Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am convinced this isn't the entire story. We need more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    or it doesn't work and she stabs you in the face because now your close.
    If our police have no confidence in overpowering a small pregnant women, then we have a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Full stories tend to be rare.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    No, generally they don't. You people are just very violent.
    what do you mean you people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dab554e97b08

Here's a bit more.

On the recording, which officials said was captured by dashboard video cameras in the patrol cars, officers can be heard discussing a woman who had previously made “all these weird statements.” Neither officer is identified, and police say all names have been removed from the recording.

The recording captured officers speaking to a woman about an Xbox that she said was taken. Seconds after that interaction, however, the encounter suddenly escalates and the officers can be heard shouting at the woman to back away.
    “Hey, get back! Get back!” an officer shouts, a call echoed by the other officer, before a volley of gunshots are heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Reporting on news is now race baiting and police bashing?

Should we not report when police shoot someone?
    Could report black on black killing aswell then
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ctive-custody/

No wonder people don't trust the police in some places. Why are they so trigger happy?
    Why do black people not put down their weapons or reach for weapons and wonder why they got shot???

FYI I actually don't believe this from a racial perspective, but since mainstream media wants to make it about race, so will I. More white people get shot in the same situations every year, but you don't see the news reporting on those in the same frequency if at all. The article is CLEARLY race baiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Actually, yeah.

Plenty of instances of white men with knives and guns, and they don't get shot (or just shot with taser)...including those having a history with police and mental health problems.

A small sampling (first guy had an arrest record)...

If you think race doesn't play a factor, you are either ignorant of the facts or outright delusional...
    The racism is on your part. Not the cops. More white people die from police inflicted wounds annually and yet all we keep hearing is about black people and about how race is a factor when it really isn't in 99% of them.

Hell Freddie Gray died of self inflicted wounds and yet there were riots even though the police 100% followed protocol other than strapping him into the van which is because he was still bucking around like a jackass and then kept doing it during the ride which ultimately led to his death. So you're citing these white cases yet....Freddie Gray right back at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty typical of what happens to people in North America when you pull a weapon on a cop. No sympathy over here sorry.

Have you not seen the disproportionate number of black individuals being gunned down by the police. Most decent people who aren't racists will be concerned about it.
    The ratio of people killed by police officers, regardless of race is still less than 1%. So kind of a moot point

The police need to gun down a pregnant woman because she's holding a knife?
    Thats pretty much where the divide on this topic lies. It's been done before a lot. Pretty sure you were there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the ONLY one who assumed she didn't put down a cooking knife?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is the pregnancy relevant? If you're a threat then you're a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I posted the same exact link and excerpt -- it was ignored in favor of the preferred narrative.

If you are a threat then you are a threat, Being Pregnant or mentally handicapped matters none.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

just another day in USA police executing the mentally ill.

no way they could of known she was mentally ill with a background check or used any other means, i mean here in the UK the police also just see someone with a weapon and pull out their gu...oh no they have to police instead of executing people lol.

sad story america needs to chill out, but nothing is gonna change just more innocent people being killed by scared untrained trigger happy cops.

I've had my grandfather call the police in alarm because my father was in the house, and when they arrived, he pulled a gun on them. He was white, a registered sex offender, and was delusional, as he was slowly deteriorating due to kidney failure. The police peacefully deescalated the situation and brought him in, and released him the next day. Why did he survive when pulling a gun, but she was murdered, as a pregnant woman with children, for pulling a knife? Systematic or not, this comes down to the racism and lack of training that these officers possessed.

Got her self killed, hand nothing at all to do with race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    I've had my grandfather call the police in alarm because my father was in the house, and when they arrived, he pulled a gun on them. He was white, a registered sex offender, and was delusional, as he was slowly deteriorating due to kidney failure. The police peacefully deescalated the situation and brought him in, and released him the next day. Why did he survive when pulling a gun, but she was murdered, as a pregnant woman with children, for pulling a knife? Systematic or not, this comes down to the racism and lack of training that these officers possessed.

Race had nothing to do with it. The woman was aggressive your dad prob wasnt. But we will never truly know since youre bias in the situation with your dad

But this post will prob be closed soo since it has become a race discussion so dont care what the answer is anymore anyways... dont even know why i bother posting in anything that isnt 100% game related anymore.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Training issue? Potentially. Race issue? Doubtful. On June 5th they responded to her call because the father of the children was causing trouble and she did a bunch of crazy shit once they got there after he fled.

According to the report, Lyles refused to put the scissors down and, before the arrival of the third officer, stood up and told the first two officers, “Ain’t none of y’all leaving here today!”
    Lyles was making comments about wanting to “morph into a wolf” and “cloning her daughter,” the report says, along with comments about how police officers were devils and members of the Ku Klux Klan
    After repeated requests to drop the scissors, Lyles dropped them to the floor, according to the report.

Lyles initially refused to step away from the scissors, but then did and calmed down, the report says.
    So the police had calmed her down before but after her 4 year old crawled onto her.

When it comes to her mental health, the courts did have her case moved to the Mental Health Court because the victims family was concerned and asked.

The family said it was concerned and wanted Lyles to “stabilize her mental health before it gets worse,” says the report, which urged the case be forwarded to mental-health court.

Lyles was charged with harassment and obstructing a public officer in Seattle Municipal Court. She pleaded not guilty and appeared in Mental Health Court on June 13, where she was ordered to be released the next day with conditions, court records show.

She was ordered to possess no weapons and check in with the court’s Day Reporting Program every Tuesday and Thursday and submit to random drug and alcohol testing.

Her next court appearance was set for June 27.
    It seems like Lyles, the victim, made this situation escalate unfortunately based on these reports. Here is the story link where I got the information from and the audio recorded from the dashcams on the day of her death.
    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...arleena-lyles/
    https://soundcloud.com/seattletimes/...harleena-lyles

Give that cop a medal. He did the world a favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a lab study, where the participants know they're being observed and thus are likely to act differently, refutes years of real world data?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Maybe if she didnt endanger them with knife she would still be alive. Really makes you think.
    she had children within reach, and the police would have had to close to danger distance to use less than lethal. She brought this on herself plain and simple, her having a mental breakdown sucks, but the brandished a knife and put police and childrens life in danger plain and simple.