Poll: Will you buy/play the necromancer?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll buy it, but I won't be playing until the next season, as I want to knock out getting a 70 necromancer and a seasonal 70 in one go, as well as get the Heroes rewards for it. I'm a bit disappointed by the massive gap between release and the new season, but it's kind of understandable. I doubt they'll balance/nerf much, though, unless it's gamebreaking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Nope. Maybe at a later point in time, maybe never. I don't want to support this kind of content selling anyway.

They gave a lot of free content over the years and they ask little bit for new class and you people complain about it.It's a company,they make video games and sell it.They don't ask money for everything they make like most companies do.Put new content into season pass and selling it to you.I think they deserve the 15 for new class.

played it on beta. didnt like it. Was entirely unfinished when they took it down and said beta was done, forums were livid. Beta was essentially just bug testing, certianly didn't listen to feedback. I call it now, when it releases, the fueled by death passive will still be bugged and it will still be shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusch View Post
    I will look forward to paying 15 dollar for the druid in December 2018.

(No I won't)
    we both know you will purchase the druid, if your looking forward to forking out the cash or not , so will i

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    we both know you will purchase the druid, if your looking forward to forking out the cash or not , so will i
    Nah, I don't play D3 anymore, did like 2-3 seasons and did the exact same thing every time and was bored in like 2 days, haven't played it in 1,5+ years.

That's also why I think this pack is way overpriced, there is literally no new content aside from a new class, this does nothing for the core gameplay loop that's a snorefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Buuuuuuut... DRUID
    I know, I feel your pain. The good news, possibly, is that one of the new zones has shapeshifters, who are wolves, so it might be a teaser at the next class pack...

There's a link on the front page to the new zones that are in 2.6, they're very cool, the art in the Shrouded Moors is really fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Why would you possible think that hearthstone makes them the most money ad there are no pack openings in Starcraft or wow.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know there adding like 3 new areas with the necromancer for free right? And a new rift thing it's not like it's only the necro every thing else is just free.
    Well..okay. Here's the deal - two of the new zones are really cool - new art, lore, and fun to poke around in. The third are simply rift-like zones with no real story, just changes biome/setting/art several times through, with shimmery gates between. Not really "new", but just additional zones in act IV. It's nice and all, but compared to a new act...

7+ Year Old Account

I guess we'll see a preview of 2.7 on Gamescom.
    Then D2 Remaster and/or new D3 class on Blizzcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    i want to buy it ... i want to play D3 again ..but i am 100% sure i only play it for 2-3 weeks and then wait for next season .. like i always do

so kinda not sure yet, i know i should not buy it and by that supporting a that could be so much better ....
    SO 15 bucks for likely 40 hours of play that you will come back to for another run of 40 hours or so, and thats not a good return?

Gamers these days.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I won't be buying it. If the current box price for RoS expansion is $19.99 and this class is $14.99 that means for $5 we would have got an expansion. If this was an expansion I would happily pay about $30 for it as long as it included new features, new zones, new class ect. AKA RoS. This is an attempt to milk the community for a lack of an expansion, you are blind if you can't see that. Blizzard will think they can get away by just releasing a class and no new content. This isn't a moba

7+ Year Old Account
    There won't be another expansion. If you don't like D3 at its current state you'll have to wait for D4.

Yes, while I don't play Diablo serious I still play from time to time, Necromancer will generate for me few hundreds hours if not more over the months/years etc, a very good investment in my eyes for 15 euro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A blizzard game is no more special then any other game.
    You are aware of blizz-act price politics and 15 bucks looks like absolute minimum they could go there. So it looks like you made your decision beforehand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Deadly Roots: The Lore of the Necromancer
    https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/208...cer-23-06-2017

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I fully expect this to happen:

• My nostalgia for the necromancer will overtake me. I will purchase the DLC for $15.
    • I will log into D3.
    • Realize I'm playing D3.
    • Log out.
    • Wait for my friends to get online to powerlevel my Necromancer, then get boosted.
    • Play a few rifts with the Necro.
    • After about 40mins say "that's cool"
    • Log out of Diablo 3 until 2021.
    I will stop at step 4. Step 5 requires something that I lack

Is it going to be released the 27th for europe as well? Blizzard usually patches and stuff for the us on tuesdays and on wednesdays for the EU.

Yes because Necromancers are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    No, this is their last resort to milk this game.
    They can make and release a new champ for HoTS almost monthly and that's for free but it took them 1 year (maby more?) to develop a new class for D3 and they're selling it for 15$. No thanks i'd rather buy a cheap game for 15$.

1) Hots heroes aren't nearly as complex.
    2) People actually pay for stuff in that game if you haven't realised it yet.
    3) Personal priorities....

I won't be getting it even though I loved necro in d2. It was my fav class along with hammerdins. I just don't see what I enjoyed with the necro in d2 being viable in how d3 plays due to the timed aspect of everything. I loved the never ending hoard of zombies fighting through everything, it felt like a war of attrition at times. D3 just isn't designed to make my necro playstyle fun in my opinion.

Considering the value you get out of those 15 bucks, I think it's completely reasonable. There's tons of full games out there that are likely magnitudes less hours of entertainment than this, even if it's just 1 character and some frills.

Contrary to some people I am FOR paid DLC/microtransactions in many games (if done right, naturally). D3 especially has been in its dire state for so long precisely because it does NOT have a revenue stream for Blizzard to care about putting work into it. Something like this will hopefully help remedy that to some extent; though a real "fix" would probably have to be D4.

All that being said, I won't buy Necro on release. I'll wait till the season a few weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusch View Post
    15 is way too much for only 1 class.
    It's literally cheaper than most dishes at normal resturants lol