Saving a weird ass antelope from extinction by bringing to the Alaska (and Canada?)

One of most endangered and unknown species (and coincidentally one of my favorite) is the saiga antelope.

In the Pleistocene (Ice Age) they were found in North America and up until the 17th-18th century they were found all the way from Romania to China. They're major threat is poaching for food and traditional Chinese medicine.

In order to protect this weird animal, I think it might be best if at least a smaller, managed population could be reintroduced to Alaska and Western Canada to increase their numbers. If the population takes off in NA, then they could import the animals back to the Caucasus and Mongolia. If the Eurasian population dies off then we'll at least have a living population.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That thing looks like it would be decimated by a pack of wolves in seconds. How large is it?
    Between 39 and 55 inches (100-140 cm) tall. There are wolves in its current habitat, the main issue is poaching for horns.

There are large number of these(or were in Kazakhstan, literal hundreds of thousands to millions), but a few years back they were hit by disease , killing a shit ton.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20161...lanet-earth-ii

I don't want that animal in my country.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Yeesssss, I love it!

Are these the same? The first one looks kinda disproportionate with a way too big head compared to the second one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuckin gross penis face. Wipe them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Are these the same? The first one looks kinda disproportionate with a way too big head compared to the second one.
    Might be a case of sexual dimorphism.

OT: Truly special animal. I believe that anything that brings new types of food to my table is a good deed. Bring them to blessed America, I'll gladly eat a few of these little fellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    said the khajiit guy

As cute as a Quokka

What ya do have a stew

Theen toast the critter
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We need to build a wall to keep the saiga antelope out!

I hear they're rapists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Think it's what Zoibert was saying about sexual dimorphism. It might also be the added winter gives off the illusion that the animal is much bulkier.