Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post

Meta achievements don't make them relevant by anymeans, neither does the ulduar hard mode which was done during ulduar progression. Vashj was the segue into the end of tier five being Tempest Keep and I say disregard vashj because of the "controversy" that people like to throw with that claiming method has the World first though it was not them. and KJ was the extension of tier 6 a 6.5 sort of. there are very view achievements from raids a guild should bother to note on their accomplishments one of the few being a tribute to immortality which they did not get. and perfect run of algalon was by no means hard to obtain once people knew the basic mechanics of the fight and had gear from hard mode fights. 90% of their wrath "accomplishments are irrelevant" as are their cata ones.
    this guy has seemingly no idea

Show me evidence that Method was in the top three at all during TBC disregarding bosses Vashj, and KJ who was an extension of tier 6. minute achievements do not by anymeans for world race progressions minus Tribute to immortality, and a select others. Where did I claim Paragon wasn't relevant? I was and will retort Method was not relevant in TBC, Wrath or most of Cata. data backs it up.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20081108...tsu.com/world/

"Data backs it up."

It does huh?
    Last edited by Kakera; 2017-07-17 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post

RIP Drow and Mojache

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    That site is remotely accurate. not

The top 10 is quite accurate. I remember talking to Dezi in vodka and told me they were shocked when they landed in the top 10, as they had issues re-clearing it the next week. In this case all that matters is the top 3. So yes it is accurate

If you don't get 1, Blizzard shows up and hands you all BiS gear and makes bosses do 10% less damage to you so yeah, #2 is nothing. I expect #2 any day now, with like 350 pulls less.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakitch View Post
    The top 10 is quite accurate. I remember talking to Dezi in vodka and told me they were shocked when they landed in the top 10, as they had issues re-clearing it the next week. In this case all that matters is the top 3. So yes it is accurate
    mm Method barely finished top ten on each boss outside of 15 bosses across all of TBC you had guilds like Nihilum, SK Gaming, Death and Taxes, Death by Snoo Snoo ( ZA) taking world firsts while method was barely making top ten
    That site is by all means not accurate

mm Method barely finished top ten on each boss outside of 15 bosses across all of TBC you had guilds like Nihilum, SK Gaming, Death and Taxes, Death by Snoo Snoo ( ZA) taking world firsts while method was barely making top ten
    prove it fam

Deleted
    To stay on the topic, here is an interesting graph posted by Justwait: https://mobile.twitter.com/Justw8/st...25643672711168

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you claiming Method did not kill SW Kil Jaeden world 2nd?

Or do you have trouble to read a very simple ranking? It just ranks guilds based on when they killed KJ.

Meta achievements don't make them relevant by anymeans, neither does the ulduar hard mode which was done during ulduar progression. Vashj was the segue into the end of tier five being Tempest Keep and I say disregard vashj because of the "controversy" that people like to throw with that claiming method has the World first though it was not them. and KJ was the extension of tier 6 a 6.5 sort of.
    So you arbitrarily decide Sunwell did not actually matter, by your own made up criteria even if they don't reflect reality at all.

I think the cross-history comparisons are quite pointless, as due to the roster changes all the different Methods have nothing in common other than the name and Sco.

One might argue that sports teams count their championships from decades ago too, however guild competing for e WF seem to have a limited shelf-life. Method is quite unique that they established themselves as a stable e-sports brand.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-07-17 at 05:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draggosh View Post
    To stay on the topic, here is an interesting graph posted by Justwait: https://mobile.twitter.com/Justw8/st...25643672711168
    There's a bunch of things that is hard to read in that graph...like what is the gaping black hole around 400 wipes where pulls start at 4 minutes, or are those 4 wipes that reach the entirety of the y axis enrage wipes or some <1% wipes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    There's a bunch of things that is hard to read in that graph...like what is the gaping black hole around 400 wipes where pulls start at 4 minutes, or are those 4 wipes that reach the entirety of the y axis enrage wipes or some <1% wipes.
    I think it's super rapid wipes. Graph is made of a lot of points (x=pull number, y=combat time) and then those points are linked together (but the line is pretty thick).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    LOL at people saying Method wasnt relevant.

There's reason Method was known as forever 2nd until MoP.
    This. Method was relevant since they were usually #2. Those people who claim they weren't just didn't probably play back then or didn't follow the race at all.. Sadly they never overtook the best guilds until they quit.

Although I don't agree with everything jon234 says, it's true that most of those fancy achievements Method lists for WotlK do not matter and everyone who raided during that time knows it. Back then, meta achievements were freshly introduced and it was a thing that some of the progress guilds went for them after progress and tried to get the meta as the first guild. However, this has always been a fun race after the real race that no one seriously cared about. Method did not get a good placement during WotlK, their World 5th placement in Tier 8 was as high as it got, so they weren't really relevant for the world first race back then.

I personally would phrase it like this: Method has now been the most consistent world first contender throughout WoW history. However, Paragon during its peak was still the best performing raid guild so far. Feel free to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Blablubs12 View Post
    Although I don't agree with everything jon234 says, it's true that most of those fancy achievements Method lists for WotlK do not matter and everyone who raided during that time knows it. Back then, meta achievements were freshly introduced and it was a thing that some of the progress guilds went for them after progress and tried to get the meta as the first guild. However, this has always been a fun race after the real race that no one seriously cared about. Method did not get a good placement during WotlK, their World 5th placement in Tier 8 was as high as it got, so they weren't really relevant for the world first race back then.

I personally would phrase it like this: Method has now been the most consistent world first contender throughout WoW history. However, Paragon during its peak was still the best performing raid guild so far. Feel free to disagree.
    As I remember unlocking Algalon's room was top priority back then (which Method unlocked world 2nd and also killed Algalon world 2nd) and until Stars killed Yogg+0 no really try harded that boss as much.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    As I remember unlocking Algalon's room was top priority back then (which Method unlocked world 2nd and also killed Algalon world 2nd) and until Stars killed Yogg+0 no really try harded that boss as much.
    That was the excuse Ensidia offered up for their world 4th, that "no one was trying". Paragon, Stars, Exodus, Premonition etc were definitely trying it pretty hard. Exodus' exploited kill was like a month and a half before Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    It definitely mattered as most guild were going pretty hard for him. The reason some guilds did not was more because many thought that he was mathematically impossible (funny, eh?) but then Stars prooved them wrong. And also, Yogg +0 is not the only boss that is reflected in the Tier 8 ranking, Algalon, Freya and Mimiron are also taken into consideration and Method still only ranks #5 overall in that Tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    just based on your list Method is already #1 overall

deal with it
    like half of those are 25 man kappa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blablubs12 View Post
    It definitely mattered as most guild were going pretty hard for him. The reason some guilds did not was more because many thought that he was mathematically impossible (funny, eh?) but then Stars prooved them wrong. And also, Yogg +0 is not the only boss that is reflected in the Tier 8 ranking, Algalon, Freya and Mimiron are also taken into consideration and Method still only ranks #5 overall in that Tier.
    Back then, "mathematically impossible" wasn't a meme so some guilds just thought that "someone did the math" That was actually Paragon's coming out- party that people didn't really notice, they were world 2nd with a more optimal strategy than Stars, but they just came a bit late.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    That was the excuse Ensidia offered up for their world 4th, that "no one was trying". Paragon, Stars, Exodus, Premonition etc were definitely trying it pretty hard. Exodus' exploited kill was like a month and a half before Stars.
    Algalon was top priority back them, before the raid was even released and people were not aware how hard the +0 achievment was. Look up the progress threads from back then, they are still there.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Ensidia/page15
    the thread is full of people hating on ensidia. you'd expect "they haven't won. race isn't over yet, yogg+0 still alive"' post. I couldn't find any
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-07-17 at 08:14 AM.