Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not a straw man, sorry. I'm simply wanting to make sure people are using logical consistency.
    No, those are literal, textbook definitions of straw man arguments.

You are literally arguing against your own nonsense examples that you came up with as evidence of why the other side's argument is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    No, those are literal, textbook definitions of straw man arguments.

You are literally arguing against your own nonsense examples that you came up with as evidence of why the other side's argument is wrong.
    Once again, not a straw man. I want to make sure you are being consistent. Is that too much to ask?

Here is what you said:

"But no one claims all refugees are terrorists.

They claim some are terrorists, then argue they should not be allowed entry since there is no way to discern who is and is not a terrorist.

You yourself seem to subscribe to the same belief or you would have said no refugees are terrorist... The only difference between you and them is that you believe they should be allowed in regardless of whether there are terrorist among them."

I simply want to ensure you are being consistent in your questioning actions, because harm may come from a portion of a population. Is there a threshold of terrorists and miscreants that is required, before you change your mind on what should, and should not be restricted?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-06-21 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, not a straw man. I want to make sure you are being consistent. Is that too much to ask?
    Whatever you say, dear.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Whatever you say, dear.
    Does that mean you don't want to be consistent?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Well the like/dislike ratio kinda proves OP's point for him
    Also this video have a lot of good arguments imo.

(also I like this guy voice, it is almost like listening to ASMR video )
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-21 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

why would they ever let the genocide denying TYT be involved in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Nope, but if you push an agenda that costs the taxpayer money while your own company is evading as much taxes as possible I think you better be willing to pay for your ideals with cash.
    I'm a bit surprised that someone as supposedly capitalistic as you is crying about effective and lawful tax evasion.

This video is a pathetic example of a pathetic subgroup of morons who have it too good in their lives and thus seek to take on the problems of others, a messiah complex one might say.

Gah, just die out already.

EDIT: I'm glad to see that normal people are not going to put up with this shit and are nuking this disgusting emotional propaganda piece into oblivion.
    Last edited by KevyB; 2017-06-21 at 08:42 PM.

That's not it at all. If you are going to try and judge an entire group by the actions of some, then be consistent. Should we take guns away from white people, because they seemingly want to shoot up churches and Planned Parenthood? Should we take them away from young, black males, because they are more likely to commit homicides? Let's go further, and ban police officers from getting married, or having children, because they are 2-4 times more likely to commit domestic abuse. Generally, people have no problem sacrificing liberty for security, so long as it's someone else's liberty.
    I see the point you're trying to make, but the thing is other than the security risk you have importing these people they bring little to no value to your economy, and on top of that they are very resistant to assemble into western culture.

I know the alt left will blow up on me for saying this but there you have it, I am sure that is what most people who don't want them in their country is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I see the point you're trying to make, but the thing is other than the security risk you have importing these people they bring little to no value to your economy, and on top of that they are very resistant to assemble into western culture.

I know the alt left will blow up on me for saying this but there you have it, I am sure that is what most people who don't want them in their country is thinking.
    I don't care if they want to take part in our culture. I also have no desire to actually support them with public funds. So long as they wish to be here, and do not cause harm, then I have no problem with them at all.

So we should send money to these countries, who might not even have a functioning or non-corrupted government, and expect people to just stay there and risk being raped, tortured or killed for however many years (if ever) it will take to turn that country around. That sounds very reasonable.

Video was perhaps a bit too manipulative, but the message holds true.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    "propaganda"

Sure... over exaggerated maybe... I mean some of these charity thing can ham it up a bit but there nothing wrong with caring about the people mentioned. Even if the video might be pushing it too far...

If I had all the money in the world I'd be out there helping them right away... Right now I am struggling to make a living myself
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-06-21 at 09:07 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Oh come on, it is a tearjerker with brushed up, handpicked demographics largely unrelated to the reality of who arrives on europes shores.
    Far as my two posts go, I'm only going into the video being a lie or not.
    GoblinP's claim that it is propaganda is backed with it being a lie.
    They've not established it being a lie. Nor have you.

What arrives on Europe's shores is but one piece of a very large puzzle. I get why that is a more proximate problem (this forum being mostly populated by Europeans and North Americans). But it's just that: a piece in the tragedy that is this planet.

It being a tearjerker is a better argument for the propaganda claim, as it evokes its biased nature. And
    But we're into very subjective territory. And, quite frankly, I don't much care for that. Because we're dealing with even more basic disagreements of fact: the video not being a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    So we should send money to these countries, who might not even have a functioning or non-corrupted government, and expect people to just stay there and risk being raped, tortured or killed for however many years (if ever) it will take to turn that country around. That sounds very reasonable.

Video was perhaps a bit too manipulative, but the message holds true.
    But they want you to donate on foundation that 'made' this video (probably there isn't anything wrong with that )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

It's not a good video.

Not because it's shit...

It's cause it's useless...

And...well..it's golden shit.

It's also pointless, and undeeded.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a company with known liberal leanings promotes a video with liberal leanings and... people are surprised? Am I getting this right? Maybe y'all should migrate over to vimeo or something if it bothers you that much, put your money where your outrage is.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Loving the comment section People are finally waking up!

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Far as my two posts go, I'm only going into the video being a lie or not.
    GoblinP's claim that it is propaganda is backed with it being a lie.
    They've not established it being a lie. Nor have you.

What arrives on Europe's shores is but one piece of a very large puzzle. I get why that is a more proximate problem (this forum being mostly populated by Europeans and North Americans). But it's just that: a piece in the tragedy that is this planet.

It being a tearjerker is a better argument for the propaganda claim, as it evokes its biased nature. And
    But we're into very subjective territory. And, quite frankly, I don't much care for that. Because we're dealing with even more basic disagreements of fact: the video not being a lie.
    If this video isnt specifically addressed at europeans and north americans why appeal to our value codex, our understanding of what "compassion" is and what we allegedly owe the world?
    It clearly isnt designed for anyone else, ESPECIALLY NOT other majority muslim nations.
    It isnt designed for southeast asia or japan. They would laugh at such petty deception, throw money in your face and shut their door tight.
    It isnt designed for south america either, because they've got their own struggles and wouldnt know how people get the idea that they would be in a position to help.
    And it surely isnt addressed at Australia, because Australia is a former colony of criminals, they dont buy into that bullshit. They know what is being played.
    You have to have grown up in a cave to not realize what market a product is designed for. This is a product. It is designed to appeal to the emotional dupability of what what the chinese call with rightful contempt and a little Schadenfreude the "white left".
    It is a designer drug for a nice induced guilt trip.

Tools such as emotional manipulation, cherrypicking, misrepresentation and omission, in short being deceptive, are willfully employed to create something that is not representative of the situation it is pretending to represent. It might differ depending on your personal relationship with this value called honesty, but in the environment of straight talking honest and outspoken folk I've been raised in we call this a lie.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-06-21 at 10:33 PM.

How to be the perfect example of the liberal ideology? Literally deny a genocide.

I say let every single one in whats the harm. Whats it at now 50 million willing refugees mind as well let em all in what could possibly be the issue from doing that
    Last edited by Raunchy; 2017-06-21 at 10:35 PM.