Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Allright so you're an anarchist, i think we're done here.
    When have I ever said I'm an anarchist? I believe in restricting actions which actually cause harm to others, which means I'm not an anarchist. Just because I'm not a pure authoritarian nationalist, does not mean I'm an anarchist. I just happen to like freedom, it's a shame you do not feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    When have I ever said I'm an anarchist? I believe in restricting actions which actually cause harm to others, which means I'm not an anarchist. Just because I'm not a pure authoritarian nationalist, does not mean I'm an anarchist. I just happen to like freedom, it's a shame you do not feel the same.
    Spoiler alert: Absolutely nobody has actual "freedom" in any western part of the world, nor would i want it any other way.

Spoiler alert: Absolutely nobody has actual "freedom" in any western part of the world, nor would i want it any other way.
    One can strive for as much freedom as possible, and I find that to be a much more noble goal than oppression and restriction. The most efficient way to attain it, is to only restrict actions which actually cause harm to others. I'll take freedom over oppression.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Of course I have freedom. I just understand certain actions have consequences tied to them and I make the decision to not engage in such activities.
    You and your actions are controlled and restricted by the authorities in your country, yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    To integrate does not mean to simply abandon your beliefs.

I think both sides gets this wrong. You have every rights to bring your beliefs with you. In exchange, what we ask if that you have to adapt how you use those rights.

Our society has core principles that go against some religious principles, for instance. We believe a woman should be free and so, religious garb that has a history of oppression have no place in our society.

But likewise, we believe in freedom of religion. What happens privately, including prayers, food or clothing is none of our businesses.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

One can strive for as much freedom as possible, and I find that to be a much more noble goal than oppression and restriction. The most efficient way to attain it, is to only restrict actions which actually cause harm to others. I'll take freedom over oppression.
    Not speaking the language of the country you live in can cause indirect harm to others.

Not speaking the language of the country you live in can cause indirect harm to others.
    How? Seriously, how the hell does that harm others?

I'm curious, in what way?

How? Seriously, how the hell does that harm others?
    Pretty much every single accident occuring ever?

"Help, call 911"
    "Не понимаю"

"Help, call 911"
    "Не понимаю"
    That's not harm, sorry.

My actions are controlled by my desire to not be punished for such activities.
    You mean like getting kicked out of the country for refusing to learn the language? As was the topic.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not harm, sorry.
    So a person dies in front of you because you have no clue what he was saying, because you refused to learn the laguage of the country you immigrated to. Thats not indirect harm on your part? Shit happens?

Explain to me how this statement is directly talking about an immigrant learning a new language or getting kicked out please.
    It doesnt, it's just a poke to the anarchist above.

"Help, call 911"
    "Не понимаю"
    I've yet to meet anyone who can't understand to call emergency services in case of accident.

You mean like getting kicked out of the country for refusing to learn the language? As was the topic.

- - - Updated - - -

So a person dies in front of you because you have no clue what he was saying, because you refused to learn the laguage of the country you immigrated to. Thats not indirect harm on your part? Shit happens?
    If a person is dying in front of me, I help that person. I don't need to know the language to administer aid. Heck, even in your scenario, all I would need, is to be able to dial 3 numbers... which are not even English in base. A person can easily learn to dial 911, without knowing the language. Small children manage to do it all the time.

If I go to a foreign country, say Japan, and I see someone who needs assistance, I help them. Let's say an old lady bartender happens to fall, and hurt her leg and hip, I can still render aid, and even dial for emergency services. I bring this up, because it actually happened to me... and I don't know more than a dozen words of Japanese. The ambulance came, and she lived.

And once again, not knowing the language did not cause the harm, whatever caused the person to be sick or dying did that.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesnt, it's just a poke to the anarchist above.
    Once again, can you show how I'm an actual anarchist? Do you need me to provide a definition of the word?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I've yet to meet anyone who can't understand to call emergency services in case of accident.
    I have. But it's more needed for avoiding said accident in the first place, like yelling for people to get out of the way. Witnessed accidents happen first-hand because people didnt understand the language.

I have. But it's more needed for avoiding said accident in the first place, like yelling for people to get out of the way. Witnessed accidents happen first-hand because people didnt understand the language.
    Does that mean tourists shouldn't be allowed to go to any country unless they know the native language? I just want to make sure you are being consistent.

If a person is dying in front of me, I help that person. I don't need to know the language to administer aid. Heck, even in your scenario, all I would need, is to be able to dial 3 numbers... which are not even English in base. A person can easily learn to dial 911, without knowing the language. Small children manage to do it all the time.

If I go to a foreign country, say Japan, and I see someone who needs assistance, I help them. Let's say an old lady bartender happens to fall, and hurt her leg and hip, I can still render aid, and even dial for emergency services. I bring this up, because it actually happened to me... and I don't know more than a dozen words of Japanese. The ambulance came, and she lived.

And once again, not knowing the language did not cause the harm, whatever caused the person to be sick or dying did that.

- - - Updated - - -
    You would do that because you have a basic moral. The people who refuses to integrate, who comes from a certain culture that wont be mentioned, they dont have the same moral principles. The country is better off refusing all immigrants from said culture. *points @ poland*

- - - Updated - - -

Does that mean tourists shouldn't be allowed to go to any country unless they know the native language? I just want to make sure you are being consistent.
    I wouldnt travel to any country if i didnt speak english, and i knew that most people in the country i visited also did, atleast.

You would do that because you have a basic moral. The people who refuses to integrate, who comes from a certain culture that wont be mentioned, they dont have the same moral principles. The country is better off refusing all immigrants from said culture. *points @ poland*
    So, there's the real issue. It's not about language, you simply think they are immoral, and do not deserve to be near you. You want to lump them all together, to make sure you catch all the undesirables. Thanks for finally admitting what it's really about.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt travel to any country if i didnt speak english, and i knew that most people in the country i visited also did, atleast.
    That did not answer the question. You seem to want to force people out if they do not speak the language. You want to do it for immigrants, but what about tourists? Are you going to hold them to the same standard?

Remember, it's not about what you would do, but what you would force upon others.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-06-20 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    cause his words would be considered hate speech by most on the left.
    No, such a statement is fairly moderate, and Schäuble is, compared to the American Republicans very moderate. And left wing politicians said the same. If everything here is not good enough for you, get out. That's not racism, or discrimination.

The problem is that integration only works both ways, and people don't get that. That does not mean if 1% Japanese people live here, we all have to adopt 50% of the Japanese life style. But Germany had many Turkish guest workers in the 50s, and you can see the result of failed integration politics now. You can't just send them to their own ghettos, and expect them to integrate magically. It's hard work and it costs time and money. Erdogan won his election mostly by people who live here, not in Turkey. They live here, in a western country, and vote for dictatorship.

That's what happens when you accept lots of poor people in your country (which sort if is your duty after you did your part in ruining their countries! *wink wink USA*), and then expect "them" to integrate, whatever that means. They have lost their money, house, identity, family members, everthing. The last thing noone could take away is their religion and cherished memories from home. And we all know that after some time you make the past better than it was. So they live with their families, relive the glory days and become strange and hate everyone.

You have to be very blind to not see the connection between failed integration and radicalization.

Yes, that means 99% of today's terrorism is home made, and partly even wanted.
    Last edited by mmoc1848483d5d; 2017-06-20 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes but thats also an issue. My wife for instance never use MMO-C these days as she thinks it's a "cesspool of political bullshit and not a gaming community".
    But hey, it's their site.
    If she thinks it's a cesspool of political bullshit and not a gaming community, she's visiting the wrong subforums. The WoW forums and the gaming forums are still quite active.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.