Poll: which side are you on?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    But people don't tend to play them because of that... otherwise, "getting a job and making a living" games would be all the rage.
    But they continue playing after the magical times of "just having fun" are over because of those "ego rewards". At least is what i think and what i do :S

There is always something to strive for in WoW... always. Apparently you have limited yourself to only wanting to strive for things that others will respect or be jealous of, which will only lead to sadness (as apparently it has).
    You described exactly how i feel. But it doesn't necessarily lead to sadness...more of a feeling of "unfulfillment" and "quest of self improvement".
    And the best part is once you reach your goal...you feel amazing and incredibly happy.

That stuff that I bolded is the BEST possible thing for the game... the absolute BEST. Because it encourages creators to the design the game for fun over any other priorities (which should be the goal).
    True, the game should be fun to play but after 10 years of playing a game one starts wondering...am i having fun purely from the gameplay and pressing buttons?
    It's like my situation in League of Legends.
    I have been playing that game for years! I know everything and have played all the characters. I burned out completely of it.
    So what was my next step? Trying to reach rank Gold.

Do you know how much time it took me to reach that goal? 3 years!

That stupid ego reward made me dedicate myself to the game for 3 years after the phase of "just having fun".
    Now i quit it because i am completely burned out.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-06-24 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you would get it if you were unemplyed fatass living in your parent basement and chugging hotpockets and soda drinks

then in game prestige would make you fullfilled

sadly you are just normal functioning adoult so you dont get it
    It's as if moderation has no place in modern culture.

I guess if I am going to smoke, I should smoke 4 packs a day, otherwise I am lazy. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Your whole post is a fallacy, since accessible doesn't mean shit. Naxx was accessible to everyone in vanilla.

Prestige ofc.
    If person commits 20hr per week to the game he SHOULD have better perks than if person commits 2hrs per week.
    Now it is completely opposite, every hobo and his friend has two leggos and everyone can see end-game super-villan who can literally destroy worlds by spitting on it.

Deleted
    Yep, i'm definitely addicted to prestige in videogames.
    Right now i am playing Tekken 7 and i'm in a small community of discord.

Is all about prestige. "which rank do you have?", "who wins who in duels", "videotaping matches", "studying the game", "making up new ideas for offense"

It's all a addicting quest of self improvement. All because of Prestige and ofcourse Fun. But the prestige makes things more spicy.
    Muy caliente and very fun.

tldr: WoW needs this : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Accessibility.

Exclusive rewards should only exist for an x-pack window. You've had your time in the sun and will move on to the next set long before the rest of us get onto the rest
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Most things should be accessible, but there should be a handful of unique rewards for high end players. There are hundreds of mounts in the game. It seems perfectly fine that a bare handful require high end raiding or PvP. There are thousands of transmog options, it should be perfectly fine that some are only available from doing the hardest content. But things like set bonuses should be available to everyone via LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyresparxx View Post
    Most things should be accessible, but there should be a handful of unique rewards for high end players. There are hundreds of mounts in the game. It seems perfectly fine that a bare handful require high end raiding or PvP. There are thousands of transmog options, it should be perfectly fine that some are only available from doing the hardest content. But things like set bonuses should be available to everyone via LFR.
    And since when Mythic raiding isnt accessible? You have acess to it. Just becouse you dont have time doesnt mean it isnt accessible. And non of vanity items from Mythic are iteresting. Prestiqgue in WoW was always about killing hard bosses what only few could see.

there is nothing prestigue about gear or achievements when i can just faceroll everything in next expansion anyway and get same stuff like people what put eggort into the game when it was relevant content. Yay i have epic from mythic anddd i dont give *** becouse there is millions od other noobs what wear exact same purple and orange items.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2017-06-26 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Prestige should only include cosmetic stuff like mounts, transmogs and titles, not actual gear. Everyone should have access to the same stuff regardless of difficulty level, although harder content should have better drop rates so getting good gear would be faster.
    Ilvl is not a reward, but rather a tool to enable you to complete content. People need to get that through their heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Accessibility.

Exclusive rewards should only exist for an x-pack window. You've had your time in the sun and will move on to the next set long before the rest of us get onto the rest
    Bullshit. Why do you somehow deserve to faceroll for the same stuff people worked their ass for?

You've had your time in the shadows, you can remain there or get good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Ilvl is not a reward, but rather a tool to enable you to complete content. People need to get that through their heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit. Why do you somehow deserve to faceroll for the same stuff people worked their ass for?

You've had your time in the shadows, you can remain there or get good.
    Because effort is temporary and there's always something new. Now you can take the idiot road here and say "well if you can't do it git gud or GTFO" Except..

Players don't step up, I know, blizzard knows it and you know it. Deny players enough and you foster a mindset of paranoid necessity. Any interest in the game becomes a terrified compulsion to play least they miss out on something they might want, and that leads to terminal burnout or people just not bothering. Then the next thing you know you're the 1% of a dying game

Lastly you will note that I'm not against the 1% having their moment. Your reward is having that accomplishment and all the shiney toys when they're garenteed things. I'm going to be running mythic HFC until the end of time trying to get the felsteel annihilator. A mount you saw Every Kill, that is one of your rewards and the balance is that by the time things are trivial, those rewards are far slower to get. See also the cael mount, invisible and other such nonsense. I don't know why i'm explaining this, it's self-evident and nobody whose not actively entitled and insane is going to demand time-gated titles and 100% mounts 3 years down the line
    Last edited by Cwimge; 2017-06-26 at 04:49 PM.
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Because effort is temporary and there's always something new. Now you can take the idiot road here and say "well if you can't do it git gud or GTFO" Except..

Players don't step up, I know, blizzard knows it and you know it. Deny players enough and you foster a mindset of paranoid necessity. Any interest in the game becomes a terrified compulsion to play least they miss out on something they might want, and that leads to terminal burnout or people just not bothering. Then the next thing you know you're the 1% of a dying game

Lastly you will note that I'm not against the 1% having their moment. Your reward is having that accomplishment and all the shiney toys when they're garenteed things. I'm going to be running mythic HFC until the end of time trying to get the felsteel annihilator. A mount you saw Every Kill, that is one of your rewards and the balance is that by the time things are trivial, those rewards are far slower to get. See also the cael mount, invisible and other such nonsense. I don't know why i'm explaining this, it's self-evident and nobody whose not actively entitled and insane is going to demand time-gated titles and 100% mounts 3 years down the line
    Thats why the game should have different levels of prestige. LFR players get something cool, Normal players get something cool, Mythic Dungeons get something cool etc etc

You are talking as if we are saying to only reward the best 1%. That's not right and it's not what we are talking about.

Because right now there is ZERO prestige in things. (item level is not prestige and there are already millions of good transmogs in old raids)

Everyone has access to everything currently.

There are no barriers to raiding mythic or high end PVP. Just skill and organization.