Would people be offended if...

... retribution paladins got a buff so large it'd put them in the top 3 dps specs?

IMO, they deserve it after the poor job Blizzard did designing this spec, and the nerfs with little to no compensation (CoV nerf specifically for that spec on proc rate that wasn't even that high to begin with, ES nerf, 7% crusade nerf, etc). Currently they are bottom three out of all dps specs ... at least someone being survival hunter can respec for better dps. Pallies don't have that option.

Of course, one could re-roll another class but what is the point of bringing a paladin to dps other than a blessing that only gives marginal improvement that doesn't make or break? The expansion isn't too alt-friendly either.

I know a guy that knows all about Retribution Paladins...

Yeah, he said no-go on top 3.

Best, I can do is bottom 6.

I have a paladin and rarely play him, but I miss when all specs had the blessings. It's a core function of a paladin. Then again, I miss all the classes that could buff you, but it did get out of hand when nearly every class had the same time of buff spell.

What are you on about? Paladins have been viable all expantion long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    ... retribution paladins got a buff so large it'd put them in the top 3 dps specs?

IMO, they deserve it after the poor job Blizzard did designing this spec, and the nerfs with little to no compensation (CoV nerf specifically for that spec on proc rate that wasn't even that high to begin with, ES nerf, 7% crusade nerf, etc). Currently they are bottom three out of all dps specs ... at least someone being survival hunter can respec for better dps. Pallies don't have that option.

Of course, one could re-roll another class but what is the point of bringing a paladin to dps other than a blessing that only gives marginal improvement that doesn't make or break? The expansion isn't too alt-friendly either.
    ... Someone has to be bottom :s Look at the actual DPS instead, is it within 10-15% of each other? Then Blizz did an excellent job considering the number of specs in this game. If ret is truly 15% lower than the top spot, thyen yeah, a 5-7% buff is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    ... Someone has to be bottom :s Look at the actual DPS instead, is it within 10-15% of each other? Then Blizz did an excellent job considering the number of specs in this game. If ret is truly 15% lower than the top spot, thyen yeah, a 5-7% buff is in order.
    The problem here is that ret has been near the bottom far too frequently in the history of the entire game. There's a track record of treating ret like shit. Not to mention the glaring fundamental problems, like the Retribution passive.

Why don't you cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

Deleted
    The problem here is that ret has been near the bottom far too frequently in the history of the entire game.
    HAHAHAHA....
    NO! next in live for buffs is Balance!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    HAHAHAHA....
    NO! next in live for buffs is Balance!
    Over my dead lifeless SV hunters body!

Paladins get buffed to top 3 dps

Guild stacks 8 ret paladins

Sacrifices one raid member every minute for sick dpssss

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What a silly question. People always will be offended. People will be offended when next expansion loading screen will be purple.

The problem here is that ret has been near the bottom far too frequently in the history of the entire game. There's a track record of treating ret like shit. Not to mention the glaring fundamental problems, like the Retribution passive.
    You know they say this in just about every class discussion thread right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get triggered when any hybrid is top 3.. habit I guess.

the poor job Blizzard did designing this spec
    Like a lot of specs in Legion.