Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The thing about immigration is that they do cherry pick the smart people from other countries. What does that leave the country with? normal to subpar infrastructure. When you take smart people from other countries it leaves the in a worse spot making them worse off economicaly and leaving all the bad seeds to rot, if you take all the good seeds how will the country grow it wont and will die. like with syria and other countries canada shouldnt take immagrants.

Canada could spend the money better by helping the people rebuild the land and towns. They could hire the syrians or import canadian workers to help and boost the econemy of canadians too. Instead of bringing the problems to canada stop the problem at the root , weed out the bad seeds and let the good ones grow so the country can recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Everyone was thinking the same in the US with Trump becoming president and all, tech companies with their ultra lefty employees considered moving to Canada.

And then the employees saw the housing costs.
    Considering most of those companies are in California, I doubt housing costs anywhere else can scare them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathchainin View Post
    The thing about immigration is that they do cherry pick the smart people from other countries. What does that leave the country with? normal to subpar infrastructure.
    If the migrants send money to their families, as they generally do, that acts as a significant stimulus to the country.

Additionally I think you are overestimating natural intelligent and underestimating how much that is a product of environment. It is a lot easier to get smarter in Canada than Syria. At some stage many of these people will want to go home also.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If you were starting from scratch and wanted to live in north america then Canada is certainly the best choice.
    If you were starting from scratch, you wouldn't be able to afford a house in most of the populated parts of this country.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Indeed. The house market is in fucking shambles.
    Realistically yeah, I mean if your going to Canada you will most likely just end up in Vancouver or Toronto and who can afford to live there? The rest of Canada is either jobless, French or uninhabitable due to climate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Considering most of those companies are in California, I doubt housing costs anywhere else can scare them.
    Well, the Silicon Valley area, that's true. But they wouldn't even be thinking about high housing costs if it wasn't a huge issue in their lives already. If they're going to move it will be to somewhere with cheaper housing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Glad to hear it! Canada is our new deportation destination

10+ Year Old Account
    On the same page as original article
    https://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto/...-ceremony.html
    "University of Toronto gets ready for first-ever Black graduation ceremony"
    Care to comment on that?

Deleted
    So can Greenland, but you don't see anyone taking their experts seriously.

Canada is a great country. Problem is its too far north. Almost all population lives near southern border. If global warming actually happens and California becomes too hot to live in, Canada might have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    If you were starting from scratch, you wouldn't be able to afford a house in most of the populated parts of this country.
    What I mean by that is having no attachments or obligations like family that would cause you to choose USA, Mexico, etc... over Canada.

Must suck to be a native-born Canadian or German. All your government wants to do is replace you with non-natives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any expensive place to live scares me so I'll stick with my terrible 700 dollar apartment.

so much jealousy in this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If only Canada was livable.
    Oh dont worry with looming global warming Canada will soon be a leader in habitable climate and agriculture.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the OP loving where lives and being appreciative of this. If anything, it is badly needed when you consider the level of unhappiness, bitterness and distrust that is being seen across the world.
    I enjoy when you talk about yourself in 3rd person
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada's Got Talent will become infinitely more interesting when this actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Indeed. The house market is in fucking shambles.
    Things will cool down when Ontario goes bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Realistically yeah, I mean if your going to Canada you will most likely just end up in Vancouver or Toronto and who can afford to live there? The rest of Canada is either jobless, French or uninhabitable due to climate.
    You are a shinning example of why the USA doesn't even make the top ten for its education system.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    What I mean by that is having no attachments or obligations like family that would cause you to choose USA, Mexico, etc... over Canada.
    There are still far more opportunities in the USA or Europe over Canada. The job market here is still withered and weak, not many industries are very stable outside of our automotive industry, or if you are in forestry and can work in the logging business. Due to our low exports, Canada still relies on importing more than it exports, and the cost of living and operating in populated areas is too high for smaller to medium sized businesses. The Ontario government is crushing small business with the batshit insane hydro rates we pay, why would anyone want to come here and start a company or expand here when so much of their profits is going to both paying significantly higher wages as well as paying more for hydro, more expensive property and taxes associated with it. I mean, if we had other resources aside from fishing, softwood lumber, oil and automotive manufacturing, we would be hurting even worse for exports and strong exports means our dollar stays higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    You are a shinning example of why the USA doesn't even make the top ten for its education system.
    Yet the world keeps sending us people to educate at our Universities.