EU, says the report.

“The prime minister must take a lead on the problems with free movement and call for negotiations, so that a Danish offensive on the EU regarding free movement can begin,” Dahl told Jyllands-Posten.

Frederiksen told the newspaper that the issue should be at the top of the government’s priorities.

“It’s no good this being anything other than a top priority for the government and the prime minister. And it clearly isn’t,” the Social Democrat leader said.

Prior to the last election in 2015, Rasmussen himself criticised foreign workers that he dubbed “strawberry pickers” for coming to Denmark, working a small number of weekly hours and sending child support money out of the country.

But the two major parties not in government – the Social Democrats and DF – say that no major movement has been made on the issue since Rasmussen regained the prime minister’s office.

Rasmussen told Jyllands-Posten that he rejected the criticism.

“But the challenge is not gaining support for these opinions in Denmark. The challenge is in ensuring enough support in Europe,” the PM said.

“My door is always open to specific suggestions,” he added.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20170616/den...riticism-of-pm

Hopefully they'll stay true to this in the future!

Deleted
    Just curious, what do you racist shitbags think will happen when your politicians are voted in and you get your nasty little racist heaven of insularity?

The UK is actually in the process of kicking its foreigners outand it is becoming painfully obvious the country is fucked. Just a thought.

(Infracted) - Minor Flaming
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-20 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Just curious, what do you racist shitbags think will happen when your politicians are voted in and you get your nasty little racist heaven of insularity?

The UK is actually in the process of kicking its foreigners outand it is becoming painfully obvious the country is fucked. Just a thought.
    Controlling movement to your country isn't racist.

It's always cute when people can't differentiate between immigration, illegal immigration and taking in large numbers of refugees. Then play the If you're against one, you're a racist who is against all of them! card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    If you are too pathetic to openly state what you believe in you aren't going to persuade any one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    It's always cute when people can't differentiate between immigration, illegal immigration and taking in large numbers of refugees. Then play the If you're against one, you're a racist who is against all of them! card.
    That's a big fucking card.

If you are too pathetic to openly state what you believe in you aren't going to persuade any one.
    I believe in controlling movement of people to my country. That's openly stating what I believe in. Did you even read the article linked?

"Foreign workers are exerting a negative influence on wages and employment conditions in Denmark, a say the leaders of the two parties.

EU nationals claiming social welfare in Denmark as well as people travelling to Denmark to beg are also cited by Social Democrat leader Mette Frederiksen and her DF counterpart Kristian Thulesen Dahl as reasons why free movement should be curbed."

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    If you're against two (regular immigration and accepting refugees) and constantly exaggerate the second (illegal immigration) then people start to suspect that you're not being honest about your motives.

Deleted
    I believe in controlling movement of people to my country. That's openly stating what I believe in.
    Yes, yes and the KKK aren't racist they just believe in lynching negroes.

Why not just say what you actually mean? You are not fooling anybody, even yourself, I suspect. It will feel really good to say what you actually think for once.

But you are.

Yes, yes and the KKK aren't racist they just believe in lynching negroes.

Why not just say what you actually mean? You are not fooling anybody, even yourself, I suspect. It will feel really good to say what you actually think for once.
    I just said what I mean. It's not my fault you think there is some ulterior motive due to your own paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Wtf is wrong with you. Someone escaped from the looney bin. Majority opinion in: the US, UK, Sweden as of recently, Mexico, CA and many many more is that of heavily regulated immagration. IS your claim that well over 80% of the world is racist. And if that's true then maybe racism is the human path. Or maybe you just have no idea what racism means. I think that's the one.

- - - Updated - - -

No you. Now isn't this fun.
    Well, when every post you make is a racist rant you are most likely are a racist, are you not?

I've never seen a thread moving so quickly to being locked when the OP was a rather benign post.

Link me a racist post by them then. Actual racist, not the tenured marxist college professor definition.
    You can click on the usename and have a look at that persons posts. I'm sure you'll manage on your own.

Deleted
    Hehe, took 1 comment to pull the racist card in a topic about free movement. The amount of suicidal selfhating globalist communists on this forum is amazing

Being against open, unchecked immigration is not equal to being a racist.

The side pulling the "RACISM!!!!"-card as soon as there's discussion are just as bad as those on the opposite side of the spectrum.

However, the OP's history on these forums suggest he's part of that opposite side, so referring only to him, you might be on the right track.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-20 at 10:24 PM.

Not necessarily. But considering your post history, you are. Half your threads are Eurosceptic nonsense, which is OK, it's your right to post nonsense. The other half are evenly split between white supremacist trash and Islamophobic rubbish, which is not OK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    Hehe, took 1 comment to pull the racist card in a topic about free movement. The amount of suicidal selfhating globalist communists on this forum is amazing
    Globalist is literally Crypto Nazi talk for anyone who isn't a fascist and racist enough. By that standard being a globalist is literally a badge of honor.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes me sick to my stomach. Where do these self hating troglodytes come from? Never mind. It appears the answer is: from universities. These propaganda camps need to be shutdown and education needs to make a return.
    I don't hate myself. Quite opposite. I love myself. And I tend to look out for my own interests first and foremost. But I don't make a point out of trying to hurt others or make others miserable in the process.

Also, I actually understand reality and economics beyond the nationalist/protectionist woo-woo, which has about much practical use as horse drawn carriages have in urban transportation. A peculiarity from a bygone time, that is still around as an overpriced tourist attraction.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's always the same really, some farmers need seasonal workers who work for low wages and all you get is listening to the sound of crickets, so eventually someone from a region with low wages comes by and takes the job, since what he is earning is still higher than what he would earn at home he will of course use it to support his family. You have two choices: raise wages and demand a decent command of Danish, I'd say C2 level at least. It may yield the results you are looking for, if not I heard strawberries make decent compost.

I mean we are pretty used to Polish asparagus pickers since decades and farmers even provide free lodging, it's not a job the common farmer here would do and certainly not at the level of pay.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I believe in controlling movement of people to my country. That's openly stating what I believe in. Did you even read the article linked?

"Foreign workers are exerting a negative influence on wages and employment conditions in Denmark, a say the leaders of the two parties.

EU nationals claiming social welfare in Denmark as well as people travelling to Denmark to beg are also cited by Social Democrat leader Mette Frederiksen and her DF counterpart Kristian Thulesen Dahl as reasons why free movement should be curbed."
    What you should be really looking at it whether this effect is balanced by the advantages of being in the free-trade zone, being able to attract high-skill talent from across Europe and the tourism boon of open borders.

The UK seems to have ignored these issues and we're looking pretty fucked because of it - nurse recruitment for the NHS has plummeted, businesses are making plans to move away or warning of stark times ahead and if we lose the financial services passports we could be majorly fucked as London is the pretty much the only part of the country with finances in the black.

The leaders of the Social Democrats, Denmark’s biggest opposition party, and the populist Danish People’s Party (DF) want Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen to take measures against free movement within the EU.
    Foreign workers are exerting a negative influence on wages and employment conditions in Denmark, a say the leaders of the two parties.

EU nationals claiming social welfare in Denmark as well as people travelling to Denmark to beg are also cited by Social Democrat leader Mette Frederiksen and her DF counterpart Kristian Thulesen Dahl as reasons why free movement should be curbed.

The two are now demanding negotiations with Rasmussen over the issue, reports the Jyllands-Posten newspaper.

An increasing level of cooperation between the two parties, who are traditionally political foes, can now influence Danish policy on the EU, says the report.

“The prime minister must take a lead on the problems with free movement and call for negotiations, so that a Danish offensive on the EU regarding free movement can begin,” Dahl told Jyllands-Posten.

Frederiksen told the newspaper that the issue should be at the top of the government’s priorities.

“It’s no good this being anything other than a top priority for the government and the prime minister. And it clearly isn’t,” the Social Democrat leader said.

Prior to the last election in 2015, Rasmussen himself criticised foreign workers that he dubbed “strawberry pickers” for coming to Denmark, working a small number of weekly hours and sending child support money out of the country.

But the two major parties not in government – the Social Democrats and DF – say that no major movement has been made on the issue since Rasmussen regained the prime minister’s office.

Rasmussen told Jyllands-Posten that he rejected the criticism.

“But the challenge is not gaining support for these opinions in Denmark. The challenge is in ensuring enough support in Europe,” the PM said.

“My door is always open to specific suggestions,” he added.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20170616/den...riticism-of-pm

Hopefully they'll stay true to this in the future!
    "Yes, let's talk about symptoms... please, don't try to solve the cause of all of this. Let's sacrifice one of the major pillars of the EU without accomplishing fuck all. I'm sure the stupid in this country will fall for it..."

Because populistic bullshit like this has done so great recently, or ever.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What you should be really looking at it whether this effect is balanced by the advantages of being in the free-trade zone, being able to attract high-skill talent from across Europe and the tourism boon of open borders.

The UK seems to have ignored these issues and we're looking pretty fucked because of it - nurse recruitment for the NHS has plummeted, businesses are making plans to move away or warning of stark times ahead and if we lose the financial services passports we could be majorly fucked as London is the pretty much the only part of the country with finances in the black.
    These are not all or nothing choices - a nation could well choose to accept high-skill immigration and all tourism while rejecting low-skill immigration.

This would be contra to the principle of the EU, but a perfectly reasonable approach for non-European immigrants.