Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    Did i miss an announcement about Limit? They are tumbling down the leaderboards.
    Mass bans, they quit the race pretty early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yes, 100% true. Dominating when there is no world class competition definitely doesn't show they're the "best guild in wow history". Not to sound like a cock or anything, grats on their kill nonetheless.
    You forgot the part of dominating ancient raids with ancient piss easy mechanics only artificially bumped in difficulty with retarded tuning. Tos kj has more mechanics in one phase than the entire fights those "legendary superhuman never to be surpassed raiders that quit 5000 thousands years ago" did.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No they didn't, they were a week behind on Ragnaros which is a massive delay. "Contending" yet they got destroyed every time.

https://www.wowprogress.com/achievement/5803
    https://www.wowprogress.com/achievement/5805
    They were neck to neck up to Rag. It was the first time Paragon had actual competition since they dominated the scene in ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp show's over guys, time to go home and wait for Argus
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What's your point? That Kungen was an average player? Because that was my point too. The videos of him playing are not impressive, even if they're not awful. The same can't be said for Sco, even if he isn't the best player ever.
    Are there any top first kills from vanilla/BC which look impressive gameplay wise?

If he's average, I wonder who was actually above average?

Can't tell the difference between this and Kungen

Last edited by Dangg; 2017-07-16 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I wonder, who is the best tank in the best tank in the world right now? Or even close to being the best? Kungen was MT of worlds best guild for long time - you say he was carried. Sco is the MT of worlds best guild for long time - you say he is carried. Treckie appearently sucked, which didn't stop him from getting a few WFs. So who is good?
    There are people like Lazel who're famous for their tanking, but that doesn't mean much in WF race guild enviroment, again just look at Lazel who lasted in Method a whole week. It's pretty obvious that even if Sco is not the best tank in the world he's a great GM, i'm not sure how much actual work he does, but even if he's not that involved with recruiting or whatever - he picked the right officers, he picked the right RL, etc. Compare that to Serenity, where people thought they could just coast on their skill alone.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Most consistent at top 3 I would say then. But that's just because they have an organisation to keep the guild together for such a long time. Constantly failing to get #1s also proves they are not the best.
    They may not have been the best guild for many periods in wows history, but overall they are the best...

Guess this is semantics, let's agree to disagree.

PS they did not have an organisation behind them for the first 10 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Are there any top first kills from vanilla/BC which look impressive gameplay wise?

If he's average, I wonder who was actually above average?

Can't tell the difference between this and Kungen

The main difference is that back in the day, personal tank skill was not as important as it became when active mitigation became a thing. Back in TBC/Vanilla a tank was a healing sponge and little more. Which is why Kungen being an average player was a thing that was possible, whereas it isn't for either Treckie or Sco.
    That's the thing though, difficulty in raiding back then and now lies in different aspects, with more focus on personal skill today than back then. Because of that, it's possible that Kungen wasn't a great player, but it isn't possible that anyone doing WFs today isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You forgot the part of dominating ancient raids with ancient piss easy mechanics only artificially bumped in difficulty with retarded tuning. Tos kj has more mechanics in one phase than the entire fights those "legendary superhuman never to be surpassed raiders that quit 5000 thousands years ago" did.
    Ok, sure pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    https://www.wowprogress.com/achievement/5805
    They were neck to neck up to Rag. It was the first time Paragon had actual competition since they dominated the scene in ICC.
    It only comes down to the last boss which determines the world first for the whole tier, and Rag was the hardest by FAR, and that's where the better guilds shine and they did. They also still beat Method to Majorhomo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come for the Method World First announcement, stay for the chest thumping from fanboys and defensive apologies from the other fanboys!

On a side note, congrats to Method, and good luck to #2
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Only 654 wipes? Raiding is soooooo eaaaasy now guuuys

Deleted
    Sco congratulated Easy on the US first Avatar, SAVAGE!

15+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing though, difficulty in raiding back then and now lies in different aspects, with more focus on personal skill today than back then. Because of that, it's possible that Kungen wasn't a great player, but it isn't possible that anyone doing WFs today isn't.
    Alright, I agree with that.
    His actual mechanical skills and such might have been nothing special, but he certainly had to be exceptional at a lot of aspects which were essential for a successful raider.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-07-16 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    Do I miss something? I mean, gratz to Method, but werent they not even world 2nd in the last tier? Calm down with NO COMPETITION BEST EVER , etc etc, they lost the last tier, they won that tier, there is one more to go .. no need to get over the top.

Hope more kills will follow so we can see vid soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Alright, I agree with that. His actual mechanical skills and such might have been nothing special, but he certainly had to be exceptional at a lot of aspects which were essential for a successful raider back then.
    Sure, but when directly comparing player skill, it's entirely possible that he wasn't fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    They may not have been the best guild for many periods in wows history, but overall they are the best...

Guess this is semantics, let's agree to disagree.

PS they did not have an organisation behind them for the first 10 years...
    How do you even draw that conclusion and based on what? In their existence they have been the best guild for maybe half of the time, at most. And what's the point of saying they are the best when you can't even compare different times?

The company has been around for 2 years, but it's basically sco's organisation and he has been around since the start of Method.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-07-16 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Sco just confirmed live on stream that avatar was mathematically impossible pre-nerf + that the sear nerf is the biggest nerf. My credibility is returned :P

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    How do you even draw that conclusion and based on what? In their existence they have been the best guild for maybe half of the time, at most.
    that is more then enough to put them as #1 overall for WoW raiding, considering theres no other guild that can claim even that much for the whole 12 years period ..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    So one of the worst fights in history? Just boring and a chore to do? Kinda like Sha of Fear Heroic back then? Uninspired and not really epic?
    Are you quoting someone, or are you just asspull whining in the typical MMO Champion style.