Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd be inclined to say that they're more noticable now since Blizzard lowered the impact of leaving a group. Pretty sad that people can only act like decent players and not waste other people's time without the threat of some sort of punishment looming...

However, this is not new, and the best way to negate it throughout this game's entire history, was to gather people around yourself and stay clear of pugs.

I always heal M+. Sometimes I leave if the group is just being ridiculously stupid and standing in and getting hit by every possible thing they can to make my life harder on grievous. Or people stacking huge amounts of bursting and making me blow every cd I have because they can't wait 2 sec to kill another mob.

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalModerator View Post
    If M+ is nerfed because of widespread player toxicity, doesn't that mean the trolls win?
    Yes, it does. That's why it's better to just black list rage quitters. It's not like rage quitting is new to Wow.
    Last edited by darklady; 2017-06-19 at 04:25 AM.

Stopped doing them months ago (even in my guild), and would never bother with full pug groups, especially when running with your own key.

Blizzards aware of what group droppers etc do to a mythic + run, but are too afraid of hurting player fee fees to impose any sort of appropriate response to said bad behavior. Best of luck, you're just going to see more of this sort of thing in the future rather than less of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Im pretty sure its neither selective memory nor short term variance , i did like 9 runs? 3 afkers , 4 rage quiters for literally no reason (the runs were perfect) , i had to finish two of my +10 stones with 4 people.

I have never faced so many trolls at once , people right now die and they just get pissed and leave or if something doesnt go their way they just quit , mythic+ is now pure aids for those who pug with their stones and it used to be much more fun before the new patch , i think the new changes on depleted stones made the matter worse because people dont even feel any guilt about ruining your stone or your fun.

Blizzard has chosen the wrong way to fix the mythic+ problem and they have made the whole thing really annoying , other games like league of legends punish afkers and trolls , i think blizzard should punish harshly those who ruin other people's game , it is retarded to join a stone and expect EVERYTHING to go your way , if ur gonna leave on the first mistake then you shouldnt even consider to join the group , i had someone who left my group BECAUSE I DECIDED TO PULL THE TRASH AND HE USED HIS CDS ON THEM AND DIDNT HAVE ANY FOR THE BOSS AND I WAS TERRIBLE FOR DOING THIS. My stone is down to +9 from +13 because of 4 trolls in a row , it starts to remind me of lol , please dont make wow like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard should either completely remove mythic+ or decrease their influence ALOT on pve gear (right now its the fastest way to gear up , faster even than mythic raiding) , at its current state it should have as influence on gear as the brawl challenge or the mage tower , it should be a pure challenge for progress hunters and not a gear up method.

And while you are at it , remove warforged , legendaries and titanforged aswell.
    I am not sure "Trolling" means what you seem to think it means.... Someone dying and leaving is not "trolling". Trolling is when i join Mythic+ and Wipe the group on purpose. If you are going to start a rant post at least know the lingo you are trying to use so you dont end up looking silly.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Stopped doing them months ago (even in my guild), and would never bother with full pug groups, especially when running with your own key.

Blizzards aware of what group droppers etc do to a mythic + run, but are too afraid of hurting player fee fees to impose any sort of appropriate response to said bad behavior. Best of luck, you're just going to see more of this sort of thing in the future rather than less of it.
    Or they're worried about it affecting people's internet dropping out, which is out of their control?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I do 10-20 mythic + a week and I can't remember the last time I depleted a key, try to be more stringent in who you invite maybe?
    Are you one of those who requires applicants to have every m+ completed on at least +20 before you invite them to a +10?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I do 10-20 mythic + a week and I can't remember the last time I depleted a key, try to be more stringent in who you invite maybe?
    Same. I just can't believe that OP is telling the truth, it's either extremely bad luck or he is lying or not telling something (which is more probable).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Are you one of those who requires applicants to have every m+ completed on at least +20 before you invite them to a +10?
    No, you just add good players to your whitelist and schedule runs with them instead of playing with complete strangers
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should push higher keys. +10 is terrible because everyone wants them. Try +15. There's no reward, so only people who like M+ doing them. I did 5 keys this week and had only one leaver.

That said, I agree with you. If someone leaves M+ for any reason, he should be banned for a week.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure its neither selective memory nor short term variance , i did like 9 runs? 3 afkers , 4 rage quiters for literally no reason (the runs were perfect) , i had to finish two of my +10 stones with 4 people.
    So run with guild group? It works so much better. People are people.

But with the latest changes, there's really no point in running M+ anymore (if you're a raider).

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, you just add good players to your whitelist and schedule runs with them instead of playing with complete strangers
    Well then that's not pugging. Running with people from your friendlist barely differs from running with guildies, in both cases they're people you already know.

Of course "just run with guild / friends" is a good solution against trolls it just doesn't have much to do with brags "I pug all day and always pick great players never a rude / bad / ragequitting one".

The common pug approach is "just turn the requirements up to 11 that'll solve it" (ilvl, achievement, wowprogress score, you name it), but these only force the people to jump through various hoops to be even able to join a group and still don't filter all of the unwanted players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The common pug approach is "just turn the requirements up to 11 that'll solve it" (ilvl, achievement, wowprogress score, you name it), but these only force the people to jump through various hoops to be even able to join a group and still don't filter all of the unwanted players.
    It really doesn't solve anything, and people who do that usually either quit making pug raids/groups, or understand that it doesn't work. Or they don't learn, spend an hour creating a group that falls apart in a matter of minutes

"Pugging" M+ dungeons that require just 4 more people is mind boggling. Especially considering how often you can do these runs and how long they've been around.

I had couple of quitters before the change and that's it. All of them were tauren paladins and they both quit at ~18-20 key of HoV after getting wrecked by dragons on first boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I think it's less of a symptom of the patch changes and more related to the specific affix combo this week. At least in EU it's bursting + quaking, which is absolute cancer for a pug.

Any combo that forces the entire group to agree on what to kill every trash pack, while still playing at a low(ish) m+ where mobs die too fast is just begging for problems. Even in guild groups I find myself frustrated that I don't get to just "unleash" myself and at times have felt like just leaving because having to reign in dps is just bullshit.

It's like being given a ferrari and being forced to only drive 35km/h. It's just not a fun feeling and definitely not why I play. Pacing DPS sometimes as parts of boss mechanics is fine, every single trash pack? Not fine.

There is no flawless way to fix this system.

Assuming you have people ragequit from the group, the first person who up and quits unexpectedly, their account gets locked out for 2x the length of the timer to successfully complete the dungeon and upgrade. The rest of the group gets returned to the entrance outside of the instance with their stone fully recharged.

Assuming you have someone who AFKs and sits there, the group can activate a ready check, if the active people press yes, then the AFKer gets a self-ready-check that lasts 10 seconds and if they fail, that person gets ejected. The rest of the group gets returned outside, minus the AFKer with their stone recharged.

Let blizzard put something in to counter attempted abuse at that system, such as punishing the person spamming the ready check with the same punishment as the person who ragequits.

The system is not perfect, it can be abused a bit, but it saves alot of grief.

1. Any key you really care about should be run with people you know and can count on.
    2. If someone does leave a group when you think that's uncalled for, add them to ignore so you never invite them again.
    3. Worst case scenario is your key downgrades by one level, in which case you build a better group and go again.
    4. Remember it's just a game and try to have fun when you play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    I quit M+10 and up groups on purpose now to protest Blizzard messing with the Mythic+ system.

And I urge you to do the same.
    You're probably already on my in-game ignore list, but if you'll message me your Blizz ID, I'll add you so we don't waste each others time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit M+10 and up groups on purpose now to protest Blizzard messing with the Mythic+ system.

That just makes you a cunt, and makes no difference to blizzard. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Same. I just can't believe that OP is telling the truth, it's either extremely bad luck or he is lying or not telling something (which is more probable).

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^This. Anytime you and some pugs feel you've had a good run together, add each other and put a note to remember who they are. "Good healer very patient in that 16 DHT" something like that. When you're filling your next M+, you can scroll through friends rather than inviting strangers.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who pulls a boss after being dropped from a raid, anyone who leaves M+ without good reason - these go straight on my ignore list. Doesn't mean I never get problem players in pugs, but at least I never get the same ones twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    That just makes you a cunt, and makes no difference to blizzard. Grow up.
    Chances are he's full of shit and is just saying this to upset people in this thread.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

So you're an angry child who spoils other peoples' runs to send messages to a third party in a way that won't be received as such? What a winner you are!

OT: I just do M+ dungeons when I have time and see a run that looks appealing, but I had a M+5 (yes, I know, simple) Nelth Lair this week where one guy dc'd right after entering and didn't say anything or come back. Not sure if it was a troll or just someone with internet issues, but we got through in time for the stone to get the +3 upgrade regardless so I guess we were just lucky it was a dps. I have not had this issue too much, although I've had people rage quit a few times, often as a result of stupid shit that THEY did.

I have never faced so many trolls at once , people right now die and they just get pissed and leave or if something doesnt go their way they just quit , mythic+ is now pure aids for those who pug with their stones and it used to be much more fun before the new patch , i think the new changes on depleted stones made the matter worse because people dont even feel any guilt about ruining your stone or your fun.

Blizzard has chosen the wrong way to fix the mythic+ problem and they have made the whole thing really annoying , other games like league of legends punish afkers and trolls , i think blizzard should punish harshly those who ruin other people's game , it is retarded to join a stone and expect EVERYTHING to go your way , if ur gonna leave on the first mistake then you shouldnt even consider to join the group , i had someone who left my group BECAUSE I DECIDED TO PULL THE TRASH AND HE USED HIS CDS ON THEM AND DIDNT HAVE ANY FOR THE BOSS AND I WAS TERRIBLE FOR DOING THIS. My stone is down to +9 from +13 because of 4 trolls in a row , it starts to remind me of lol , please dont make wow like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard should either completely remove mythic+ or decrease their influence ALOT on pve gear (right now its the fastest way to gear up , faster even than mythic raiding) , at its current state it should have as influence on gear as the brawl challenge or the mage tower , it should be a pure challenge for progress hunters and not a gear up method.

And while you are at it , remove warforged , legendaries and titanforged aswell.
    yes blizzard defiently should start punishing toxic people in game - problem is they wont because 99% of toxic d-bags are blizzard beloved slightly retarded crowd aka raiders whom blizzard will defend to death regardless of how negative impact it has on game

other games deal with this ruthlessly and fast only blizzard act like nothing happens.

thats why game went to shit and lost most of subs.

there are simple solutions to be made - like : if someone leaves before timer is out or gets removed from group he gets banned till end of reset - i guarantee you groups would be 1000% more civilised instantly
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-06-19 at 06:25 AM.